Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Earth's Core

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
welders weld metals at temps near 30000 f. its brief but its hotter then the sun surface temp

Didn't know it was that hot, but it makes sense. Of course, there's a huge difference between temperature and thermal energy. This is why you can reach into a 500 degree oven and pull out a sheet of aluminum foil without being burned. I do a little demo with explosive reactions, in which a student exposes their arm to a blast of several hundred degrees C, with no harm. (they smell like burned feathers for a little bit, because tiny hairs on the underside of the forearm get burnt, but it is harmless)

Didn't know it was that hot, but it makes sense. Of course, there's a huge difference between temperature and thermal energy. This is why you can reach into a 500 degree oven and pull out a sheet of aluminum foil without being burned. I do a little demo with explosive reactions, in which a student exposes their arm to a blast of several hundred degrees C, with no harm. (they smell like burned feathers for a little bit, because tiny hairs on the underside of the forearm get burnt, but it is harmless)
that I think is all forms of welding. tig, mig, stick welding and plasma cutting as well.

I still don't know if they really know how far down the core is.

That's pretty easy to show. The outer core is molten iron, and there's a very distinct discontinuity there. Secondary waves can't pass through fluids, so the S wave profile shows a very distinct boundary for the core.

Yes and brighter than the sun at the very arc of the tip. That is one of the things that I learned in welding school.

Yes and brighter than the sun at the very arc of the tip. That is one of the things that I learned in welding school.
the hottest is tig welding. electricity works in plasma. if we look at any arc its plasma. lightening is plasma and its very hot. I have heard of the electric meter box shorting out and burning at 30000f . electrical fires are hot. though I don't think it sustained that long as the fuse at the pole will trip but enough for that metal to start a fire.

Just a footnote about "knowing what we know" asserted by Barbarian...

The preface of every science book ever written by man can contain this thought. "We know what we know..." which by the next revision of that science book gets the rubber stamp across the old preface "WE JUST THOUGHT WE KNEW."

It's the nature of science to revise theories when evidence says so. For example, Newton's theory of gravitation has been modified by relativity. But Newton's theory still applies; we just have to put in a correction factor for extreme speeds.

Likewise, Darwin's four points still apply, and have been repeatedly verified by subsequent data. But genetics and some other information has modified his theory in The Modern Synthesis.

It probably seems like cheating to creationists, who have to change the data to fit their new doctrines.
CA230_1Trever.gif

Science so far has failed to even totally explore our oceans, they failed on the weather report for my area yet again by a whole day, and now they want to theorize some other possible fallacy?

Psa 63:9 . . into the lower (hell or nether) parts of the earth.
From there, there is visibility as the rich man of Luke 16:23 could see Lazarus. Could we now assume hell will now be renamed as “Inner inner core” (Catchy name), and Abraham’s Bosom will become “Outer Inner Core”?
:clap

i found this a few years ago, this is what it sounds like at the core of the earth..

tob

Just another man made publication, I'll stick with what the word of God has to say, Eugene got it right..

Psalm 69:9 But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.

there are more than a few that wish there wasn't a hell, most don't know it was created for the devil and his angels..

tob

*edit: well what do you know..

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/internet/a/snopes_exposed.htm

did you listen to that tape, did you hear those voices, sounded like they were in hell to me, that's what Christians do Barbarian warn people about that God forsaken place.. that they will spend eternity there if they haven't been saved.

tob

did you listen to that tape, did you hear those voices, sounded like they were in hell to me, that's what Christians do Barbarian warn people about that God forsaken place.. that they will spend eternity there if they haven't been saved.

tob

Christians are to promote the Gospel Truth, not faked stories that discredit their promoters.:twocents

Compare those voices with this..

Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Of course the world will say its fake same as some say Foxes Book Of Martyrs is fake..

tob

uhm, the jews and the greeks believed that hades and sheol respectfully were below the earth. to my knowledge they didn't teach the sounds of torment in either system was audible.

After i heard that video i did a search for other information that would either confirm it or well you know, here's one and I'm thinking there are others..

In terry Watkins article, you read the following

“Caspar Peucer, a famous fourteenth century astronomer and physician, who also researched and documented the volcanoe eruptions at Heklafell wrote some very frightening information in his research findings. Peucer, claims (as others) that “fearful howlings, weeping and gnashing of teeth” could be heard “for many miles. . .” as these volcanoes erupted:

And Caspar Peucer is not alone. There are others who believe they have heard “cries and screaming” coming from volcanoes. Most have tried to ignore the obvious. Some simply explain the “sounds of hell” to some rational meaning. But they are there. . .

“The fearsome noises that issued from some of their volcanoes were certainly thought to be the screams of tormented souls in the fires of hell below“.
(Haraldur Sigurdsson, Melting the Earth, The History of Ideas on Volcanic Eruptions, p. 73)

https://hellandheaventestimonies.wo.../hell-in-relation-to-volcanoes-and-mountains/

tob

mount st Helens erupted. we do have members who lived near that and would know. some mountains are active and spew lava a lot and its not much. Hawaii has a few of those that are always active. if that was true it would be known. sorry, I wont defend that idea.

i see it as a warning Jason God doesn't wish anyone to perish, he's already gone above and beyond anything we could ask of him.. Man hates God in his heart we don't go looking for him he comes looking for us, its not Gods fault we're in this mess, we drew first blood, then when he sent his son as a gift of his love, undeserving as we are, we nailed him to a tree, and he is still reaching out to us..

tob

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back