Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Streaming All Video Content

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Good stuff! As tech like Android TV, Roku, and Chromecast become more mainstream, these cable and satellite providers are definitely going to have to reinvent themselves, or they'll end up like Blockbuster Video or the railroad industry. It's ironic, because I'm an Android geek through and through. I'm always on XDA Developers and listening to tech podcasts, but I'm behind the curve that you guys are ahead of.

Obadiah AMC is a cable network just like TNT, and I'm still hooked on Walking Dead, so I'd miss that. Directv gave me 3 free months of HBO, so in this time I've binge watched Game of Thrones with da wife. We might keep it for a few months to watch season 6, but we'll definitely dump it after that. We have Netflix, but I'm about to dump that. They seem to be littered with 2 & 3-star movies. A lot there, but not much good, IMO.

Cool to see you guys sticking it to the man and dumping costly cable! Power to the people! LOL

I'm bumping this thread in case someone sees this who currently streams their TV content and has successfully ditched cable or satellite providers. I'd really like to do this but from what I've read, it takes several online subscriptions from different services to even come close to a standard cable package.

CFnet is probably not the best place to seek out this kind of input compared to other tech forums, but maybe there is someone here who knows. AT&T now owns Direct TV. The more these providers merge, prices will only go up. I called Direct TV yesterday and talked about terminating our account of 15 years, and they threw a full year of HBO at me for free. Nice, but it doesn't reduce my bill.

Hulu started charging for everything these days. Kinda a bummer.

But many of the network's are still free.

Hulu started charging for everything these days. Kinda a bummer.

But many of the network's are still free.
Yes, once you add up the monthly fee for Hulu, Netflix, and other providers, you start amassing a bill for services that aren't nearly as easy as scrolling through channels on Direct TV. It's still much lower, but it seems we have a ways to go before this option is widely adopted.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back