Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] The End Of Evolution.

johnmuise said:
Snidey said:
lolol Thunderf00t's videos are scientific asskickings, calling him ignorant and deeming VenomFangX (a name I imagine I would have thought cool when I was 12) intellectually superior is indicative of your actual grasp on science. What specifically about Thunderf00t do you find so ignorant? Name some specific claims.

Well of course anyone willing to defend such a hilarious adult fairy tale is not only ignorant but willingly ignorant..you would need help to be that dumb.
A fairy tale for adults...what, like religion?

I'm serious, it fits religion better than any aspect of science. Have you ever wondered why 99.9+% of actively working professional biologists accept the theory of evolution, for starters? 99.9% of the people who research the evidence, do the theoretical work, the tests, write the scientific papers and peer review them?

Patashu said:
johnmuise said:
Snidey said:
lolol Thunderf00t's videos are scientific asskickings, calling him ignorant and deeming VenomFangX (a name I imagine I would have thought cool when I was 12) intellectually superior is indicative of your actual grasp on science. What specifically about Thunderf00t do you find so ignorant? Name some specific claims.

Well of course anyone willing to defend such a hilarious adult fairy tale is not only ignorant but willingly ignorant..you would need help to be that dumb.
A fairy tale for adults...what, like religion?

I'm serious, it fits religion better than any aspect of science. Have you ever wondered why 99.9+% of actively working professional biologists accept the theory of evolution, for starters? 99.9% of the people who research the evidence, do the theoretical work, the tests, write the scientific papers and peer review them?

Largest conspiracy in history, duh. If only they had the research skills of the likes of Christian scientists!

For starters thats what they are taught, and because 99.99% (source?) of them do the papers only adds to the huge amount of crap filling our heads.

johnmuise said:

For starters thats what they are taught, and because 99.99% (source?) of them do the papers only adds to the huge amount of crap filling our heads.

Oh suddenly you demand sources? 99.99 percent is probably about right, since to my knowledge the list of biologists supporting ID is insanely small. The DI's 500 long list has been shown to be incorrect ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1Bo6GmPqM ), and even that would be a tiny tiny percentage.

Scientists are not merely taught things (if only they could think as critically as YECs!). They also evaluate information on their own. The summation of various fields of science have the same conclusions if you follow them properly (you may not agree with this, but that is because you are not well versed in a single one of these fields).

One of the many lies used to defend evolution is the statement that no real scientist believes in creation.

"It is a conservative estimate that there are in the U.S.A. alone around 10,000 practicing scientists who are Biblical creationists " -Dr. Bruce Malone.

Again, that would still be a very, very small percentage of scientists.

I would like to see some evidence that supports the 10k number.

Snidey said:
johnmuise said:

Oh suddenly you demand sources? 99.99 percent is probably about right, since to my knowledge the list of biologists supporting ID is insanely small. The DI's 500 long list has been shown to be incorrect ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1Bo6GmPqM ), and even that would be a tiny tiny percentage.

Scientists are not merely taught things (if only they could think as critically as YECs!). They also evaluate information on their own. The summation of various fields of science have the same conclusions if you follow them properly (you may not agree with this, but that is because you are not well versed in a single one of these fields).

Haha, wow. I just watched that video... pretty conclusive. If the other side wanted to produce a larger case study of scientists who don't believe in evolution /w common descent, I'm sure we could calculate that as well :)

johnmuise said:

Here's a sample of 157 biologists, giving 97%:
http://www.csicop.org/intelligentdesign ... versy.html
(note that a sample of 157 is actually quite small)
And, yes, biologists are taught evolution. But then they do the research, the theoretical work, the practical work, look at the evidence, find that the facts of life, species and earth match up with the theory of evolution better then any competing theories and continue to accept it as they do their work.

johnmuise said:
One of the many lies used to defend evolution is the statement that no real scientist believes in creation.

"It is a conservative estimate that there are in the U.S.A. alone around 10,000 practicing scientists who are Biblical creationists " -Dr. Bruce Malone.
Is this before or after the fields or science are excluded which could not conflict with biblical creationism? Ie quantum physics, something you could study all your life and it would never procure evidence conflicting with genesis.

Patashu said:
johnmuise said:

Is this before or after the fields or science are excluded which could not conflict with biblical creationism? Ie quantum physics, something you could study all your life and it would never procure evidence conflicting with genesis.

Many biologists according to source.

Back