Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

That $oftware program I want so bad.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Chris.

I want Zbrush so bad and know I can crack it and have it for free in 5 min as a pirated copy.

My conscience wants me to pay the $500 asking price so its all legal.

Anyone ever been here?

The thing is I know I can make money with it but it will take a fair while to get that purchase price back. I can buy it educational discount and do some hobby things that generate a few bucks a week. My daughter is an artist still in school and would like to use it too.

View attachment 2521

http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/

Last edited by a moderator:
Take permision from God to crack that. If HE says Go Ahead, then go ahead :lol ;)

Just try and buy that...if not now later - when the dough is there.

Are there no trial versions or something similar to it???

I draw very well.

I can even use MSW to achieve what most others can't achieve with their sophisticated tools.

Zbrush is the best 3d modeller out there for sculpting. I have tried them all and I like it best. They canned the trial programs probably because everyone was cracking it.

The thing about that license is any upgrades in future you are entitled to for free, so if you buy version 4 today when versions 5,6,7 come out you get it for free because the license is perpetual.

Lol I like your first sentence though. My head when thinking about my wallet says crack it for free, but I know if I do will feel bad.

What is msw?

OK, morality and commandments (e.g. 8th ) aside, I'll bet you're using Microsoft. No, no I'm not here to bash Microsoft for the thousandth time. Of course not. :nono2

But I will say this.

1) With the digital technology out today, unless you're a computer tech wizard (I'm surely not) the software is keyed and as such has built in protection against pirated copies. Windows 98SE and earlier you could burn and put it on other people's computers (not that you were supposed to) but then with windows XP onward one could not load a burned OS and have it work on their computer. The same goes for $500 software. It has ports and back doors galore communicating out there somewhere in cyberspace and will flag a pirated copy, and at the very least, will require a code to activate it. If you put in someone else's code, their servers will realize it's already been activated and the software will not work. It's based on a combination lock principle.
2) With Microsoft doing the same thing, would you trust running a pirated copy when these scum could collect data, and under the new copyright laws can blow the whistle? This event would not be as likely as #1, but I don't trust a corporation that creates an OS to get viruses by design so that they have background control.
3) Even if you own a Mac (which this runs on as well), the same thing applies. Apple is even more stringent on the copyright rules. They are an excellent OS, albeit a "play by my rules" OS. They might be just as apt to squeal.

Pirating a $500 program is a lot to steal (back to the 8th commandment) :lol

OK, morality and commandments (e.g. 8th ) aside, I'll bet you're using Microsoft. No, no I'm not here to bash Microsoft for the thousandth time. Of course not. :nono2

But I will say this.

1) With the digital technology out today, unless you're a computer tech wizard (I'm surely not) the software is keyed and as such has built in protection against pirated copies. Windows 98SE and earlier you could burn and put it on other people's computers (not that you were supposed to) but then with windows XP onward one could not load a burned OS and have it work on their computer. The same goes for $500 software. It has ports and back doors galore communicating out there somewhere in cyberspace and will flag a pirated copy, and at the very least, will require a code to activate it. If you put in someone else's code, their servers will realize it's already been activated and the software will not work. It's based on a combination lock principle.
2) With Microsoft doing the same thing, would you trust running a pirated copy when these scum could collect data, and under the new copyright laws can blow the whistle? This event would not be as likely as #1, but I don't trust a corporation that creates an OS to get viruses by design so that they have background control.
3) Even if you own a Mac (which this runs on as well), the same thing applies. Apple is even more stringent on the copyright rules. They are an excellent OS, albeit a "play by my rules" OS. They might be just as apt to squeal.

Pirating a $500 program is a lot to steal (back to the 8th commandment) :lol
Eeek wash your mouth out! Mac only user I am. I just only use windaz if I have to in emergencies.

In 2009 I decided no more pirate ANYTHING- no exceptions and havent since then. (Oddly enough nor have I had software issues like I used to).

I think the devil has been whispering in my ear this week playing on my desires.

I have wanted this program for about 2 years. I got by on trial usages in virtual machines to try new releases. they last 30 days.

The thing is I make stuff In Second Life and sell it for real money. Now mesh has entered it and there is an opportunity to make more I cannot engage in it and it sucks. Grrr, I have time on my hands and its a gamble if you recoup the outlay. but I probably could.

I made well over the cost of the commercial license from the trials and old cracked copy from 2009 I later felt bad for that too and ended up giving the sales of those to charity and still do to make up for my crimes . I am sure they would be ok with that.

At the moment its do without and miss out or part with the cash.

Stupid conscience.

I know how tempting this is. Whatever your desires and desperation, please do not make the devil smile and make God frown.

It's possible you are going dangerously close to doing the cracking thing.

If you have a spare computer, you can run that software a billion times and format your system a billion times to use it. I use this, too. It is better than cracking the stuff.

I formatted my device about 4 days again and had to run my stuff again. They are working - but will expire soon. Maybe I should keep reformatting my thing and reinstalling the SW to make it work again.

----
I strongly believe if you search thoroughly you would find something better than that brush thing, and less expensive. That is the truth. Ask people! Meet people!

Theres no way I will pirate it. The last time i did that I found it divided me from God.

The thing is I hope that by doing the right thing there will be blessing somewhere.

I bought a student version of photoshop and replaced my pirate one with it for $150 and felt good every day since. I make money off that too. I know your not supposed to use a student copy for a very small profit but I give it to charity I dont think Adobe would care. It sure made me feel less guilt.

Theres no way I will pirate it. The last time i did that I found it divided me from God.
I'm impressed.

You can as well try the continous format thing. (an old system should do...or you could buy a cheap one) :lol
Just boring, kinda

I'm impressed.

You can as well try the continous format thing. (an old system should do...or you could buy a cheap one) :lol
Just boring, kinda
I did that a couple of times but the trial is extinct now. you had to activate it each sesion of use via web connection to Pixologic
There are only 2 options are buy or pirate.

Eeek wash your mouth out! Mac only user I am. I just only use windaz if I have to in emergencies.

In 2009 I decided no more pirate ANYTHING- no exceptions and havent since then. (Oddly enough nor have I had software issues like I used to).

I think the devil has been whispering in my ear this week playing on my desires.

I have wanted this program for about 2 years. I got by on trial usages in virtual machines to try new releases. they last 30 days.

The thing is I make stuff In Second Life and sell it for real money. Now mesh has entered it and there is an opportunity to make more I cannot engage in it and it sucks. Grrr, I have time on my hands and its a gamble if you recoup the outlay. but I probably could.

I made well over the cost of the commercial license from the trials and old cracked copy from 2009 I later felt bad for that too and ended up giving the sales of those to charity and still do to make up for my crimes . I am sure they would be ok with that.

At the moment its do without and miss out or part with the cash.

Stupid conscience.

OK. This ol' man washed his mouth out as Mac is an excellent OS. I commend you for your wise choice. But what I said still stands, as the same thing applies to Mac as with Microsoft. Just watch out for pirated copies. Now, with Linux..... that's another story. No pirates here. :lol

OK. This ol' man washed his mouth out as Mac is an excellent OS. I commend you for your wise choice. But what I said still stands, as the same thing applies to Mac as with Microsoft. Just watch out for pirated copies. Now, with Linux..... that's another story. No pirates here. :lol

You don't need to with Linux usually there is a free open source equivalent Ubuntu will install for you

What a tease this is. On the weekend I sold my outdoor spa for more than I expected. Ok I am thinking to myself I have been given provision for trying do do the right thing.

Now comes the crunch, the academic version $450 doesn't have upgrades for life.

The full version I can buy for $611 and it does.

I know how tempting this is. Whatever your desires and desperation, please do not make the devil smile and make God frown.

It's possible you are going dangerously close to doing the cracking thing.

If you have a spare computer, you can run that software a billion times and format your system a billion times to use it. I use this, too. It is better than cracking the stuff.

I formatted my device about 4 days again and had to run my stuff again. They are working - but will expire soon. Maybe I should keep reformatting my thing and reinstalling the SW to make it work again.

----
I strongly believe if you search thoroughly you would find something better than that brush thing, and less expensive. That is the truth. Ask people! Meet people!
Use VMware or parallels to create a virtual machine it is heaps easier than reformatting all the time. You create a fresh install as a snapshot

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back