Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study tabernacle

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Y

yesha

I'm doing a study on the tabernacle.

Does anyone have any special insights, links, recommended books?

books

Three books by Kevin J. Conner called the Divine Habitation Trilogy
1- the Tabernacle of Moses
2- the Tabernacle of David
3- the Temple of Solomon

Conner's books on this subject are the best I have seen, elecent scriptual teacher.
The Tabernacle of David is my favorite book, regardless of subject.

T7

The Temple, by Alfred Edersheim.

Full title --

The Temple - Its Ministry and Services As They were at the Time of Jesus Christ.

check out Amazon.com

Yes, thank you. I have not yet read that one. I believe it's available on e-sword.

I have some Microsoft Word documents that I can e-mail to you on it, because my Pastor has been going through the whole thing over the last few months, writing papers as he covers each section of it, and he even built a scale model of it, detail-for-detail! I think the scale he used was 1 inch for 2 cubits.

He noticed interesting things like the importance of the elements (materials) used in constructing the tabernacle and even significance of colors. One example was that the posts holding up the white linen walls around the tabernacle were bronze at their base and stem, but the tip was silver. Bronze represents judgement in the OT, but silver is the metal of redemption to pay debts. So the posts which upheld the tabernacle walls represented God's perfect justice, yet was crowned with mercy (redemption). The symbolism in the tabernacle is astounding and I think my pastor has done very well in researching it, not to mention the scale model looks fabulous.

Perhaps you could send me your e-mail address over PM and I'll try to get them to you as soon as I can.

God Bless,

~Josh

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back