Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Teaching Creationism in Christian schools

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kathi

should way out, weird and wacky pseudo/phony non science and nonsense, posing in the guise of genuine science and giving science a bad reputation be taught in Christian schools in preference to Creationism - twinc

This topic was brought up in the Science thread which I do not have permission to post in.
I think that only Creationism should be taught in Christian schools.When a parent is paying money to send their child to a Christian school they should have a Christian curriculum .It is too bad that non christian schools can't teach Creationism along with whatever secular stuff they are teaching now.When I was going to schools many ,many moons ago they tought the evolution stuff.It was so confusing for me.

I think they should both be taught or neither of them should be taught because they are both unproven theories scientifically speaking. Either let the students decide for themselves or don't favor one over the other.

I think they should both be taught or neither of them should be taught because they are both unproven theories scientifically speaking. Either let the students decide for themselves or don't favor one over the other.
If the schools are going to teach evolution then they should teach Creationsim.But 99% of the teachers in our world would never go for that.My daughter once did a paper and it had a Christian theme in a secular College.You would not believe the terrible time she gave me daughter.Writing very inappropriate comments all over the page.

I agree that neither are science as well origins isn't exactly testable, and ones world view is going to have a bias on that. i do agree with Andrew mason.

Nope. The theory of evolution is proven (in scientific terms) quite well. Because that's part of what the word "theory" means in science.
And creationism does not even remotely fulfil the criteria for being a theory.

should way out, weird and wacky pseudo/phony non science and nonsense, posing in the guise of genuine science and giving science a bad reputation be taught in Christian schools in preference to Creationism - twinc

This topic was brought up in the Science thread which I do not have permission to post in.
I think that only Creationism should be taught in Christian schools.When a parent is paying money to send their child to a Christian school they should have a Christian curriculum .It is too bad that non christian schools can't teach Creationism along with whatever secular stuff they are teaching now.When I was going to schools many ,many moons ago they tought the evolution stuff.It was so confusing for me.

Any school needs to prepare kids for their future careers, and that may include an academic career. So they have to teach them science.
Creationism is pseudoscience. Why does a "Christian curriculum" have to include pseudoscience?
Sorry to hear it was confusing for you but that is no argumentation at all. Others may find creationism confusing.

I think one of the problems with teaching evolution is that it isn't taught as though it is a "theory" most of the time it is taught as fact.
Christian schools can teach whatever they choose. If a parent isn't satisfied they don't have to send their child there.
Any school needs to prepare kids for their future careers, and that may include an academic career. So they have to teach them science.
Creationism is pseudoscience. Why does a "Christian curriculum" have to include pseudoscience?
Sorry to hear it was confusing for you but that is no argumentation at all. Others may find creationism confusing.
Creationism is Not pseudoscience. Creationism is believed based on faith, not science. At least that is why I believe.

Nope. The theory of evolution is proven (in scientific terms) quite well. Because that's part of what the word "theory" means in science.
And creationism does not even remotely fulfil the criteria for being a theory.

Scientific conclusions are observable. The Law of Gravity is observable. Theories are not. Macro-evolution is not observable since it supposedly happened over "millions of years."

There is no observable science that proves there is a monkey in my family tree. To state that it's a scientific fact that macro-evolution has occurred (meaning that a species can morph into an entirely different species) is irresponsible.

For me, evolution is anti-Christian propaganda that was rooted in a bias to disprove the Bible. Believing there is a monkey in my genealogy requires more faith than believing that an Intelligent Designer's hand guided the origins of creation.

so you don't think that any creationist should be allowed to work for in any field of study they have degrees in? if so then don't visit my country. I know on nuclear engineer who is yec and inspects our nuke plants.

or how about the mri?

it was first proposed by this man and later on perfected by others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Vahan_Damadian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_resonance_imaging

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back