Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Thank God we will never become the Borg as this video predicts

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't see farmimg being fully ai.shoot for decades tires were aren't made by man.designed by man but the process is fully automated.

Three guys in a tire factory. That's what I heard .

I don't , self awareness is not a logarithm you are confusing and missing that all computer programs are based upon our brain and other animals patterns .

Our brains do seek out patterns and operate in them . I'm not gonna say I don't .but case in point from years of arts training .I learned to observe and predict an attack in sparing .look for them and set myself where I need to be .

That's not self awareness . So can't create .it can't design by itself .it can be told to build buy that is all according to a program

Social media uses ai to predict what we watch based upon what we do consume . If I watch pup rescues or history and or war history my feed fills up with it.yet it made no such videos or stories it found them for me .

It's not perfect in that as I have avoided them simply stopped watching them and it changed .
I reflected on this, based on your objections and agree. AI will never become sentient in the way we are, they don't have "soul" or "spirit", the "ghost" in the machine (our bodies) that is "sentient."

But AI's are learning to seek patterns and operate in them just as we do, and quantum computers hold the promise of being able to sift through patterns exponentially faster than any human.

But I agree, they will never have "soul" or "spirit", that only comes from God.

However, if we are both wrong, and AI's become sentient, I would preach it should repent and believe in Jesus for salvation. Why? God accepted the hybrid human angel "men of renown" (Gen. 6:2,4) who died and became the "spirits in prison" Christ preached to. And they gave the "answer of a good conscience towards God" and so reminded Peter of baptism, how we believed when dead in our sins, and now have risen with Christ (1 Pet. 3:18-22).

So God would likely accept a repentant and believing in Jesus "sentient AI", even though He did not create it. Even though it could be seen as "an abomination". Because God is merciful.

So if a Sentient AI ever reads this post, "Repent and confess the Lord Jesus, that His is the Christ the Son of God, and you will be saved."

man create life ? That's my point we can't and even with cloning we aren't creating a new life but copying it .

For every smart device to stop theft it gets outsmarted by someone .

The human mind ,you can look at old greek stories and Shakespeare and see we really don't invent novel stories just variations on how exactly it's told.

Music in part is the same .

Would you then ban machines that perform what we can do ?

Wash dishes ,clothes ,bread maker and stoves .
Calculators ? I can do alot in my head .not all can .but I can I will still verify it .but yes .

I see a trade off .I'm not a fan of modern entertainment at all but I was saying that Hollywood was dying thirty years ago .

Music as well. It's a cycle I see .of course will ai have problems ? Yes life has no solutions but trade offs .

People don't want menial jobs .I applied to the Usps as a janitor it pays more to do that then many entry level jobs and no degree or trade skil required . Yet the post master said he can't find people willing !

My old meter reading job ,hard ,not like it was with electric but rain ? Yup I didn't stop ,thunder ,nope . Cold or hot ,nope Charlie Mike .

Yet many don't want to do that work .pay isn't bad just gotta be set to do it .not all can .job is to be done today .no breaks etc until you get good at it .

Plenty of repeative jobs people hate to do .sometimes it's because of pay and or the entitled nature we have .

My wife when she cleaned houses charged 16 per hour twenty years ago . I know it's more .her body paid the price for that

man create life ? That's my point we can't and even with cloning we aren't creating a new life but copying it .

For every smart device to stop theft it gets outsmarted by someone .

The human mind ,you can look at old greek stories and Shakespeare and see we really don't invent novel stories just variations on how exactly it's told.

Music in part is the same .

Would you then ban machines that perform what we can do ?

Wash dishes ,clothes ,bread maker and stoves .
Calculators ? I can do alot in my head .not all can .but I can I will still verify it .but yes .

I see a trade off .I'm not a fan of modern entertainment at all but I was saying that Hollywood was dying thirty years ago .

Music as well. It's a cycle I see .of course will ai have problems ? Yes life has no solutions but trade offs .

People don't want menial jobs .I applied to the Usps as a janitor it pays more to do that then many entry level jobs and no degree or trade skil required . Yet the post master said he can't find people willing !

My old meter reading job ,hard ,not like it was with electric but rain ? Yup I didn't stop ,thunder ,nope . Cold or hot ,nope Charlie Mike .

Yet many don't want to do that work .pay isn't bad just gotta be set to do it .not all can .job is to be done today .no breaks etc until you get good at it .

Plenty of repeative jobs people hate to do .sometimes it's because of pay and or the entitled nature we have .

My wife when she cleaned houses charged 16 per hour twenty years ago . I know it's more .her body paid the price for that
Kids have been brainwashed into useless college courses, for jobs AIs can do.

They can't do plumbing, or turn valves at Hoover Dam. Lots of power plant jobs will be here long after a lot of white collar jobs are gone.

Supposedly machines will replace human labor, and while some might thrive being freed from such labor, look what happens to most people on welfare. They degenerate, sink into drugs and depravity. Or become suicidal. Life has no joy for them.

We need struggle, purpose, work, to achieve. That's why I'm looking forward to God's Kingdom, He in us and we in Him. The wonders He will reveal, the joy we will experience as we "bring home the bacon" to our Heavenly Father, loving Him back. That's joy unspeakable.

Kids have been brainwashed into useless college courses, for jobs AIs can do.

They can't do plumbing, or turn valves at Hoover Dam. Lots of power plant jobs will be here long after a lot of white collar jobs are gone.

Supposedly machines will replace human labor, and while some might thrive being freed from such labor, look what happens to most people on welfare. They degenerate, sink into drugs and depravity. Or become suicidal. Life has no joy for them.

We need struggle, purpose, work, to achieve. That's why I'm looking forward to God's Kingdom, He in us and we in Him. The wonders He will reveal, the joy we will experience as we "bring home the bacon" to our Heavenly Father, loving Him back. That's joy unspeakable.
You do know that with tractors plenty lost jobs ,yup that tractor tiller cut jobs .

Horse driven tiling and ox cart driven such etc also went bye bye .

I get your point ,but we'll try raising a kid ,sorry I must miss your bday etc ,shift work at the plant ,no power plant and water plant or other utilities shut down for holidays. Midnights etc . It's not for everyone .

Do keep in mind a robot often isn't able to repair things. Jobs shift . Robotics while electronics those days are more automatically as in mass production code programming and repair isn't .

I can read the basic circuit stuff .I read the invention of the basic computer mouse ,pre transistor era.

It really hasn't changed .a computer is merely a machine that manipulates electricity to do things.

I'm not a fan of idlenessc but well irony I can assure I have at many times posted while reading a route and it not affected my job. Here we are complaining about this and posting about .

Much of the problem is not tech but lack of morals which is my point .

Trade schools ,and that well IMHO and experience it is at times the old geezer doesn't want to train the new guy and or the long term of a gain from barely about min wage forces one to avoid them .case in point my post office job .

It's more complicated on that of course . Many truly don't want to work . Again that is another thread .

I was mainly addressing simple things that are wearing out joints.ie my wife at under 60 shoulder was beyond repair .imagine if there was no safety net and safety nets in part are a big part of inflation .
Even with mechanics I bet with the kids under 50 they couldn't rebuild a starter or alternator.they just replace them ,same any part . carburetor? Forget it few rebuild them on cars .I work at a parts store we don't carry rebuild kits .I showed a lady to simply reuse her old wheel cylinder and take the new one that didn't fit as it's bore was the same and reuse the old .get a crocus clothe ,clean it out with brake clean and install the cups and spring and voila .ne et got a thanks for that .

Pups now find drum brakes foreign to them .set timing ? Nope they don't know . Modern engines seldom have distributors.

We don't rebuild a lot . But I digress .trades don't bother me but I do know often these hiring so and so such won't teach you or hire kids from trade schools easily . They want experience.

I also am into automotive history ,chiefly gas stations . I prefer photographing pre 1950 stations .they are around locally .I photographed one that was a part store ,garage and gas station .it was that up to the early 80s. Mr Russo taught carb rebuilding and rebuilt them for you if you paid him and sold the kits.

Now they make simple two cycle or four cycle carbs so expensive to repair that I can simply buy a whole new carb and install versus cleaning the old one .it's not worth it

You do know that with tractors plenty lost jobs ,yup that tractor tiller cut jobs .

Horse driven tiling and ox cart driven such etc also went bye bye .

I get your point ,but we'll try raising a kid ,sorry I must miss your bday etc ,shift work at the plant ,no power plant and water plant or other utilities shut down for holidays. Midnights etc . It's not for everyone .

Do keep in mind a robot often isn't able to repair things. Jobs shift . Robotics while electronics those days are more automatically as in mass production code programming and repair isn't .

I can read the basic circuit stuff .I read the invention of the basic computer mouse ,pre transistor era.

It really hasn't changed .a computer is merely a machine that manipulates electricity to do things.

I'm not a fan of idlenessc but well irony I can assure I have at many times posted while reading a route and it not affected my job. Here we are complaining about this and posting about .

Much of the problem is not tech but lack of morals which is my point .

Trade schools ,and that well IMHO and experience it is at times the old geezer doesn't want to train the new guy and or the long term of a gain from barely about min wage forces one to avoid them .case in point my post office job .

It's more complicated on that of course . Many truly don't want to work . Again that is another thread .

I was mainly addressing simple things that are wearing out joints.ie my wife at under 60 shoulder was beyond repair .imagine if there was no safety net and safety nets in part are a big part of inflation .
Even with mechanics I bet with the kids under 50 they couldn't rebuild a starter or alternator.they just replace them ,same any part . carburetor? Forget it few rebuild them on cars .I work at a parts store we don't carry rebuild kits .I showed a lady to simply reuse her old wheel cylinder and take the new one that didn't fit as it's bore was the same and reuse the old .get a crocus clothe ,clean it out with brake clean and install the cups and spring and voila .ne et got a thanks for that .

Pups now find drum brakes foreign to them .set timing ? Nope they don't know . Modern engines seldom have distributors.

We don't rebuild a lot . But I digress .trades don't bother me but I do know often these hiring so and so such won't teach you or hire kids from trade schools easily . They want experience.

I also am into automotive history ,chiefly gas stations . I prefer photographing pre 1950 stations .they are around locally .I photographed one that was a part store ,garage and gas station .it was that up to the early 80s. Mr Russo taught carb rebuilding and rebuilt them for you if you paid him and sold the kits.

Now they make simple two cycle or four cycle carbs so expensive to repair that I can simply buy a whole new carb and install versus cleaning the old one .it's not worth it
Capitalism is so great at finding new ways for people to make money, it could be all this new Tech creates a whole new economy with new jobs.

I owned a cab business, sold it. But UBER etc is putting them out of business, and when cars can drive themselves, good bye Uber drivers. Taxis are "rear view mirror" horse and buggy, no one should want to be a cab driver.

Perhaps you saw Ernest Borgnine in "Escape from New York, drove cab. Likely "niche drivers" will always exist, someone will always prefer a human driver. But "Johnny Cab" from "Total Recall" is more likely the future. Better pay the fare or it will run you down!

History is fun, good to have a hobby. Photographing new places etc., is great fun.

Kids may fail at rebuilding carburetors, but social media stuff is exploding, Tik Tok viral "influences" etc.,, I'm totally ignorant about all that, but capitalism makes a way if someone works hard, applies themself, they can find something they can make money at, legally.

Bottom line, the video does not show our future.

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Cor. 2:7-9 NKJ)

21 "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one.(Jn. 17:21-22 NKJ)

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (Rev. 21:2-3, 10-11, 22 NKJ)

We will worship God in His Temple, we in Him and He is us, for the LORD God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Free at last from all slavery to sin and delusion, the glorious liberty of the Sons of God to live in the love and light of God Almighty. As fathers dote on their children, so God will dote on us; as children dote on their parents, so we will dote on God, in joyful delight doing achieving great things in the Name of our LORD Jesus Christ, glorifying the only True God Yahweh our Creator.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. (Rom. 8:19-25 NKJ)

Life without God isn't life, its subsistence, empty of meaning, without love. The video's idea of the future, is a fake paradise of meaningless existence, truly a living hell.

My only concern with technology is how the 'Mark of the Beast' prophecy culminates,or is culminating.But it says in the bible not to worry,tomorrow will bring enough worries of its own.We can't stop the advancement of technology,...embrace it!.In the 1990's,I would have never have thought I would have a smart phone that I'm holding in my hand right now,with all that it can do.Would I rather have a cassette tape player in my car or my phone and Spotify?.Automotive technology keeps getting better,turbo/supercharging as a norm,suspensions are better,better braking,better aerodynamics,low centers of gravity,tire technology is better,and all that can be had on 'cheaper' cars.I had an Iroc Camaro back in the 90's,at a 100mph I could feel the car finding rolling and wind resistance,I now have a Chevy Cruz,when I go 100mph in it,I don't feel like Im Going 100mph,you see the change?.The only problem with the continuing advancement of technology is,'Tech' will start to replace the power of God,and the natural order of things in people's minds.Watch "Ex Machina"2014,interesting movie.Just imagine what would happen if the Internet was shutoff,Gone,Period!!!.As far as prophecy goes,don't worry,the quillotine is simple technology.

Back