Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth THE ABILITY TO SERVE GOD

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Why do you question yourself about being capable of serving God when all God wants is our availability not our ability? Anyone who has surrendered their own life to Jesus has the ability for it is in our witness of Jesus in our own lives that draws others to Gods calling.

Many feel insignificant and intimidated by those who seem to know scripture as they could never speak the word with the knowledge that others have, but this should not be anyone’s excuse. Many people can quote the whole Bible, but yet have no true understanding of what they are quoting as many Biblical teachings come by traditional interpretations instead of knowledge given by the Holy Spirit.

As a child of God what is prohibiting you from speaking to others? Could it be that you are shy in front of others or you are scared of what others would think of you? I know you are not ashamed of the Gospel or the name of Jesus, but a fear of speaking to others overwhelms you especially if they ask you questions you can not answer. I’ve been ask many questions that I could not answer, but what I do is tell those who ask that I do not know the answer, but I will look it up and get back to them and this shows others that you too are still learning as we will never exhaust Gods word as we continue to learn something new every time we study. By others asking me questions challenges me to dig even deeper into the word and I love to be challenged in this way.

There is no one greater than another in the kingdom of God as God is no respecter of person and loves all his creation with an unconditional love that allows anyone to answer his call of salvation no matter whom they may be or what they have done. We are Gods mouthpiece here on Earth and it is only by the Holy Spirit speaking through us that we can reach others just by simply giving our own testimony how we came to accept Jesus into our own lives. We all have a testimony and a personal relationship with Jesus so just start out by giving what you already know because we can never give above our own knowledge and this is where our ability becomes Gods availability.

Shalom my sister...the Lord be with you and yours...

I once met a woman who was very saddened that all she could do was pray for others....of course I told her of how wonderful a gift that is and that the fervent prayers of the righteous avail much....sometimes our service can be unnoticeable to others but in His Kingdom we cannot compare one to another for the Lord surely uses each of us where we are and through our own abilities and the talents/gifts He has provided.

That is quite right. It is all in your head. Fear is the only thing that keeps you from serving the Lord. Without the fear we would be a force for Jesus.

I sure you have heard this one but isn't it true...most of the time fear is

False Evidence Appearing Real....worry is only sufficient for the day...

Philippians 4:6....who knows that the whole of our purpose could have been just to encourage one person who God then uses to save 1000 souls and had we not been there with that one kind word or cup of cold water, precisely at the moment, all may have gone a different way.

Thats why I love serving Him....it is like life (though having trials at times) is like one great adventure....see now you did it...can't wait top see what He has in store for me today

The Lord bless

brother Paul

Last edited:
"once" ?
point is, many women, and men, feel that way. but not 'many' in number percentage of population, no. few ever care to seek God and fewer still do what He says to do to receive eternal life, or to receive righteousness, peace and joy now, today, on earth, in the body of Christ.
not being dogmatic, just providing a little background partly as i am new here (this forum, not new on earth :) ) ....
and hopefully, (do test everything as i quoted elsewhere here), a wholesome edifying (sometimes challenging) approach to get more into God's Word concerning all things (souls especially, for LIFE!) ....

that said, I often met women and men who wanted to serve God, and most 'thought' they were doing 'their fare share' or 'enough' to make it to heaven. of course, as it is written, they didn't even get in the gates yet.

some many persons are very limited in their scope of capabilities, yes. that is not a concern at all with God. He is totally aware of all of our situations, everywhere, and knew all about us (even the number of hairs on our head, and our name) before ever the world was created. (NO! we did not exist before we were given life by God when our parents conceived. but since God knows everything all the time everywhere from eternity before eternities(forever past) through eternity future, He already always knew our inclinations, our thoughts, our hopes, our joys, our sorrows, and our lives in entirety before we were yet a twinkle in our parents eye)

the limits of mankind are no limits to God - God does as He pleases, and God has provided all things concerning salvation for our lives here and earth and forever. God provides generously. One of His Names is similar to "Generous" in Scripture.

2 quick examples : the widow who put in all she had in the offering plate. and the old man in an isolated town in the mountains
in switzerland who prayed thus> "God, i want to help a Jew, but i cannot go anywhere, so please send one to me to help in your good plan." and God sent to him richard wurmbrand. (who later wrote 'tortured for Christ' and saved thousands of souls).

there are many other good examples. but even more bad ones. (sorry, but true)

a woman i once met talked of loving God, and having faith (actually believed in 'quantum faith', which apparently means things not found in Scripture, not true, and which actually she did not have),
and lamented that she could not do much even concerning housework and other chores as needed; she being well over 50 years old and somewhat weak composition like many of the elderly.... ... ...
she 'wanted' to do more, (she said) , to be helpful.... but she failed completely. (no, she didn't think she failed. she thought she had it made in the shade. but she failed completely).

she failed because she didn't trust God.

I once met a woman who was very saddened that all she could do was pray for others....of course I told her of how wonderful a gift that is and that the fervent prayers of the righteous avail much....sometimes our service can be unnoticeable to others but in His Kingdom we cannot compare one to another for the Lord surely uses each of us where we are and through our own abilities and the talents/gifts He has provided.

1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
1Co 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
1Co 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

That is quite right. It is all in your head. Fear is the only thing that keeps you from serving the Lord. Without the fear we would be a force for Jesus.

Fear is only doubt and leads to mistrusting that of God who wants to work through us. After all, it is not me, but you Lord that works through me as your Holy Spirit gives me what I need to speak to others.

"once" ?
point is, many women, and men, feel that way. but not 'many' in number percentage of population, no. few ever care to seek God and fewer still do what He says to do to receive eternal life, or to receive righteousness, peace and joy now, today, on earth, in the body of Christ.
not being dogmatic, just providing a little background partly as i am new here (this forum, not new on earth :) ) ....
and hopefully, (do test everything as i quoted elsewhere here), a wholesome edifying (sometimes challenging) approach to get more into God's Word concerning all things (souls especially, for LIFE!) ....

that said, I often met women and men who wanted to serve God, and most 'thought' they were doing 'their fare share' or 'enough' to make it to heaven. of course, as it is written, they didn't even get in the gates yet.

some many persons are very limited in their scope of capabilities, yes. that is not a concern at all with God. He is totally aware of all of our situations, everywhere, and knew all about us (even the number of hairs on our head, and our name) before ever the world was created. (NO! we did not exist before we were given life by God when our parents conceived. but since God knows everything all the time everywhere from eternity before eternities(forever past) through eternity future, He already always knew our inclinations, our thoughts, our hopes, our joys, our sorrows, and our lives in entirety before we were yet a twinkle in our parents eye)

the limits of mankind are no limits to God - God does as He pleases, and God has provided all things concerning salvation for our lives here and earth and forever. God provides generously. One of His Names is similar to "Generous" in Scripture.

2 quick examples : the widow who put in all she had in the offering plate. and the old man in an isolated town in the mountains
in switzerland who prayed thus> "God, i want to help a Jew, but i cannot go anywhere, so please send one to me to help in your good plan." and God sent to him richard wurmbrand. (who later wrote 'tortured for Christ' and saved thousands of souls).

there are many other good examples. but even more bad ones. (sorry, but true)

a woman i once met talked of loving God, and having faith (actually believed in 'quantum faith', which apparently means things not found in Scripture, not true, and which actually she did not have),
and lamented that she could not do much even concerning housework and other chores as needed; she being well over 50 years old and somewhat weak composition like many of the elderly.... ... ...
she 'wanted' to do more, (she said) , to be helpful.... but she failed completely. (no, she didn't think she failed. she thought she had it made in the shade. but she failed completely).

she failed because she didn't trust God.

We all have our limits to capability and our ability, but yet have them and God only wants our availability as we all have the ability in one form or another. It's not about how much we do, but that we do something opposed to not doing anything for the witness of the Lord. We can not out do that of what Christ already accomplished in his life, death and resurrection, but can only continue in the works he already started that he knows we are capable to do.

Back