Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The churches today agree with Bill Maher...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ribs are a reference to the parts of the Freudian/Jungian psyche.

Ribs are a reference to the parts of the Freudian/Jungian psyche [that every man who was moved by the Holy Spirit knew about and we should know that since God understood both Freud and Carl Jung, He intended to include them and all their works in the Bible when he mentioned the "rib" of the woman.]

I'm starting to understand your point. You've united these many things and do not feel that they are being conflated because of the alleged adherence to the 'spirit of truth' (so called). Why does this make sense to me?

What I am saying is that the Bible writers, understandably, couched the stories in parable or analogies which they report to us and for us today.

With that in mind, the story about Adam and Eve and the garden makes sense as an important thing for God to focus on, i.e.; how man thinks.
Essentially, Gen 2 and Gen 3 is describing the Freudian/Jungian mind that evolved after a "long sleep" or slow evolution of our present mind.

rib.JPG

The use of the simile, 'rib," is interesting in that man has seven pairs of True Ribs, (and 5 floating ribs), and also seven Freudian/Jungian Archetypes:

The trouble with your claim isn't that the bible writers couched information in Genesis. It is the "information" that you claim is there.

You keep claiming there are 7 Freudian/Jungian archetypes. That is not true. It never has been true. Why would God have the bible filled with information that is not true?

Jung's archetypes are 5: Self, Shadow, Anima, Animus, and Persona.

Now while some of theses archetypes certainly do exist in the Genesis narrative, none of them are expounded on by making false statements such as "the Hebrew word for rib really means door, therefore 7 Freudian archetypes."

Or, if I am wrong, please give us the citations in both Jung and Freud's work.

Ribs are a reference to the parts of the Freudian/Jungian psyche [that every man who was moved by the Holy Spirit knew about and we should know that since God understood both Freud and Carl Jung, He intended to include them and all their works in the Bible when he mentioned the "rib" of the woman.]

I'm starting to understand your point. You've united these many things and do not feel that they are being conflated because of the alleged adherence to the 'spirit of truth' (so called). Why does this make sense to me?

The kingdom of God is within.

The word "soul" is English for the Greek word "psyke," which is used throughout the Greek Bible.
Both words refer to the Hebrew word "nesphesh," which means mind and is often used in conjunction or synonymous with "leb," again meaning mind, translated as "heart" in the English.

Truth is supposed to make so much sense that it has always been censored and feared.

The reason Truth makes sense is because Truth is already inside you/me/the elect.
Truth is an "archetype within, too.
Truth judges among the other "gods" or Freudian forces which tend to rely upon one specific Dominant and a Auxiliary, together, forming the unique personality perspective among the twelve possible.

Truth has been imaged inside man by the experiences of the whole species over millions of years, perhaps.

Jung called this phylogenetic force inside us the Unconscious mind:

Carl Jung:

The Collective Unconscious is a storehouse of all theexperiences of humankind, transmitted (genetically encoded, we now realizetoday), to each individual.

As the repository for all past experiences, it includeseven our pre-human animal ancestry.

(Assumably through the genetic processes, though unknownto Freud and Jung at the time.)

It becomes the primary base of a person's psyche, directingand influencing behavior.

It is the deepest and most inaccessible level of thepsyche.

Jung believed that a person accumulates and files all ofhis past experiences, so does humankind, collectively.

Jung was supported by Freud in that Freud predicted oureventual discovery of what he called "Phylogenetic Memory."

Jung said, "theform of the world into which a person is born is already inborn in him, as avirtual image." (Jung, 1953, pg 188).

This is what the scriptures foretold.

Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

In regard to the presence of "Truth," or that Third Eye which we are unconsciously interacting with, and which is communicating with the Unconscious minds of others you need read the recent science published in this book. It will blow your mind if you entertain the possibilities of what I have been telling you:

Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior

Publication Date: April 24, 2012

Leonard Mlodinow, the best-selling author of The Drunkard’sWalk and coauthor of The Grand Design (with Stephen Hawking), gives us astartling and eye-opening examination of how the unconscious mind shapes ourexperience of the world and how, for instance, we often misperceive ourrelationships with family, friends, and business associates, misunderstand thereasons for our investment decisions, and misremember important events.

You should probably bother to read the book yourself, before you begin asserting that it justifies your position.

Back