Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Christian Hypocrisy on Homosexual Marriage

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

DrFrank

Today a federal court judge handed down what can only be classified as a landmark decision ruling that the ban against homosexual marriages is a violation of the federal constitution.Most certainly this will cause many Christians to slip into a near-epileptic mode as they self-righteously condemn this biblically immoral ruling without giving even the slightest thought to the grossly immoral marital practices occurring in most of their own churches.

Since many Christians chose to deliberately ignore and/or violate Jesus' teachings on marriage,it obviously is necessary to let the Son of God to once more re-state His teaching:

Mark 10:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 So He (Jesus) said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.â€

For those who wonder just how significant this teaching is,let us again go to the Bible for insight,in this case life-saving insight:

Galatians 5:19-21 (New King James Version)

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,fornication,(sex outside of a first marriage) uncleanness, lewdness,(homosexuality) 20 idolatry,(showing more love for a husband or wife than God) sorcery, (Harry Potter witchcraft) hatred,(racial discrimination) contentions,(labor strikes) jealousies, outbursts of wrath,(common at political rallies) selfish ambitions,(dedicating one's life to corporate success) dissensions, (marital fighting )heresies,(false religious teachings) 21 envy, murders,(war) drunkenness, (and drug addiction) revelries,(Sabbath day post-game victory parties) and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that THOSE WHO PRACTICE SUCH THINGS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Sure looks like condemning homosexual marriages requires an equal condemnation of adulterous heterosexual re-marriages since BOTH prevent the chance of salvation until they end.

I think I missed the intention of your post. :) Is this meant to be another debate on marriage and divorce in the Bible? :chin

I must say I agree. I recently left a church where most of the leaders of the church participated in sex toy parties as a group and shared their experiences with each other. Those are private things that should only be discussed between husband and wife.

HOWEVER, this is not an excuse to hate a homosexual person. It is a reason to show them the love that God has for them and the love we are called to have for them, while hating the sin that they are committing. Since none of us is without sin, we need to bring these people to God without judging them and show them the grace that our Savior shows us each and every day.

EDIT: Sorry jasoncran, I saw PouringRain's post and reposted this. OOPS!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back