Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Dreams that I dream-1-Rapture

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jeremiah7

In the year 1994, one night I had a dream. In the dream, I am walking along with a very close friend of mine on the road near my clinic. Nothing spectacular happening. The usual buzz of people going about their businesses and traffic plying by. We seemed to be discussing some recent events in our lives, enjoying the good sunny weather as we walked along.

We both had umbrellas to shield us from the slight drizzle that ensued. Suddenly it started getting dark. Still walking along we did not seem to be disturbed by the rain as it was very mild;but the darkness seemed to be getting worse. A very strange fear gripped me as the darkness increased. My steps faltered. I told my friend,â€ÂI feel something terrible is going to happen.â€Ââ€ÂI can’t go any further.â€ÂMy friend ressured me,â€ÂWhy do you worry? The Lord is with us.â€ÂThe darkness not only increased but there were lightnings and thunders. Never in my lifetime had I heard such thunders. It was terrible. It almost seemed to break my back.

My friends’ poise renewed my inner being. He said,â€ÂCome, let’s praise the Lord. No evil will befall us. The lightnings were now striking very near us.â€ÂDespite the terrifying atmosphere, we started praising the Lord whole-heartedly and took giant strides forward.â€ÂPraise The Lord, Praise The Lordâ€Âwe shouted in unison.

And then it happened. In a flash, in the twinkling of a eye, a huge lightning came right upto us and sucked us up into the skies. As we ascended into the skies, unspeakable joy filled our hearts. We were still praising the Lord. And there the dream ended.

If you saw a dream like that , what would you make of it?What would be your interpretation? That dream made me think a lot and I delved deeply into the scriptures to find it’s meaning. I found that the Lord Jesus Christ has a unique plan for my life and hopefully as you leaf through the pages of the Bible you will discover that He has a unique plan for your life too.

Now, very carefully read the following passages from the Holy bible.

“Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.â€Â(1 Corinthians 15:51-54)

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.â€Â(1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17)

These are the two most significant passages from the Holy Bible that speak of an event called “Raptureâ€Â. This word brings indescribable hope and joy to some and confusion to others.

Rapture should be nothing less than the ultimate blessed hope and eager expectation of every true Christian. It is what the early church longed for and through the centuries has continued to be the hope of many who have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe it will happen sometime in my lifetime. And may the Holy Spirit prepare you and me for that blessed moment.

The dreams that I dream-2-Earthquakes

In 2004-05, when several earthquakes were occuring all over the world and in India, I was awakened one night by the Lord by showing me a dream of a massive earthquake occuring here in Kerala, South India. In the dream, I was driving my car to our Church but to my horror, the roads are split wide open and I can neither go forwards/backwards. Obviously it was a warning that a quake would hit our state, so I prayed about the matter and then forgot about it.

A week later, the Lord showed me another dream wherein an earthquake has already taken place in our state and I am giving people directions as to where to find shelters. I prayed about the matter again, this time more seriously.

To tell me that my prayers were not enough, the Lord showed me yet another dream of an earthquake that had hit a locality near my house, with broken bridges and fallen electric lines. For several days I and my wife prayed fervently that this may not happen.

I resorted to corporate prayer and asked my church members to fast and pray for a day to avert this calamity.

God saved our state from a major disaster. Well, not many know of my dreams and many wouldn't understand that some had "stood in the gap."

Praise God that He gives prior warning to His children who walk with Him.

Praise God for the wisdom and discernment that He has given you. He calls on people that He knows will answer.

1 Cor 14:1 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.

I pray that God will continue to use you in a prophetic manner, and that you will know what to do with the burdens that He has given to you to carry. So many tragedies could be prevented if only someone had been sensitive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and would pray.

The dreams that I dream- Trapped in a wooden cage

Last Saturday (10/7/2006) night, the Lord showed me a dream. One of the members of our church is trapped in a large wooden cage with nets all around. The brothers from our church are trying fervently to get him out and I too am with them. Finally I was able to tear the nets covering one side of the cage and the brother was freed.

I prayed for the matter at night itself at around 2am, when I woke up seeing the dream. I knew that the Holy Spirit was showing that this brother was going to be attacked by satan and I would be able to free him by taking the appropriate action. On Sunday morning when I reached the church that I pastor, I wanted to immediately tell this brother to be alert in prayer but to my surprise the others there told me that he had been hospitalized at 2am that morning with excruciating abdominal pain and vomiting.

We prayed for this brother fervently during Worship and after the service several of us visited him in the hospital. He seemed to be in dire straits with bad abdominal pain and vomitings. Yet, because I knew what the cause was, we joined together in prayer and I laid my hands on this brother and rebuked the evil forces that were afflicting him. By evening he was better and the next day he was free of pain and vomiting.

Not all sicknesses are sicknesses. Some are demonic afflictions and such can be freed by rebuking the evil forces/demons in Jesus name.

What the Holy Spirit showed in the dream (me freeing him by forcibly tearing the nets that caged him) was rebuking the demons that afflicted him.

Praise God that the Holy Spirit is our Counsellor.

The dreams that I dream- 4- Whirlwind

The dreams that I dream- 4- Whirlwind

One night in May 2003, I saw a dream which frightened me much. In the dream, I saw myself and my wife stepping into a vehicle without wheels, somewhat like the basket of a hot air balloon. All of a sudden a gust of wind propels the basket like vehicle into the air. I and my wife hold on to the sides of the vehicle. The wind increases in speed in might and speed and turns into a whirlwind. Both of us cling on in desperation with the whirlwind swinging us round and round, up and down in all directions.

Finally everything becomes calm as the wind subsides and we heave a collective sigh of relief. Because of the intensity of the dream, I woke up in fear. I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me of turbulent times ahead. I prayed about the matter then itself and also with my wife later that morning and also in the coming days.

In the second week of June, my father-in-law aged 72, had facial convulsions and in 2 weeks was diagnosed with malignant cancer of the brain. Inoperable, not responsive to chemotherapy or radiation. This was a really testing time in our lives, with both me and my wife busy with ministry work and me with my medical practice. In and out of hospitals we went every few days and later on as his disabilities progressed, we really had a tough time trying to control his generalized convulsions.

While he was in the initial stages of the sickness that afflicted him, my father who was otherwise healthy suddenly came down with Dengue fever. His platelet count fell rapidly and he started bleeding profusely from the stomach. I was called to attend to him while I was leading a Sunday worship. I was with him for about 2 weeks in the hospital while he was saved from death by the prayers of many. He was given 10 platelet transfusions.

My father-in-law mean while deteriorated in health and was bedridden and for the last 2 months of his life was unconcious.

During this period, I developed chest discomfort and breathlessness because of too much stress and strain and this problem lasted for around 3 months.

My father-in-law died on Nov.10, 2003 after 5 months of suffering, my father recovered totally and I was healed by prayers. All in all we had a whirlwind like situation as the Holy Spirit had shown.

My ministry, medical practice, the children's schooling, home matters all were disrupted for a while, but then the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our afflictions comforted us and we had peace that passeth all understanding during these turbulent times.

The dreams that I dream-5- Double Blessing

The dreams that I dream-5- Double Blessing

We had been desperately searching for a house on rent as we had to vacate the one we were staying in because the term was over. For almost 2 months we looked here and there, asking, enquiring and inspecting. But our search did not yield fruit. Initially our prayers were routine, but as time passed and the deadline drew near our prayers were fervent. During that time, one night the Lord showed me a dream.

" A very rich man dressed in white, was distributing sweets to people gathered for a function. To every one he gave one sweet but when he came to me, he smiled and gave me two sweets." The dream ended there.
I woke up the next morning and wondered what the dream was all about. Surely a double blessing was coming my way. I prayed for the same, not knowing in which area of my life it was to be.
"A man in white and a rich man too."
Men who wore white were few in our town, except ofcourse a certain group of Pentecostals called "The Pentecostal Mission" or TPM. But I had no contacts with them whatsoever.
I forgot about this dream and our quest for a rented house continued. It was almost 2 months that we had been searching. One day after finishing my clinic work, I stopped near a wayside shop to buy a few things.
As I stopped and got down from my vehicle, I saw a Pastor known to me,stop his bike near me. After we exchanged pleasantries, I told him about our search for a house. He spoke of certain possible locations where we could still seek. As we talked, a car came to a stop on the opposite side of the road. Out of it emerged 2 persons both short and stockily built, one older and the other younger, an aura of the rich around them. The Pastor with me said, "Come, lets us ask that person, pointing to the older person who had stepped out the car. I said, "That’s fine with me."
As the 2 came walking towards us the Pastor with me shook hands with them and asked them when they had came from abroad. After talking for sometime, he introduced me to the two and told them that I was searching for a house on rent. Immediately the older man said "That’s no problem, you can take my house, the top floor is vacant." Come let me take you home. Pausing a little, he then said, "let me first show you this new shopping complex that I have built."

A little walk from there, a four storied building built well came into view. He took me to every floor and showed me the rooms; on the top floor he paused and said, "This hall I have specially built in remembrance of my parents." It is a prayer hall that I got made and it can be availed by any one free of cost to conduct prayer meetings or worship services. In front of me was a wonderfully constructed hall with a side room and bath room. I told him that it would be a great blessing to those who worshipped there. "You can conduct meetings here if you want, he said." "Me?" I was almost startled.
What did this man know of me to so suddenly give a prayer hall to conduct meetings free of cost.? All he had heard from the Pastor a little while ago was that I am a Physician doing God’s work. I smiled at his offer saying I’ll think about it. A little later we proceeded in my car leaving the younger man, the other man’s son at the shopping complex.

As we traveled he asked me about the work that I was doing for God, about my family, about my clinic.
He had a wonderful house with a beautiful garden, with lots of flowers and all kinds of plants and trees.
"Come, he said as we entered his house." He introduced me to his wife and told her that we were searching for a house on rent. Later he took me to the 1st floor of the house which was vacant. ‘You can stay here’ he said taking me to each room.
The house seemed ideal for us after such a long search and the rent he asked for was reasonable. I said I’ll discuss it with my wife and let him know.

As I took leave of him, he said "You can use the prayer hall, it’s free." I smiled and returned home with the great news,. In a few days time after praying over this matter we had shifted to the new house and started a new church meeting in the prayer hall that the man had given us. For 4 years we had been praying for a good hall to worship God. Till then we were worshipping in a dilapidated rental house several miles away. Now God had given us this wonderful prayer hall, all of a sudden. I believe while we prayed, God was building a hall for us at another place.

Jesus said,
"My Father is always at his work to this very day,and I too am working."(John 5:17)
Before we shifted to the new house, one night while I sat in prayer (the next night after I had met the man who gave me his house and the prayer hall) I praised God for his kindness and his love for giving us this rented house and the prayer hall.
"Thank you Jesus." I burst into spontaneous praise for some time. "As I praised and them sat quietly before the Lord mediating, the Holy Spirit suddenly said, "It’s a double blessing."
It was then that my mind raced back to the dream that the Lord had showed me about a month ago. "A rich man giving me 2 sweets while he gave only one to others."

My heart again welled with praise as I thought about the dream fulfilled. But one part of the dream made me wonder. The man who gave me 2 sweets wore all white but when I had met him he was just wearing a casual shirt and pant. As we had talked the previous day he had told me he too was a Pentecostal, but I had forgotten to ask him to which group he belonged. (The man whom God had shown in the dream was to be from TPM as I had recognized in the dream)
To make sure, the next day morning I called him and after greeting him asked him casually to which Pentecostal group he belonged.
Oh! We are from "TPM" (The Pentecostal Mission)Why do you ask? He queried.
Nothing! Just asking! I said, my heart rejoicing for God’s faithfulness.

The Bible says,
"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God;he is the faithful God,keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."(Deuteronomy 7:9)

The dreams that I dream-6- Love your enemies

Once when I lived in a rented house, though the owners were kind to me, the person who was looking after the house when the owners had gone abroad, was always seeking an oppurtunity to make us leave the place because of vested interests.

I happened to know this because the Lord would show me a dream regarding this each time the fellow planned against us. Everytime I would pray to the Lord not to allow his tricks to work.

When the Lord started showing me several dreams regarding his plans, I developed a dislike for that man and I changed my prayers. I started praying that the Lord should instead send that fellow away from that place. Some sort of hatred developed inside of me because outwardly he pretended to be kind but he schemed secretly.

Finally when the Lord repeatedly showed me these dreams, I told the Lord, "I have been praying all along about this, why don't you do something?"

The Holy Spirit spoke to me at that moment and said, "Love your enemies, do good to those who persecute you".

I understood that my attitude as a Christian towards this man was wrong. So I decided to do something good for this man for all the wrong that he was doing. I had a brand new shaving set with me and I decided to present him that. That same day when I met him, I presented that set to him. He looked surprised and thanked me. I confessed the grudge that I had towards this man to the Lord and found great peace in my heart. I was happy that I had obeyed the voice of the Holy Spirit.

The Lord was pleased too and I know it for sure because just in 2 days, he sent the fellow away from that place, no more to trouble us

Jeremiah,

This is a deliberate gift that God has given you. Bless God that you are using it to serve the Lord. God wishes that we would all use our gifts to edify the Church and operate with different functions in the Body but with similar purpose. Praise the Lord that he has shown you these things, and has used you to do His will.

God Bless,

Josh

The dreams that I dream-7-God's Timing

My father-in-law was bedridden and deeply comatose for the last 2 months of his life because of brain cancer. We had him admitted in a hospital for nursing care. Initially there were many relatives and friends coming to visit, but later on everyone except me and my wife and a couple of others visited. There was nothing much to do except pray for God's will to be fulfilled.

Those days we lived in my wife's house and travelled to the hospital and back from there. In addition to my father-in-law's sickness, my mother-in-law was blind and sick too and needed constant care.Both of us were tired both physically and mentally because of the circumstances. We were living in a place where people were Christians but only for name sake. Most of them had no personal relationship with Christ and hardly approved of our walk with Christ.

Many speculated as to when my father-in-law would die. Some said he would lie in a comatose state for several months, others were not sure.

It was almost 2 months since he had been admitted in the hospital. During those days, one night the Lord showed me a dream. In the dream I am in the hospital room and suddenly my father-in-law sits up in bed, leaning against the wall. He smiles at me and says, '"Come and visit me tomorrow and day after. I'll be going to heaven on the 3rd day from now."

I told my wife about the dream and we knew that 'his' end was near. Now here was a challenge put by God. Did I have the guts to tell the Nominal Christians that this would happen on the 3rd day from that day and make them realize that our walk with Christ was not fake but for real.

I took up the challenge and told our relatives and friends there, that the Lord had told me that my father-in-law would die on the 3rd day from then. Some of them scoffed, some said that he would lie like that for several more months, some of them just laughed it off.

We visited 'him' for the next 2 days; he was in the same condition; no change!
The third day was a Sunday and after worship, we went to the hospital again at around 3pm. We were there till around 8pm and he lay there with no change in his condition for better/worse. We travelled back to my wife's house, prayed, had dinner and slept.

At around 11.30pm that night, we received a phone call from the hospital that my father-in-law had passed away. We travelled to the hospital immediately and asked the nursing staff how he had died, because when we left, he was just lying there, comatose as usual. They said that as soon as we left, his breathing became laboured, he was given oxygen, but he went into cardiorespiratory failure at 11 pm.

The days after this were very hectic, but later when we thought about the dream and my father-in-law's death, we realized that what God had said in the dream was true. His timing was perfect as it always is. God also made the nominal christians realize that God was with us and our walk with God was not just a show after all.

Hi Dr J!

This public PC won't play audio & I only had time to scroll down a few of your message titles: there must be a menu of over 100 for any readers interested

Anyway, I came on with this word 4 today from http://www.arcamax asking God to guide me where it would best go:-

Today's Scripture

Victory over the Devil

So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

Genesis 3:14,15 NIV

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

James 4:6,7 KJV

Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.

Luke 22:31,32 NASB

I would have you wise as to what is good and guileless as to what is evil; then the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Romans 16:19,20 RSV

We proclaim Jesus, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.

Colossians 1:28-29 NIV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

Read Through the Bible in a Year

October 16: Revelation 16, Esther 9-10, Psalm 107:23-43
Click Here for the complete schedule

Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Weekly Meditation

Eternal Life...Only One Way

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

John 3:16-21 NIV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw, only 2/3 days ago, that http://www.God.TV is all over India & I'm sure other Christian TV too: back to link..

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24248

I'm trying to recall the Indian leader @ http://www.om.org I've heard 2/3 times, but I know founder George Verwer loves preaching in India: I served with their http://www.stl.org in '74/'75

I really enjoy Mahesh Chadra school of ministry on Christian TV

& used to listen weekly to Ravi Zacharias' "Let My People Think" on http://www.ucb.co.uk - it may still be on 549m MW - see http://www.rzim.org

God bless!

Ian

The dreams that I dream-8-The devil prowls around

One night as I slept, the Lord showed me a dream regarding how we must always be spiritually alert and not give a foothold to the enemy in our lives.

In the dream I am on the terrace of our house laying clothes on a clothesline. While I’m laying the clothes, I am in prayer and meditating on the Word. Suddenly I turn back and look and see a lion following close on my heels as I walk to and fro laying the clothes. In the dream, I realize that the lion is waiting for an opportunity for me to sit down so that it can pounce upon me. As long as I am walking and praying, it does not harm me, but it is ready all the time nevertheless.

When I woke up the next morning and thought about the dream, the Holy Spirit brought to my mind these verses from 1 Peter Chapter 5.

“Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.†(1 Peter 5:8, 9)

The Lord reminded me that I was always involved in spiritual warfare and should be careful, lest the enemy gained a foothold in my life.

Laying clothes on a clothesline here just denotes “me going about my daily businessâ€Â

The Lord was speaking clearly to me through this dream and saying,

“Do not give the devil a foothold.ââ¬Â (Ephesians 4:27)

The dreams that I dream-9- Rejecting the truth

Once, a youth started regularly attending our worship services after I had explained to him the gospel truths. He was involving himself in all the activities of the Church and seemed to have taken a decision for living for the Lord.

Then one night, the Lord showed me a dream regarding him. In the dream, we both are having dinner and I am serving him food. He seemed to be enjoying it for a while and then all of a sudden he just throws away the food that I had served and gets up and walks away.

I prayed about the dream that it may not happen like I had seen. The Lord was showing here that initially the fellow would accept all the spiritual truths that I fed him with, but then he would just discard the whole thing.

Though I prayed about the matter, what the Lord had shown took place, as in the dream. Just 1 week after I had seen the dream, without any specific reason, he stopped attending the worship and wouldn’t come back, despite our prayers and pleadings. It was sad that he backslid and wouldn’t choose to live for the Lord.

The dreams that I dream-10-Prisoner

Around 3 years back, one day when I was at home visiting my parents, I received a phone call. The caller identified himself and said that he wanted to meet me urgently. I said I was busy and would meet him the next day after my work at the clinic. He came the next day at around 12.30 pm and met me at my clinic. He told me that he had been convicted for drug abuse and as an accomplice in a murder case and was in jail for the past several years.

While in jail, he had come across a couple of my books,"Your Future" & "Poison" and after reading that and knowing the truth, he had repented of his sins and prayed to God for forgiveness. He said that "God" had answered his prayers and with good behaviour, his sentence was cut short and he was released just a week back.

I extended the right hand of fellowship to this man and invited him to church, helped him financially and gave him several of my books to further his spiritual life.

He asked me to urgently pray that he may get a job and I did. A week later, he came to our church and I allowed him to give his testimony. We prayed for him as a church.

A couple of days later, the Lord showed me a dream one night. In the dream, I am standing at a junction near our church, waiting for this man. Suddenly, I see this man coming out of a shop, smoking a cigarette. I am surprised and as I approach him, he starts walking away laughing wickedly.
I tell him that what he is doing is against the Word of God and a child of God shouldn't do such things. He just laughs and walks away. The dream ended there. I prayed for this man that he may not go back to his old ways and we prayed as a church too.

For a month or so, I did not have any information about his whereabouts, then I was told by someone that he had again been convicted on charges of drug abuse and was jailed again.

What the Lord had shown in the dream was true. He had gone back to his old ways and was now paying the price for it.

Often I think, "God is so good" and gives everyone many chances to "repent" and "come back to him" but some just waste these chances and turn their backs on God.

The dreams that I dream-11-Warnings

A friend of mine, a businessman, happened to call me one day and tell me that his brother had suffered a massive heart attack and died within an hour of his being admitted in the Intensive Coronary Care Unit. I sympathized with him and consoled him at the loss and asked a few family details. I said I would pray for him that the Lord would grant him peace in this tragic circumstance that he faced.

A couple of days later, the Lord showed me a dream one night regarding this friend of mine. He was lying in an ICCU with many doctors and nursing staff surrounding him. In the dream I saw that he was going into cardiac arrest and despite the best efforts of the medical staff, he was pronounced dead.

When I woke up the next morning, I realized that the Lord was telling me that my friend would suffer the same fate as his brother and since my friend was an unbeliever though a Christian, God was telling me that I should warn him of this and also pray that this may not happen.

I chose an oppurtune moment the next day, called my friend to the clinic that I run and very plainly told him what I had seen in the dream. He seemed to listen and shake his head in the affirmative when I told him that he must get right with God and pray about that matter urgently.

While leaving, he told me that he would be going abroad for a business trip the next week and that I keep him and his trip in my prayers.

I prayed about the matter that evening before I slept. A week later I received a call from an unkown person asking me whether I was the family doctor of such and such a person. On enquiring further, I came to know that my friend who had gone abroad for the business trip had a heart attack and was admitted in the ICCU of one of the big hospitals in Thailand. It was evident that my friend had taken for granted the message of the dream that I had told him about. Evidently he had not taken the matter seriously and prayed about it.

The phone kept ringing regularly for a few days telling me the progress of my friend's health. I kept praying for his recovery and finally he was able to travel back home. He recovered fully, but still has not taken a decision to live for the Lord.

God gives warnings to many unbelievers through his servants, yet many make light of it and suffer the consequences. Still because of the prayers of God's faithful, God has compassion on them and gives them another lease of life.

The dreams that I dream-12-An unknown face

One night several years back, in a dream, I saw myself preaching to a congregation. Some of the faces in the audience were very familiar to me, friends and members of my church, but then as if a camera were zooming in on someone, one face stood out from the rest. It was of a middle aged man, partially bald, medium height and stout. He was in the 2nd or 3rd row and listening intently to my message.

I woke up the next morning and as I recollected the dream, I remembered the face that had stood out from among the rest, but wondered who it must be, for I had never met that person.

That Saturday, I was called to preach in a prayer meeting held at a friends house. Friday night, as I sat for prayer and asked the Lord what I should preach the next day, He gave me the verses from Joel 2:12-14

"Even now," declares the LORD, "return to me with all your heart,
with fasting and weeping and mourning." Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Who knows? He may turn and have pity
and leave behind a blessing...."

And there was a surprise waiting for me when I reached there. There in the 2nd row sat the man the Lord had shown me in the dream. Instantly I knew that the message though for everyone, was specially for this man.

As I preached, the Holy Spirit led me through several portions of the Bible where the apostacy of the Israelites is evident. "Enquiring and worshipping Baal instead of Jehovah. The Holy Spirit led me into speaking how christians get trapped when they involve themselves in idol worship.

After the service, the man I had seen in the dream came hastily to me and told me his story. He was a believer who had got involved in idolatry and now his daughter was mentally ill. He had done verything in his capacity to get her cured with medicines but to no avail. He had come on holidays from another state to our native place and was returning in a couple of days. I told him that the message that day was specially for him from God and that he should obey accordingly and that I would be praying for him and his ailing daughter.

It was very evident here that God wanted to give him another chance and that's why the message-"Even now," declares the LORD, "return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning." Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate..."

Whether he took the message to heart is unknown to me for I have never seen him after that. I hope and pray that all goes well with him and his family.

The dreams that I dream-13-You can't trick the Lord

One day as I was finishing my work at the Clinic, my assistant informed me that someone from the vigilance department of the police wanted to see me urgently. I wondered what the cause was and asked my assistant to usher him in. After saying "Hello", I asked him what the reason for his coming was. He was reluctant to say much and proceeded to show me a letter that had been received by the vigilance department. I asked him what the letter was about and again hesitantly he stated that someone had sent a written complaint that I was ‘a quack’ and did not have the required qualifications for practicing Medicine.

This made me smile and I told him amusedly that this was the 5th year that I was practicing after my post graduation in Medicine. He said that he had been enquiring the matter and knew that there was foul play involved but they couldn’t really pinpoint the culprit behind this. Anyway as this was considered as a serious offence, the Superintendent of Police had sent me a notice to appear before him on a set date with all my records. After he left me, I wondered who could have played such a trick on me, because I did not have any overt enemies in that place and never was any animosity shown towards me by any one in that place.

That night I prayed to the Lord and asked for His guidance regarding the matter, all the while wondering who could have played such a trick. As I slept, I saw a dream. In the dream I am in an elevator with a man who works in a coffee shop near the Clinic. As we ride the elevator, this man smiles at me and says, "The police will never know that I wrote that letter." Waking up at night after the dream, I praised God for His faithfulness and asked the Lord why that man did so? In reply the Lord said that the man didn’t like the Gospel work that I did at the Clinic-distributing tracts and books and it was a sort of harassment that he had planned. I knew this man very well but did not go to confront him regarding the thing leaving the matter into the Lord’s hands.

A few days later, early one morning, I traveled with my wife to the SP’s office to show him my records. It so happened that the SP was sick that day and as soon as I entered his office, he asked me to prescribe some medicine for his illness. He just glanced through my records and told me that he was sorry for the trouble, but he was just following regulations. I asked him whether they were able to catch the culprit but he just shook his head and said, "It’s not so easy." I felt like telling him that it would be easy if he could ask the Lord for some help, but just kept quiet knowing that he wouldn’t probably understand or appreciate what I said. As I said "Good Bye", he smiled and wished me the best.

To end the story, I do not know for sure whether it was God’s way of avenging for what the fellow had done, but in a drunken brawl that week itself this man was stabbed and was hospitalized for quite some time.

God is faithful in all His ways and He says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

And His Word exhorts us in this way, "Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. (Romans 12:17-19)

The dreams that I dream-14-“Bind the strong man"

In the early stages of my walk with Christ, whenever I sat for praying or reading the Word, I would feel extremely sleepy and start yawning. This became so evident that one day my wife commented about the same. It was then that I too realized that something was amiss and prayed about the same. I often wondered what the possible cause could be, but could not reach a conclusion.

While I was experiencing this, one night I saw a dream. In the dream, a short white man was wrestling with an evil looking giant. The giant was overpowering the short white man who was trying desperately to escape him.

Then I heard a voice in the dream say, “Bind the strong man and free yourself.â€Â
I woke up after seeing this dream at night and wondered what it meant. Later on the next day, as I sat for prayer and started yawning again, the Holy Spirit spoke to me in His still small voice and said, “Bind the strong man.†Instantly I realized what the dream was all about. The Lord was indicating that it was an evil spirit that was making me feel sleepy on sitting for prayer or when reading the Word and the deliverance could be achieved by rebuking the evil power. And that is exactly what I did. I immediately rebuked the evil spirit in Jesus’ Name and to tell you the truth, the deliverance was immediate.

From then on, my times of prayer and Bible reading are a joy. Every morning I am able to spend around one and a half hours in worship, prayer and Bible reading.

In my ministry, I have met several well meaning Christians who have had this same problem and perhaps a few of you reading this may have been experiencing the same ,but the message from the Lord to all such is the same, “Bind the strong manand free yourself.â€Â

Back