Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Talking monkeys

Well, if GOD is invisible, then, GOD doesn't have an image as we understand image, or at least shape is not what GOD was speaking of........
Indeed..."God's image" doesn't make sense as a physical description. However, this has little to do with the point at hand, doesn't it?

jwu said:
Well, if GOD is invisible, then, GOD doesn't have an image as we understand image, or at least shape is not what GOD was speaking of........
Indeed..."God's image" doesn't make sense as a physical description. However, this has little to do with the point at hand, doesn't it?

Well, in a way it does. I talk to GOD though HE has no shape; however, I don't speak to monkeys, unless you mean the human kind. And even then I tire of that sort very fast indeed.......

What do you mean by this? I still don't see the relevance (and besides, it was about dolphins).
You're not making any sense to me.

Nipper rarely makes any sense - but look at Heidi, this girls a phenomenon! Amazing, incredible - didn't know someone can get that low as to lying themselves to keep their pride, when they have been proved wrong for years!

jwu said:
What do you mean by this? I still don't see the relevance (and besides, it was about dolphins).

I make as much sense as does the THEORY of evolution. Do find yourself often having conversations with dolphins often? I would think that all they'd talk about are fish tales...

Do you find a Chinese-only speaker talk to Polish-only speaker on a daily basis? No, you don't.

The problem we can't communicate with dolphins is beause first: we don't know their language, second: their language is much more advanced phonetically than our languages, third: dolphins are incapable of pronouncing our sounds just like we are incapable of pronouncing theirs, they have no hands so they can't be taught like monkeys.

Theory of evolution makes sense to people who understand it. Look at Heidi, several years and she still doesn't grasp this, you're probably the same. All is left is to pity you both.

LittleNipper said:
jwu said:

I make as much sense as does the THEORY of evolution. Do find yourself often having conversations with dolphins often? I would think that all they'd talk about are fish tales...

Actually no, it doesn't. I can't follow your connections where being made in God's image is a pre-requisite for...speech? Was that what you were trying to explain?

Oh and the theory of evolution makes about the same amount of sense as the theory of gravity.

The Bible says that all of nature sings of His glory.

BTW gorillas can form whole sentances in Sign language, plus make up their own signs for objects in which they have not been taught what that objects sign is. This is not evidence that apes are almost human. It is evidence that we have a creator who wants us to learn, and to teach. Even though I do not believe that animals have souls, we are told to preach to every creature... :P

LittleNipper said:
jwu said:

We simply don't know what they talk about because we don't understand them - all we know is that there is some sort of language.

However, you still don't get the meaning of the word "theory" in the scientific sense. Theory is as good as it gets, But then again, based on your record on CF.com this doesn't surprise me.

Since this is another topic, I am going to post this really quick, then make a new thread for this in the theological discussions.

If it is true that animals, and everything have souls, then can they reject Christ/God also?

I don't understand why it would matter - technically Christianity is a Judaism shootoff, a sect, with currupted teachings. Just like Jews didn't teach idol worship (which worshipping Jesus is, that's blasphemy for Jews), same Christians do not teach in animals having a soul.

LittleNipper said:
KaerbEmEvig said:
It has been proven that bottlenose dolphins use names to call amongst one another, they have diffrent dialects and so on. Dolphins are as intelligent as humans. :wink:

But, do they talk about GOD?

Maybe that's not a sign of intelligence?

Back