Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Catholic Roots of Human Rights

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Cure of Ars

The Catholic Church played a big role in the development of our modern understanding of human rights. This fact has been neglected by historians but this is starting to change. Canon law and the concept of natural law set the stage for the understanding of human rights. Here is a quote from a non-Catholic Law Journal that I found. It's an interesing read.
The evolution of a language of rights is only part of the story of this first "context." By the year 1300, the jurists of the Ius commune had developed a sturdy language of rights and created a number of rights derived from natural law. During the period from 1150 to 1300, they defined the rights of property, self-defense, non-Christians, marriage, and procedure as being rooted in natural, not positive, law. By placing these rights squarely within the framework of natural law, the jurists could and did argue that these rights could not be taken away by the human prince. The prince had no jurisdiction over rights based on natural law; consequently these rights were inalienable.(16)

It is also Ironic that society is now rejecting natural law when it is the foundation of human rights.

This is what I have always said to humanists. That the humanist principles are actually Christian principles. Although I was not aware that it was Catholic-specific. I thought it was just based on Christian principles in general. Aren't they the same as Catholic principles?

The Catholic church is Satan transforming himself into an angel of light...

In reality Rome is under the power of darkness.

UNAM SANCTAM

Bull of Pope Boniface VIII promulgated November 18, 1302

Therefore, of the one and only Church there is one body and one head, not two heads like a monster; that is, Christ and the Vicar of Christ, Peter and the successor of Peter, since the Lord speaking to Peter Himself said: 'Feed my sheep' [Jn 21:17], meaning, my sheep in general, not these, nor those in particular, whence we understand that He entrusted all to him [Peter].

Therefore, if the Greeks or others should say that they are not confided to Peter and to his successors, they must confess not being the sheep of Christ, since Our Lord says in John 'there is one sheepfold and one shepherd.'

We are informed by the texts of the gospels that in this Church and in its power are two swords; namely, the spiritual and the temporal.

For when the Apostles say: 'Behold, here are two swords' [Lk 22:38] that is to say, in the Church, since the Apostles were speaking, the Lord did not reply that there were too many, but sufficient.

Certainly the one who denies that the temporal sword is in the power of Peter has not listened well to the word of the Lord commanding: 'Put up thy sword into thy scabbard' [Mt 26:52]. Both, therefore, are in the power of the Church, that is to say, the spiritual and the material sword, but the former is to be administered for the Church but the latter by the Church; the former in the hands of the priest; the latter by the hands of kings and soldiers, but at the will and sufferance of the priest".

The Inquisiton

The Inquisiton which lasted 700 years under the "vicars" of Christ shows the "freedom loving" RCC tried to crush anyone who dared disagreed with her unbiblical canons and decrees.

In 1252 a papal bull by Innocent IV authorised torture as a means of extracting confessions.

The inquistion was originally initiated by Pope Gregory IX in 1231 when he informed all the French bishops that he intended to stamp out all heresy such as, witchcraft, alchemy and deviations such as devil worship.

The RCC is a false prophet and a lying prostitute that will lie in bed with anyone to promote it's agenda...

Now that the world temporate will not tolerate practices such as the inquistiton the great whore is employing other means to promote her evil agenda...

assisi.jpg

The last pope cavorting with apostates and pagans in Assisi Italy.

What a disgrace!

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Adiana said:
This is what I have always said to humanists. That the humanist principles are actually Christian principles. Although I was not aware that it was Catholic-specific. I thought it was just based on Christian principles in general. Aren't they the same as Catholic principles?

They are the same principles but the concepts developed in the Catholic Church through canon law.

bibleberean said:
The Catholic church is Satan transforming himself into an angel of light...
whose end shall be according to their works.

Could you please troll elsewhere?

Did you notice how it is the Catholic Church that tries to reach out to other religions?

The Catholic church is a spiritual fornicator as well as a tyrant.

If she could she would supress all other religions as her bloody past attests.

Now she will lie in bed with apostates. This is not "reaching out" to save men's souls but the church playing the harlot for her own personal gain.

Prostitutes tell their clients what they want to hear for profit. The RCC is a prostitute.

In 1986 Pope met with religious leaders to call for world Peace in Assisi Italy.

Among those who were invited were, Buddhists, Hindus, North American Indians who invoked "the Great Spirit of the Sky," Shintos, Bahais, Jainists, African animists who called on "The Great Thumb," fire-worshipping Zorastrians, Sikhs, and Moslems who cried out to "Allah."

John Paul II on January 25 1986 announced how he was going to bring people together from all parts of the world to bring peace to mankind.

"‘Peace within the Church and peace with all mankind.’ The words of Pope Gregory VII are particularly appropriate in this year 1986, which the United Nations Organization has proclaimed as the International Year of Peace. ... In regard to this matter, I wish to announce on this solemn occasion that I am initiating opportune consultations with the leaders, not only of the various Christian Churches and communions, but also of the other religions of the world, to organize with them a special meeting of prayer for peace, in the city of Assisi ... The date and de tails of this meeting will be decided as soon as possible"

("Pope’s Announcement in St. Paul’s Basilica: Meeting of Prayer for Peace with all Religious Leaders," L’osservatore Romano, 10 February 1986, page 19).

BB comments:

Can you imagine Elijah calling for a "prayer of unity" with the false priests of Baal?

The mission of the church is to preach the gospel to a lost world not try to bring about world peace by fellowshipping with and supporting false religions.

1 Corinthians 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

The RCC is either murdering those who oppose it's false teaching by force of arms or through devil inspired compromise and pretentious flattery!

As long as there is breath in my body I will warn my fellow Christians about the wiles and confusing tactics of the harlot church.

The Papal love of freedom? :roll:

William Tyndale Was Burned at the Stake by Catholic Authorities for His "Crime" of Translating the Bible

"The popes of Tyndale’s day were very powerful and very wicked. Sixtus IV (1471-1484) established houses of prostitution in Rome. Innocent VIII (1484-1492) had seven illegitimate children, whom he enriched with church treasures. Alexander VI (1492-1503) lived with a Spanish lady and her daughter, and reveled in the grossest forms of debauchery. "The accounts of some of the indecent orgies that took place in the presence of the pope and [his daughter] Lucrezia are too bestial for repetition" (Kerr, pp. 228,29). He had five children, and his favorite son, Caesar Borgia, murdered his brother and his brother-in-law. "

Excerpted from Way of Life Literature

http://www.wayoflife.org/articles/williamtyndale.htm

Please read this article... It will give you a glimpse of the roots of Catholic Tyranny.

Dave... said:
Some human rights. Thanks, but no thanks. Ask the 60 million people who were murdered at the hands of the Catholic Church what they think about the Catholic human rights.

TRAIL OF BLOOD
http://users.aol.com/libcfl/trail.htm

The trail of blood is about as true as the Da Vinci code.

60 million people were not murdered. Many of the groups listed actually attacked Christians, destroyed property and rejected parts of the bible.

... next we will have the Roman Catholics like "stray"" saying that the pope never authorized the crusades! Their "human rights" record is wonderful.... only surpassed by the Muslims.

There are many popes who would have given Muhammad a run for his money in their carnal behavior.

:-?

BTW- The vast majority of baptists, baptist churches and organizations reject the "Trail of Blood", nothing more than a warping of history and many find it embarassing.

The Anabaptists came out of the 16th Century.
The Baptists came out of the 17th Century.

They used the same bibles as the Catholic Church, reading the SAME books as the Catholic Church.

The notion that they were always separate is absurd. If it were true, then they wouldn't have adopted concepts like original sin (a Catholic view). They would have a history of their own bibles and a collection of their own texts.

Gary said:
... next we will have the Roman Catholics like "stray"" saying that the pope never authorized the crusades! Their "human rights" record is wonderful.... only surpassed by the Muslims.

There are many popes who would have given Muhammad a run for his money in their carnal behavior.

Of course the Church authorized the crusades. The problem with the crusades were the individual governments taking place violating what the Church told they were allowed to do.

Are you saying the Church was wrong in stopping the Muslims from taking over the world? Are you saying the Church was wrong in allowing Christians back into the holy lands?

If you have a complaint about the Crusades, then let's talk about it.

bibleberean said:
The Papal love of freedom? :roll:

William Tyndale Was Burned at the Stake by Catholic Authorities for His "Crime" of Translating the Bible

First of all, you know he wasn't actually burned at the stake?

He was executed, then his body was burned.

Secondly, it was not for translating the bible, it was for actually for going around England spreading heretical views, which was considered a threat to their government.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will believe from whatever nutty sources they get it from.

Just read about history from any secular, third party source and you'll see that some of the stuff posted here is goofy.

"stray" between a rock and a hard place....

I guess your pope was wrong when he apologised.

The Pope delivered an emotional apology to Orthodox Christians yesterday for the Catholic plundering of Constantinople eight centuries ago, saying it caused him "pain and disgust".

He made his comments during a visit to the Vatican by Bartholomew I, the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople and the head of the world's 300 million Orthodox Christians.

The Pope talks with Bartholomew I at the Vatican yesterday
"In particular, we cannot forget what happened in the month of April 1204," the Pope said, in reference to the sacking of Constantinople by crusaders. "How can we not share, at a distance of eight centuries, the pain and disgust."

Source

Gary said:
"stray" between a rock and a hard place....

I guess your pope was wrong when he apologised.

Sure, some of the actions carried out by the European governments were very wrong. The crusaders decided to go to the rich city of Constatinople because it had more money, they took advantage of the crusades and the situation the city was in.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back