Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Temple of God

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
TEMPLE - Hebrew (heykal) large public building
Greek (hieron) a sacred place, to dwell

Temple is one of literal and Spiritual as one is an actual building and the other a Spiritual housing of the Holy Spirit dwelling in our soul. Church is not four walls, but that of a gathering of Gods people who are gathered in the name of Jesus for lifting up and edifying one another through the teachings of Gods word. It is the members that make up the body of Christ as when two or more are gathered in his name there he will be in the midst of them whether it be in a protective building or outside in the bright sunshine or cover of night.

Another temple is our soul where the Holy Spirit dwells. Our fleshly body is not the temple of God as many teach, but we should try to keep our bodies healthy to be able to finish the race set before us so we do not leave this earth before our due time of leaving. Our body is carnal (flesh) and God is Spirit. Our bodies came from the dust and will return to the dust. It is our soul or spirit that is the temple of God as God can not see our flesh because of the sin nature in us, but only knows those that are his through the intent of their hearts. God is a Spirit and must be worshiped in Spirit and truth as all things of God are Spiritual.

Flesh and Spirit are enmity against each other and war daily. Another word for enmity is a hostile enemy. Flesh and Spirit can not mix nor can flesh inherit the kingdom of God. Flesh will die, but Spirit lives forever. Sin has no domain over you for we are not under the law, but under grace which is Jesus that has fulfilled the law in his life, death and resurrection and has redeemed us from the bondage or curse of the law that therefore is now no more condemnation on those who are of the Lord as the law in itself had no saving provisions.

The spirit is strong, but the flesh is weak therefore we have no confidence in the flesh. The temple of God needs to be pleasing to the father, but not by mans standards or condemnations they like to place on others, but that of a God that helps us pass through the refiners fire to be made pure in his eyes. If the temple be tainted then it is no longer Gods temple, but that of a carnal dwelling.
(John 4:24; Genesis 3:19; 1 Corinthians 15:50; Galatians 5:17; Romans 8:5-8; Romans 6:14; Matthew 26:41; Philippians 3:3)

What defiles the temple of God is what comes out of our mouth for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak. The Holy Spirit dwells in your soul not in your flesh. We can not judge a man by what goes into his mouth, but can only judge the fruits that come out of his mouth as he speaks for words have power to edify or destroy. It is not what we put in our bodies that can cause us to sin, but how much we sin in speech and action for how much we do indulge in what we put in our bodies. If what you partake of causes sin to be found in the eyes of God then it is best to abstain from what is causing you to sin.

This is how God judges our heart by the words we speak. When we gossip, backbite and speak words in anger this brings condemnation on our own selves as when the words leave your mouth they are sent out for that which you wanted accomplished and you can not take words back once they are spoken. Our words can edify and lift up another, or they can completely destroy another person’s life. It is best if we would think before we speak so we will always be pleasing to the Father.
(Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 15:10-20; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 6:14-18, Mark 16:17-18; Romans 14:10-14; Matthew 12:34)

God promises us health if we incline our ears to his word and never let his words depart from us. Gods’ word is for instruction in our life and how we should live life here on this earth by his standards and not the standards of others. No one can tell you what you can and can not do as this is judgmental condemnation by ones own thoughts and views and places others into bondage, but only God can lead our path when we keep focused on that straight and narrow path placed before us as we display good fruits that are pleasing to the Father.
(Proverbs 4:20-27)

Gods Kingdom is within the hearts of all his children that have been called by his name and have answered his call to be that of a faithful servant that walks that straight and narrow path set before us. We will face many trials, temptations and tribulations along the way as Satan will try everything he can to steal the word from us and cause us to lose faith, but as long as we keep our eye on the prize of winning many souls back to the grace of God we will run the race set before us knowing that it is not us doing the work, but the Holy Spirit working through us to be an overcomer so we will always be pleasing to the father bring glory and honor to his name.

What a day of rejoicing it will be when we lay those crowns down before the feet of Jesus knowing we have done all we could do to further the Kingdom of God in the hearts of others here on earth. Crowns, rewards and the temple is all Gods because all that is good and all that is righteous belongs to the Lord for he created it all for his good pleasure.
(Revelation 2:26; 5:9-14)

TEMPLE - Hebrew (heykal) large public building
Greek (hieron) a sacred place, to dwell

Temple is one of literal and Spiritual as one is an actual building and the other a Spiritual housing of the Holy Spirit dwelling in our soul. Church is not four walls, but that of a gathering of Gods people who are gathered in the name of Jesus for lifting up and edifying one another through the teachings of Gods word. It is the members that make up the body of Christ as when two or more are gathered in his name there he will be in the midst of them whether it be in a protective building or outside in the bright sunshine or cover of night.

Another temple is our soul where the Holy Spirit dwells. Our fleshly body is not the temple of God as many teach, but we should try to keep our bodies healthy to be able to finish the race set before us so we do not leave this earth before our due time of leaving. Our body is carnal (flesh) and God is Spirit. Our bodies came from the dust and will return to the dust. It is our soul or spirit that is the temple of God as God can not see our flesh because of the sin nature in us, but only knows those that are his through the intent of their hearts. God is a Spirit and must be worshiped in Spirit and truth as all things of God are Spiritual.

Flesh and Spirit are enmity against each other and war daily. Another word for enmity is a hostile enemy. Flesh and Spirit can not mix nor can flesh inherit the kingdom of God. Flesh will die, but Spirit lives forever. Sin has no domain over you for we are not under the law, but under grace which is Jesus that has fulfilled the law in his life, death and resurrection and has redeemed us from the bondage or curse of the law that therefore is now no more condemnation on those who are of the Lord as the law in itself had no saving provisions.

The spirit is strong, but the flesh is weak therefore we have no confidence in the flesh. The temple of God needs to be pleasing to the father, but not by mans standards or condemnations they like to place on others, but that of a God that helps us pass through the refiners fire to be made pure in his eyes. If the temple be tainted then it is no longer Gods temple, but that of a carnal dwelling.
(John 4:24; Genesis 3:19; 1 Corinthians 15:50; Galatians 5:17; Romans 8:5-8; Romans 6:14; Matthew 26:41; Philippians 3:3)

What defiles the temple of God is what comes out of our mouth for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak. The Holy Spirit dwells in your soul not in your flesh. We can not judge a man by what goes into his mouth, but can only judge the fruits that come out of his mouth as he speaks for words have power to edify or destroy. It is not what we put in our bodies that can cause us to sin, but how much we sin in speech and action for how much we do indulge in what we put in our bodies. If what you partake of causes sin to be found in the eyes of God then it is best to abstain from what is causing you to sin.

This is how God judges our heart by the words we speak. When we gossip, backbite and speak words in anger this brings condemnation on our own selves as when the words leave your mouth they are sent out for that which you wanted accomplished and you can not take words back once they are spoken. Our words can edify and lift up another, or they can completely destroy another person’s life. It is best if we would think before we speak so we will always be pleasing to the Father.
(Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 15:10-20; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 6:14-18, Mark 16:17-18; Romans 14:10-14; Matthew 12:34)

God promises us health if we incline our ears to his word and never let his words depart from us. Gods’ word is for instruction in our life and how we should live life here on this earth by his standards and not the standards of others. No one can tell you what you can and can not do as this is judgmental condemnation by ones own thoughts and views and places others into bondage, but only God can lead our path when we keep focused on that straight and narrow path placed before us as we display good fruits that are pleasing to the Father.
(Proverbs 4:20-27)

Gods Kingdom is within the hearts of all his children that have been called by his name and have answered his call to be that of a faithful servant that walks that straight and narrow path set before us. We will face many trials, temptations and tribulations along the way as Satan will try everything he can to steal the word from us and cause us to lose faith, but as long as we keep our eye on the prize of winning many souls back to the grace of God we will run the race set before us knowing that it is not us doing the work, but the Holy Spirit working through us to be an overcomer so we will always be pleasing to the father bring glory and honor to his name.

What a day of rejoicing it will be when we lay those crowns down before the feet of Jesus knowing we have done all we could do to further the Kingdom of God in the hearts of others here on earth. Crowns, rewards and the temple is all Gods because all that is good and all that is righteous belongs to the Lord for he created it all for his good pleasure.
(Revelation 2:26; 5:9-14)
My "soul" is in my "body", making both the sanctified temple of God.

My "soul" is in my "body", making both the sanctified temple of God.
1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Cor 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

It is the breath of God breathed in me that made me a living soul as His Holy Spirit dwells in my spirit where His temple resides.

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

The soul makes up the conscious part of ones being is that of thought, action and emotion.

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Cor 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
It is the breath of God breathed in me that made me a living soul as His Holy Spirit dwells in my spirit where His temple resides.
Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

The soul makes up the conscious part of ones being is that of thought, action and emotion.
And a holy vessel carries it.

We will work through all this. We will to see the truth.

Take this following description as a comment to be thought about, and not debated right now,
………….
The heart is desperately wicked. Not stone but made flesh. The flesh fights against the spirit of the mind.

The spirit of our mind serves God.
…………..
In us the battle rages.

It is not yet time to finish the whole description. And in this thread is not the place to do it.

This thread is already describing physical areas of;
Flesh
Soul ( mind, will, emotions )

Differing levels of comprehension.
The seed is the Word of God
The ground is men’s hearts

We see through a glass darkly.

Let the light shine in God.

eddif

Will God reside in a polluted temple?
I don't think so.
Jesus made an appearance in the polluted physical temple in his lifetime. The problem lay in the timing when you talk of (residing).
No one seemed to be grieving over their sins but practicing openly sin in the temple.

Do not add to the words of God by the implication that:
( if you are a sinner you will never come in contact with God).
But;
If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ( From memory)
So
Our initial state can be changed and he can abide in us.
It says this happens how?:

If WE will confess our sins.
Then HE will forgive and cleanse.

Who takes care of the work? Jesus does. This is the New Covenant, new and better way. This is the Good News of the Gospel.

eddif

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Any man has a chance:
Sinner, man, woman, Jew, Gentile, bond, free.

For_His_Glory said:
“No, this thread I started is about the temple of God within us as per the OP. It has nothing to do with a literal Temple made by hands.”

The Mississippi redneck agrees.

eddif

The heart is desperately wicked. Not stone but made flesh. The flesh fights against the spirit of the mind.

The spirit of our mind serves God.
…………..
In us the battle rages.
Nothing IMO to be debated here.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Jesus made an appearance in the polluted physical temple in his lifetime. The problem lay in the timing when you talk of (residing).
Jesus did make an appearance, but didn't stay.
No one seemed to be grieving over their sins but practicing openly sin in the temple.
If the grief was true, it would cause them not to sin again.
Do not add to the words of God by the implication that:
( if you are a sinner you will never come in contact with God).
I don't need to.
It is written..."Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth." (John 9:31)
And..."For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil." (1 Peter 3:12)
But;
If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ( From memory)
So
Our initial state can be changed and he can abide in us.
Thanks be to God !
It says this happens how?:
If WE will confess our sins.
Then HE will forgive and cleanse.
Who takes care of the work? Jesus does. This is the New Covenant, new and better way. This is the Good News of the Gospel.
I couldn't agree more.
But a true turn from sin is the basis for His actions on our part.
Don't you agree?

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Any man has a chance:
Sinner, man, woman, Jew, Gentile, bond, free.

For_His_Glory said:
“No, this thread I started is about the temple of God within us as per the OP. It has nothing to do with a literal Temple made by hands.”
The Mississippi redneck agrees.
eddif
All men get a chance to serve God.
All who serve God can serve no other master.
In fact, Jesus says those who try to serve two masters, (God, or sin in this case), love one and hate the other. (Matt 6:24)
Who do we love and who do we hate?
Our actions show it.
Don't they?

Nothing IMO to be debated here.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Thank God we can be reborn with a new heart.
Thank God for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus that frees us from the law of sin and death. (Rom 8:2)
Thank God we can be delivered from the body of death by Rom 6:6..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
Thank God for rebirth from God's seed.

Does God's Spirit dwell in our flesh, or in our spirit? Is it our flesh that will be caught up to Him or is it our spirit?
Both, as my spirit is in my skin and bones.
We shall be changed at out resurrection at the return of Christ.
The vessel fades away, but as it is God's temple here on earth now, it is a sanctified, holy thing.
Don't you agree?

Both, as my spirit is in my skin and bones.
We shall be changed at out resurrection at the return of Christ.
The vessel fades away, but as it is God's temple here on earth now, it is a sanctified, holy thing.
Don't you agree?
No, I do not agree. Go dig up the graves of those of faith who have been dead for centuries rotting in the ground. Do you think they still have skin and bones?

1Co 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
1Co 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Here dust + breath/spirit from God = a living soul. When the flesh dies physically it returns back to the dust of the ground and our spirit is preserved with God for final judgment.

Those who died that are in Christ will be raised with new glorified bodies, not the same bodies we have now as God is not going to reknit the flesh that perishes.​

Last edited:
Back