Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Star Wars

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

jeremiahj13

What did you think of Star Wars? Entertaining? Biblical?
Please report ;)

jeremiahj13 said:
What did you think of Star Wars? Entertaining? Biblical?
Please report ;)
entertaining i've seen them all, but the force thing is based on hinduism/pantheism

jason

Just look at the name. lol. I LOVE me some good Star Wars
I just saw Star Wars - In Concert. ...I cried when they played the Asteroid Field song.

And yes, you're right. Star Wars concurs with a Pantheistic mindset more than it does a Christian one.
Pantheism, for those who don't know, is the idea that "Nature is god/God is nature" or everything is part of 'God' or 'God' is in everything. This is obviously wrong, however, I can't blame Lucas for coming up with the hypothesis that he did. This normally happens when man tries intellectualizing his way into things he may plausibly think is true. The drawback is obviously that since it's only plausible, there's a possibility that the hypothesis is indeed, wrong.

But, besides that, I just love the story. I was born in '85, so I wasn't there for the hype of the moment when Vader told Luke he was his dad..but I've certainly heard how utterly shocked everyone was. The only three people that knew that were Lucas, James Earl Jones, and Ben Burtt (their sound guy who implemented the audio into the film). NOBODY knew. David Prowse, the guy in the Vader suit, said "Obi-Wan killed your father" on the set. When audiences, including the Star Wars crew themselves, saw it for the first time in the theater, EVERYBODY was about ready to crap their pants. Just hearing that makes me revere the series.

Episode I - I liked it 50/50. This was Natalie Portman's best role in the whole series. She stank in the other two, and still was only mediocre at best. Liam Neeson/Qui-Gon dying SUCKED. Both Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor made that film good. Aside from them, and the AMAAYYZIINNG lightsaber fights, nothing really caught my attention. The battles are easily trumped by the original three predecessors.

Episode II - ...doesn't exist. The only good thing to come FROM the movie, was Count Dooku. In the Clone Wars series, he does a masterful job caniving and scheming on the spot in the field. Loved his character, and his lightsaber. You can do lots more damage with a sword that has a curved handle, especially if you decide to use two hands instead of just one.

Episode III - This one was decent. Anakin looked pretty bad-ack, but he was still too whiny to be a good Darth Vader. The lightsaber fights were to die for as well. General Grievous was really cool in the animated series, and Ewan McGregor gave his best performance as Obi-Wan.

Episode IV - This is my gf's favorite. I love the blend of characters. Totally original for its time. Now you have everyone else copying off of it, even when they try to be as original as possible. The dialogue scene between Han and Luke concerning Princess Leia in the detention block makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME. Mos Eisley looked pretty sweet, too.

Episode V - This is MY favorite. Seeing how Luke and Leia might have made the typical couple, I was kind of pleasantly surpised to find out she and Han were taking a liking to each other. Even Scoundrels need somebody, eh? The music was excellent, and it made liking the bad guys for their toys and sheer amounts of power not such a foreign concept after all. If I had to choose either the Rebel Alliance or the Empire just based on technology and equipment, I'd choose the Empire in a heartbeat, and I have ESB to thank for that.

Episode VI - The visual effects for this movie blew my face off back in the early 90s when I hadn't even hit adolescence. that was WITHOUT all the Special Edition stuff they did. The music was extreme, and Luke's green lightsaber was the coolest thing since sliced bread. The last battle scene on all three scopes (land, space, and swords) has never been topped, and I doubt it ever will.

I'm into SW to the degree that I know junk that happens after Return of the Jedi. Luke turns to the darkside for a little bit (electricuting his pregnant sister while he was at it, I might add), Chewie dies, Leia and Han have three kids. Jacen kills Luke's wife and lots of other people, Anakin Solo dies, and Jaina is just plain awesome. Dash Rendar and Cade Skywalker made being a vigilante cool for me. Dash has a pistol that packs a punch, and Cade has a sawed-off laser shotgun. ...I don't care if it's impractical, it's pretty frickin cool is what it is!

XP

wow how could anyone not love star wars on some level except some people who think they are "too cool" for it. darth vader ROCKS! i dont know what the force is influenced by, i mean ive heard many different things, that some of it is christianity, other parts hindu, i dont know, but its just a movie and a really cool one at that. i love both star wars and indiana jones movie ALOT! i was indy for halloweeen a couple years ago and everyone loved it lol.

I love the series. All six films were good, but I prefer the first trilogy over the second, and Return Of The Jedi is my alltime fav.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back