Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Christmas Tree

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
newy.gif

Here's Our Little Pine Tree
( Original Author Unknown )
Sung to: "I'm a Little Teapot"

Here's our little pine tree,
Tall and straight.
Let's find the things
So we can decorate.
First we want to put
A star on top!
Then we must be careful
The balls don't drop.

Hang on all the tinsel
Shiny and bright
Put on the canes
And hook them just right.
Finally put some presents
For you and for me.
And we'll be ready
With our Christmas tree.

destiny said:
What I hate is how everything is so marketed, and you feel obligated to buy for people who aren't in need of anything.
quote]

What I hate is Santa Claus :smt067 :smt068 :smt071 :smt070 :x-mas: :smt063 :smt072 .

I think I've made my point.

That's the thing about decorating Christmas trees as I get older. I find it hard to reach up high any longer to hang ornaments. My balls have been dropping for years because of this.

I forgot to mention that the christmas tree and most christmas traditions are of pagan orign.
Even the date on which Christmas is celebrated on was stolen from another religion.
Google "pagan origins of christmas" and see what you find.
Belief me it's pretty scary

I once was a pagan, and apparently Christmas comes from the pagan holiday yule.
The christmas tree represents paganism as a nature based religion.

I have no proof what came first christianity or paganism but what i do know is to two different religions an object can mean two different things.

For me a christman tree has no real meaning to me - its just pretty and thats where my pressies go.
But the angel or Star on it does represent the birth of jesus :)

babycakes said:
I once was a pagan, and apparently Christmas comes from the pagan holiday yule.
The christmas tree represents paganism as a nature based religion.

I have no proof what came first christianity or paganism but what i do know is to two different religions an object can mean two different things.

For me a christman tree has no real meaning to me - its just pretty and thats where my pressies go.
But the angel or Star on it does represent the birth of jesus :)

It's funny how many pagan holidays people think Christmas came from. These are people that clearly don't understand ancient Christianity's liturgical calender.

Christmas celebrates the date that the Word became flesh in the world. As Christianity grew, the pagan winter holidays were no more, but many of the cultural practices remained.

stray bullet said:
Christmas celebrates the date that the Word became flesh in the world.

Then we should celebrate it in september :biggrin

Preacher Boy said:
Then we should celebrate it in september :biggrin

Amen! I agree with you there.

I believe he was born on the "feast of Trumpets". Some say the feast of Tabernacles because he was tabernacled in a tent of flesh. They are only 2 weeks apart regardless so it matters not to me really if I was wrong. These feasts occur in late September-October timeframe.

I don't put up a tree or decorations of any kind since I don't consider it necessary in order to remember Jesus' birth. My church choir is working on a music program of songs that take just over 30 minutes. That is how we celebrate His birth. Was He born on December 25th? No one knows for sure, and I don't think the date is as important as remembering Him. Christmas has gotten entirely too pagan and commercial with trees, decorations, presents for everyone except the "birthday Boy", santa, reindeer, and elves. We were not told to remember His birth, but we were told to particpate in communion as a remembrance of Him in Luke 22:19 and other scripture.

Have any of you ever noticed the similarity in the name of santa and satan? Just take the "n" from the middle of santa and put it on the end, and you have satan. By the way, neither of those names warrants being capitalized in my opinion. The world removed Christ from Christmas by using an "x". I know someone said that in the Greek or something or other X mean the same thing, but how many know that? I certainly didn't until a preacher told us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back