Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Teachers sleeping with kids?

It seems to be on the news all the time. Has this always been a problem and now it gets more media attention? Or do you think the problem itself has gotten more common?

Back in the day, while it happened teachers knew it was wrong and an abuse of their position.
Today it's if it feels good do it, with the rejection of Christian morality anything goes.

I guess these days it ends with criminal charges
It probably did then .
Yeah - but only if it was a male teacher and a female student. Other way around? Not so much. In the 1980s several cases came to light (after decades of male teachers getting hung out to dry) and the women got a slap on the wrist, even if they got pregnant from their male students. (who were hailed as heroes; especially if the teacher was attractive) A small fine, maybe a jail sentence of a couple months served during summer vacation, and usually transferred to another school system.

A male teacher could spend up to 10 years behind bars, and have all his teaching credentials revoked for life. It was Statutory Rape even if it was the girl who seduced him.

Yeah - but only if it was a male teacher and a female student. Other way around? Not so much. In the 1980s several cases came to light (after decades of male teachers getting hung out to dry) and the women got a slap on the wrist, even if they got pregnant from their male students. (who were hailed as heroes; especially if the teacher was attractive) A small fine, maybe a jail sentence of a couple months served during summer vacation, and usually transferred to another school system.

A male teacher could spend up to 10 years behind bars, and have all his teaching credentials revoked for life. It was Statutory Rape even if it was the girl who seduced him.
Florida law allows alot more.

Consent can be at 16.

I had a old cop that retired tell me in a rant that was the case .let's just say kids who at 12 having the strength of a adult ,weighing 200 lbs and no fat ,commit a serious crime shouldn't be tried as a minor .

I used to grapple a kid that was like that and his mind was weak but I had no choice to go that way .to strong so I would use some pain influence (rake) to get a submission I wasnt a jerk but at my age if I had to fight him .I would simply shoot him now he is even bigger.

Jasonc, a lot of laws have changed in the last 10-20 years. Now the penalties for women teachers are similar to that of male teachers; (should have been all along) and yes, the age of consent has gone back down in many states.

Jasonc, a lot of laws have changed in the last 10-20 years. Now the penalties for women teachers are similar to that of male teachers; (should have been all along) and yes, the age of consent has gone back down in many states.
Irc Florida never changed it

well, when a woman spends time around people- of fertile age- regardless of specific age
and- same goes for a man around any female of fertile age, then its only a matter of time before sexual tension or an emotional bond will form, when i was 10 i had a 24yo teacher who was attempting to flirt with me, and im quite sure she would have gone all the way- forgive me for saying this, but i think if it had happened, it would have been a better first time, than what then ended up later becoming my first time

she absolutely hated me. but the truth of hate and love being same emotion but different polarity proved itself on that day

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I’m against victimization but I’m kind of worried that jail and prison are becoming the official solutions to all sorts of behaviors many of which I think 🤔 society once somehow dealt with other ways…

I had a teacher in middle school that was very beautiful. Several of the guys in the class would hit on her. The whole concept of sleeping with a teacher never seemed to happen though. If it did, I never heard about it.

It seems to be on the news all the time. Has this always been a problem and now it gets more media attention? Or do you think the problem itself has gotten more common?

Yeah, they had a pretty big problem with it down here a few years ago. Good looking High School girls (and lots of them) who are not above getting a grade the easy way. It's a shame to watch a man kinda throw his life away like that, cuz one or two of them had reputations for being very good teachers. But I suppose maybe they should have counted the cost before they took that kind of job.

I personally think it's worse than ever because sexual morality and morals in general continue to be increasingly in decline, as they have been since the 70s.

Last edited:
I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Obviously immoral. Some cases seem especially harmful and criminal charges seem appropriate. Other cases…? I’m not so sure honestly. The teachers shouldn’t teach anywhere ever again. But jail time and often a lifetime on the sex offender registry? Seems too draconian…

Back