Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Earth's Core

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i see it as a warning Jason God doesn't wish anyone to perish, he's already gone above and beyond anything we could ask of him.. Man hates God in his heart we don't go looking for him he comes looking for us, its not Gods fault we're in this mess, we drew first blood, then when he sent his son as a gift of his love, undeserving as we are, we nailed him to a tree, and he is still reaching out to us..

tob
I don't, volcanoes erupt all the time. you cant assume that Christians aren't near those areas. ie st.Helens. mt Aetna, or any volcano that is in America or any area where there are Christians. they would hear it.

In terry Watkins article, you read the following

“Caspar Peucer, a famous fourteenth century astronomer and physician, who also researched and documented the volcanoe eruptions at Heklafell wrote some very frightening information in his research findings. Peucer, claims (as others) that “fearful howlings, weeping and gnashing of teeth” could be heard “for many miles. . .” as these volcanoes erupted:

And Caspar Peucer is not alone. There are others who believe they have heard “cries and screaming” coming from volcanoes. Most have tried to ignore the obvious. Some simply explain the “sounds of hell” to some rational meaning. But they are there. . .

“The fearsome noises that issued from some of their volcanoes were certainly thought to be the screams of tormented souls in the fires of hell below“.
(Haraldur Sigurdsson, Melting the Earth, The History of Ideas on Volcanic Eruptions, p. 73)

https://hellandheaventestimonies.wo.../hell-in-relation-to-volcanoes-and-mountains/

tob
I can tell from the name "TurnOrBurn" that the delightful idea of souls being tormented in hell's fires form the basis of your faith. But you are, in my view, blinded by this so much that you are not really thinking this thru. (By "this" I mean the topic of this thread, not your faith itself, or even the belief in souls burning in torment in hell - just this idea that we could HEAR it near a volcano.)

EVEN IF there were souls screaming "down there", just how do you hear screaming from "deep inside the earth" at a volcano? You DO realize that a volcano is not some acoustically perfect tube into the earth, right?

And how does a SOUL, a spirit being with no body, make audible sound?

Why not claim that miners or sonar equipment on deep sea vehicles have heard the cries?

This entire premise is based on a BELIEF that is held so strongly that the premise itself is not tested with some "mental review" first. The entire idea here is laughable. Now, souls COULD be deep in the earth's core, burning and suffering and crying out - but there is no way we could HEAR the cries thru miles and miles of earth's soil, rock, and molten core.

Last edited:
The worst thing you can do for something that's true, is make up a false story to support it. This obvious fake will be touted by those who hate Christians, as proof there is no hell.

Pizza asks: And how does a SOUL, a spirit being with no body, make audible sound?

Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

That's how..

tob

The worst thing you can do for something that's true, is make up a false story to support it. This obvious fake will be touted by those who hate Christians, as proof there is no hell.

Obvious fake you say, then what do you say to the story Jesus told about Lazarus and the rich man?

tob

tob,
Even if what Jesus spoke of was literal (and Im not convinced it is) - it would have happened to DEAD PEOPLE in the spiritual realm.

Now, all of this talk of hell being deep in the bowels of the earth with heaven in the sky comes from this world view:

z.gif

I take every word in the Bible seriously, but not literally.
It occurs to me that you are someone who takes every word in the Bible seriously and literally.
I hope you don't gouge your eyes out someday. :)

I hope you don't gouge your eyes out someday.

There are some sects who have taken this literally:
Matthew 19:12 For there are eunuchs, who were born so from their mother' s womb: and there are eunuchs, who were made so by men: and there are eunuchs, who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven. He that can take, let him take it.

Not saying turn or burn would do that, but some did. Literalism can take you places God doesn't want you to go.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back