Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The conference that is held in Heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

iLOVE

Then Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by, on His right hand and on His left. 20 And the Lord said, ‘Who will persuade Ahab to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?’ So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ 22 The Lord said to him, ‘In what way?’ So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.’ 23 Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you.” 1 Kings 22 NKJV

It may come as a surprise to many Christians that Satan still has access to Heaven, with the account given to us in Job, Chapters 1 and 2 and, as well, we see from this Text that there are evil spirits present there.

As to exactly what they are allowed to do we aren't told. This is a demon spirit that is addressed here. So, if there is one evil spirit in Heaven, no doubt, there are many others.

The Scripture tells us that one day soon, actually at about the midpoint of the Great Tribulation, that Satan and all of his evil hosts will be cast out of Heaven, there having no more access.

The account says, "And there was war in Heaven (pertains to the 'Mystery of God' being finished [Revelation 10:7]): Michael and his Angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his Angels (this pertains to Satan and all the Angels who followed him being cast out of Heaven, which will take place, as stated, at the midpoint of the Great Tribulation; why the Lord has allowed Satan and his minions to remain in Heaven all of this time, we aren't told; it is a 'Mystery,' but it will now be finished).

Pastor Jimmy Swaggart Bible Commentary

There is much to be revealed in these scriptures...your thoughts.

The Scripture tells us that one day soon, actually at about the midpoint of the Great Tribulation, that Satan and all of his evil hosts will be cast out of Heaven, there having no more access.

Jesus:

Luke 10:18
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Appears past tense to me.

Jesus:

Luke 10:18
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Appears past tense to me.
By the Power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus saw into the future, observing Satan as he will be cast out of Heaven at the approximate midpoint of the coming Great Tribulation Period. This is called a "mystery," and is referred to in Revelation 10:7.

This is the Seventh Trumpet Judgement, and serves as the announcement for the casting out of Satan. Revelation 10:6 tells us that this has long been delayed, but will ultimately be brought to pass. This is necessary, the casting out of Satan, before the kingdoms of this world can become those of God and Christ, as announced in Revelation 11:15

By the Power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus saw into the future, observing Satan as he will be cast out of Heaven at the approximate midpoint of the coming Great Tribulation Period. This is called a "mystery," and is referred to in Revelation 10:7.

This is the Seventh Trumpet Judgement, and serves as the announcement for the casting out of Satan. Revelation 10:6 tells us that this has long been delayed, but will ultimately be brought to pass. This is necessary, the casting out of Satan, before the kingdoms of this world can become those of God and Christ, as announced in Revelation 11:15

Unlikely. Were it future tense He'd maybe have said it that way huh? If we take Jesus Words as non tense in relationship to time as we relate to such statements we might not be able to make much sense of anything He said.

The YLT captures the tense of Luke 10:18: "and he said to them, 'I was beholding the Adversary, as lightning from the heaven having fallen'."

There is nothing at all to suggest that the mystery of Rev. 10:7 is the casting out of Satan.

It seems fairly obvious that Jesus dealt directly with Satan already "in" man's hearts on earth. Peter also affirms this in 1 Peter 5:8. This fact is also affirmed for example by all of Jesus' seed parables in the Gospels, Mark 4:15 in particular.

There are an abundance of cult like bents on this particular subject, for example the Arnold Murray camp which claims that Satan casts himself down to earth, in and out of heaven like lightning.

A lot of strange teachings in this world. And it takes time to "get them drawn out" of the adherents so you can compare where their heads are at to what the scriptures say about it.

Not too many would find Mr. Swaggart a credible source of accurate teachings on a lot of subjects. Nevertheless Phil. 1:8 is always the order of the day, as instructed by Paul.

Last edited:
The YLT captures the tense of Luke 10:18: "and he said to them, 'I was beholding the Adversary, as lightning from the heaven having fallen'."

There is nothing at all to suggest that the mystery of Rev. 10:7 is the casting out of Satan.
This is bible study. Open and study the different commentaries.

This is bible study. Open and study the different commentaries.
Firstly, one need not look at commentaries to see what is clearly not being said in those particular passages, just by context and Greek grammar. Secondly, I did look at a few commentaries and none came close to what you have given regarding Rev. 10:7 and Luke 10:18.

If Satan has no access to Heaven please explain Job 1:6, Job 2:1, I Kings 22:19- 23
How long before Jesus said those words in Luke were the words in Job and 1 Kings written?

At what point of the OT after 1 Kings and before the NT was Satan cast from Heaven? Please post the scripture.
I don't know. It's only a possibility. What we do know is that when Jesus said to his disciples that he saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven, it was something that had already happened, and not something that was going to happen. I don't think we are told exactly when.

I don't know. It's only a possibility. What we do know is that when Jesus said to his disciples that he saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven, it was something that had already happened, and not something that was going to happen. I don't think we are told exactly when.
Free, open your bible and commentary to Revelation 12. The scripture Luke 10:18 picks up there. Look at Revelation 12:10 and study each phrase.

I'll give him personal charismatic points, but I don't consider him all that bright about understanding scripture. Most of these guys are really good at working a crowd and pinching 'em for a buck. It's a learned art form. I've done it myself many times in business. I do think he'll be saved, regardless. But as to the stories about Satan in heaven waiting to be tossed out? Uh, maybe not so much. I think Satan does what he was made to do by God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back