Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the first commandment

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't know anyone who worships a statue, for instance.

Maybe worshipping a THING is just too foreign for me to even consider.

At least for Christians.
Do you know anyone who fights for the right to worship, honor, esteem, statues and trinkets?

You carry an idol as a fruit of turning from idols?
Sounds counter productive to repentance.

I can meditate on and manifest the life and death of the Savior without "props".
Without scripture also? Is scripture referring to an idol?
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (Portrayed)
Thanks

Without scripture also?
Scripture tells me not to idolize stones and wood.
Is scripture referring to an idol?
In some places, thank God.
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (Portrayed)
Thanks
Are you adding to the word of God with the (Portrayed)?
I hope not.

Scripture tells me not to idolize stones and wood.

In some places, thank God.

Are you adding to the word of God with the (Portrayed)?
I hope not.
Other translations say portrayed
Thanks

Are translations the best inspired word of God or only the original manuscripts?

I thought the first commandment was Gen 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth".

I thought the first commandment was Gen 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth".
Many topics have multiple perspectives.
This may have been the first command ever given, but it isn't often considered "the first commandment".
That would be "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. " (Matt 22:37-38)

Back