Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Suffering a faith failure, HELP!

Job1042

I need some help, please.

I asked God a few years back to find me a mate. Lo and behold, she appeared. I've watched God work in so many ways in this situation that I know for a fact that she is the one for me that He "selected." I "tested" it. In fact God also told me that she is mine. We haven't spoken yet, but from far away glances I can tell we're both infatuated with each other.

Problem is, this woman is my complete opposite in terms of lifestyle. I'm suffering a faith failure right now because I'm having "God Trust" issues just like in the Book of Numbers 13:27-33. I'm asking myself, "why would He pair me with this woman? She's completely my opposite." So I'm freaking out inside.

So I caved and went back to my old ways last weekend (internet dating) and instantly found a woman who I'm scheduling to meet this Friday. On paper she is exactly what I'm looking for.

I don't know what to do. This morning I had a dream that my father (Yes, he's alive) started crying and I comforted him and said, it's okay. I had the feeling that I disappointed him / failed, which is the reason he was crying so my saying "it's okay" was meant to comfort him.

Is this a sign that I should completely forget the online date and just focus on what God said is mine. I'm really just bored waiting for the one He chose for me, and most importantly, I'm deeply afraid that I won't be able to handle it. I'm suffering a Trust issue with God and can't wrap around that He will take care of the consequences. I'm actually afraid of the consequences! What should I do? Can I date others WHILE He sends her my way?

opposites attract right? and when you say opposite do you mean in terms of faith? or just personality?

Ben.. I meant her lifestyle. I've actually calmed down since I posted this. I placed my faith in God and cancelled the internet dating thing. In my heart I felt it was the right thing to do and I feel so much better. I'm leaving it to God and trusting Him that I will be able to handle this. I'm realizing that God would not "set me up to fail" and that I shouldn't worry because I know that because it's from Him, it'll be just perfect! :)

Job, a couple of important questions here:

First...if God has absolutely, postively told you that woman A is the girl for you....why on earth haven't you spoken to her yet!?! And, how can you be sure that she is indeed the ONE, if she hasn't told you that God has spoken to her heart about you as well.

Second...in what why are your lifestyles opposite? Sometimes opposites compliment each other. This is very much the way it is with my husband and I...he's more out going, I'm more introspective. He's sort of forgetful, I am detail oriented...etc...and the ways in which we are different complete us as a team.

But, sometimes opposites clash. If her lifestyle is one of partying, dating a lot of different men, lots of worldly music and movies and you're a church only, Christian themed only kind of guy...well that kind of opposite doesn't compliment, it clashes and leads to heartache and misery...and often divorce.

Be honest about question number one...and I'll tell you why I'm emphasizing the importance of this: Years ago a young man of my aquaintence told me that God told him that I was the one for him and we were to be married and move to a foreign country and be missionaries. He was so sincere, so sure of the truth of God's 'revelation' and yet I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that a: God wasn't ready for me to be married at that time and b: even if I was, there would be no way I'd marry this particular guy. He was nice enough...but to marry him? No.

There is a way that seems right to a man...but sometimes (to mix up the proverbs a bit) the heart is exceedingly ...shall we say prone to mistakes?

handy, it's a looooong story but

1) She's extremely shy with me.

I heard God's small still voice audibly, my entire heart and soul was very joyous as I was hearing His voice and then He said she is mine along with 2 other things He told me.

2) This is what I don't get. We're opposites with respect to lifestyle, but there's something about her that tells me "things aren't always what they seem." Like she may be outgoing just to "go along with it" but inside she may just be down to earth.

I bet God has been using her as an instrument to increase my faith and let me tell ya, it's been working LOL. My faith has never been so strong as it has been. And who knows maybe that's all she is... a way for God to increase my faith and not for me to actually be with her... but I'll let Him tell me. :)

Back