Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse then the Rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ugmug

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse then the Rapture

For centuries people have been trying to use scripture to determine when the rapture will take place. Some say that the rapture will take place before the tribulation and some say it will take place after the tribulation. But the rapture will in fact take place DURING the tribulation!

If one looks to the story of Lazarus in the book of John Chapter 11, where Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead, the story is a clue to when the rapture will take place.

In the story Lazarus is sick and Jesus is summoned by Mary and her sister to come and heal him. But when Jesus heard this he delayed his journey. When Jesus finally arrived he found that Lazarus has been dead for 4 days.

It is important to see the significance of these 4 days. The 4 days are in fact symbolic of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse that is depicted in the Book of Revelation Chapter 6: 1-8.

The delay of Jesus' arrival and the significance of Lazarus's being dead for 4 days means that once the 4 horsemen have finished their judgments the rapture will take place. Lazarus's resurrection is a depiction of the forthcoming rapture.

So you see both christian and non-christian will endure the judgments of the four horsemen at the beginning of the tribulation. After the four horsemen finish their judgments the rapture will take place which is the opening of the fifth seal described in the next verse of Revelation 6: 9-11.

The first four seals opened in Revelation 6: 1-8 are the four horsemen which coincides with the 4 days that Lazarus lay dead in the tomb before he was resurrected (RAPTURED) by Jesus Christ. And the fifth seal is the rapture.

It makes perfect sense that both christian and non-christian will have to endure the judgments of the four horsemen. God desires all to be saved and the beginning judgments are a precursor to what awaits those who are left behind after the rapture. Christians are included in the beginning judgments of the tribulation in order to lead as many unbelievers to the saving knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ.

Consider that when Noah finished the ark God filled it with animals. Now the animals entering the ark were in fact a warning to all of the mocking onlookers that God's judgments are coming. In the same way God uses the four horsemen in the book of Revelation, like the animals entering Noah's ark, as a warning that his judgments are coming. The four horsemen are gathering all of God's faithful into the ark of Jesus Christ before he shuts the door with the rapture.

As in the Garden of Eden God declares all his judgments before any violation so those who suffer judgment cannot be resentful of the consequences. In the same way Christians will suffer the judgments of the four horsemen along with the non-christian so that when the rapture finally happens those left behind cannot be resentful of their horrible fate. Those left behind had their chance to escape and be included in the rapture by believing and accepting in the forgiveness offered by Jesus Christ.

Finally after the warning judgments of the four horsemen the rapture takes place which is the closing of the ark door just before the flood of God's judgments fall upon all those left behind.

God Bless – In The Name Of Jesus Christ

note:

One can consider that the four horsemen have already begun to ride for their judgments are light compared to the horrible judgments that come after the 5th seal.

Matthew 24: 32-35

“Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will not certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.â€

Mark 13: 28-29

“Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.â€

Luke 21: 29-33

He (Jesus) told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.
I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.â€

" How many times can the four horse -men, trample a fig into the ground?
Yes' n How many eyes must one man have to see we 'll all still be around?
Yes' n , how many times must we shout 'He's coming soon'
Before we can learn to read? The simple words Jesus said
When he promised to raise the dead
The answer is there for you and me"

ugmug, I believe the 4 horseman are Jesus, and the first 4 seals were opened a long time ago. These are the things that I have noticed about the 4 seals in my bible studies. One of the things that stood out the most to me was the use of the number 2 in these passages. If you study the bible a lot, you will notice the number 2 is very often associated with Jesus: first coming, second coming, Jesus the Word of God, old testament, new testament.

Rev 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 things John did:
I saw
I heard

2 things John was told to do:
Come
See

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
2 things John saw:
White horse
Rider

2 things the rider has:
Bow - rainbow
Crown - victory

Bow = God's covenant with the earth. Jesus is the reason the earth wont be destroyed by a flood again.
Gen_9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Why did Israel give Joseph a coat of many colors? Because Joseph is a shadow of Jesus. The coat of many colors represents the rainbow.
Gen 37:3 Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours.

2 things the rider went forth to do:
Conquering
To conquer
When Jesus died on the cross on the feast of Passover, he went forth conquering sin and death and many other things, but all was not conquered in his death, Jesus does 6 more things (6 feasts and 6 seals) to conquer all things.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Also the exact phrase "white horse" is found 2 times in the bible.

First coming.
Rev_6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Second coming.
Rev_19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war

The other 3 seals follow this same pattern.

You know what? A lot of people will be following the first horseman thinking that is Christ. But we know the beast will be a FALSE Christ deceiving the masses.

Can you prove from scripture that the first horseman is not Jesus?

Remember what Jesus said:

Psa_40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me

Not Antichrist.

the white horseman that conquers. that is jesus.

Depends on what you use to interpret the four horsemen...

Rev 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Rev 6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Rev 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Rev 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

It appears to me from this, that the first seal is religious deception. Notice in Rev 6:2 that this guy on the white horse has a bow? Now notice...

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

What happened to the bow? He has the Sword of the Word of God (comes out of His mouth) and a rod of iron. We've seen that somewhere else before, haven't we?

Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

i dont believe in modern dipsy , but i will have to look at those horse again as they are in zechariah and revalaton and are the same in meanings.

You know what? A lot of people will be following the first horseman thinking that is Christ. But we know the beast will be a FALSE Christ deceiving the masses.

the Dome of the Rock, Islamic mosque built 691 in Jerusalem

Death of the prophet Muhammad. Ever since he had received his first visions in 610, the new religion of Islam had grown remarkably quickly. By 622, Islam had so disturbed the authorities in Mecca that Muhammad and his followers were forced to flee in the Hijra to Medina. But they returned just seven years later and captured Mecca. Over the next 100 years, Muslim armies would conquer most of the Middle East, North Africa, and Spain.
The apocalyptic significance of the rise of Islam is twofold. Growing partly out of Judeo-Christian monotheism, Islam quickly developed its own rich apocalyptic tradition. And its formidable empire--which included control of Jerusalem--put it on a collision course with Christianity, which would cast Muslims in the role of the Antichrist for centuries to come.

Rev. 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb [Rev 5:5] opened one of the (seven) seals (of scripture, as if) I heard, as it were (a massive congregation of peoples), the noise of thunder, (the masses in the Arab world beyond Rome), one of the four beasts (the gospel of Matthew: [Matt. 24:15]), saying, Come and see (the abomination that will make the Temple desolate: [Dan 12:11-12]).

Rev. 6:2 And I saw, and behold (in 622 AD; Anno Hegirae) a white horse, (a page of history yet unwritten speeding to its fulfillment: [Symbolic Dictionary]):
and he that sat on him, (Mohammed), had a bow (to send far and broad his message: [see Symbolic Dictionary]); and, a crown [Dan 7:8] (of the prophet) was given unto him: and he went forth (proselytizing), and to conquer (beginning in Mecca and Medina, 630 AD).

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, (beginning with the Edict of Toleration in 313 AD) and by our gathering together (at the Council of Nicaea in 325, which fully legalized and then legitimized Christianity in the Empire for the first time), unto him (in the Holy Roman, Catholic, Apostolic Church ordered by Theodocius), that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by (thoughts in the) spirit of mind, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day, (Second Coming, 2K25,) of Christ, is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except (in the first coming in The Church of Rome, 325 AD), there come a falling away (in the 14th century Renaissance) first, and (second), that man of sin, (ABU BAKR (r. 632-34 AD), be revealed, the son of perdition, (Mohammed's Allah), who opposeth (Christ) and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth (in the Mosque of Omar), in the (site of the Holy Place within the) temple of God, shewing himself that he, (Allah, of the sword) is God."

i dont believe in modern dipsy , but i will have to look at those horse again as they are in zechariah and revalaton and are the same in meanings.

The four horse in Zechariah also symbolize the four Social Forces, each one of the four Social Groups.

Zech. 1:8 I saw by night, (in the semi-consciousness of sleep) and behold a man riding upon a red horse, and he stood (as it seemed to me) among the myrtle trees (of my Intuition: [symbolic of Venus, Goddess of Woman]: see American College Dictionary) that were in the bottom (of my sevenfold psyche); and behind him were there red horses (of the religious Crowds; [Rev 6: 4]), speckled (horses of secular edicated people, the Intergrated Group,: [Rev 6:8]) and white (horses of the Social Masses:[Rev 6:2]).

Zech. 1:9 Then said I, O my lord, (YHVH), what are these?
And the angel that talked with me, (the angel-like figment of this pscyhic experience), said unto me, I will show thee what these be.

Zech. 1:10 And the man, (the angel-like figment of this pscyhic experience) that stood among the myrtle trees, (symbolic of Venus, Goddess of Woman: see American College Dictionary), answered and said, These are they, (the horses: [Rev 6:2-8; Zech 6:1-3]) whom the LORD hath sent to walk to and fro through the earth, (the four Social Groups in every society, the Red symbolizing a Religious Institution of one sort or another found in all).

I'm sorry. I've tried to ignore this stuff but the boundless speculation that is happening here is simply ridiculous.

Look, I'm only going to post this once: everything in the book of Revelation needs to be viewed in the context of these words...

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near. Revelation 1:1-3 (NASB)

John was not writing to people living 2,000+ years after the fact! He was writing to the seven churches of Asia (what we now call central Turkey). The vision he has of the Four Horsemen, therefore, is a vision of things that have both happened, are happening, and will soon happen, not to us: to those living at the time he wrote this!

Now, these four horsemen represent judgment coming upon the land.

In my view, the first horseman is not Christ but the Holy Spirit!

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. John 16:7-11 (ESV)

Put Revelation 6 in context with revelation 5: Jesus Himself - the "lamb that was slain" is opening the seals and releasing (sending) these spirits (that's what they are) into the world! The first He releases (sends) after ascending to the Father is the Holy Spirit, which sets in motion all the other things Christ prophesied during His earthly ministry (Matthew 21-25, Luke 11, 13, 17, 19, 21).

The other spirits that are released for the purpose of judgment are war (red horse), famine (black horse) and plague, death, and the grave (pale horse).

Every one of these judgments - beginning with the sending of the Holy Spirit - began to fall on apostate Jerusalem within the generation Jesus said that they would, culminating in Jerusalem's destruction by the Romans in 70 AD!

The book of Revelation can be broken down into three parts: the persecution of the church (chapters 1-7), the judgment of God falling upon Jerusalem (the "harlot" chapters 8-20), and the rise of Christ's new bride, His church as that which "heals the nations" (chapters 21-22).

Beyond that, nothing else to write. I'm done. Peace. Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry. I've tried to ignore this stuff but the boundless speculation that is happening here is simply ridiculous.

Look, I'm only going to post this once: everything in the book of Revelation needs to be viewed in the context of these words...

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near. Revelation 1:1-3 (NASB)

John was not writing to people living 2,000+ years after the fact! He was writing to the seven churches of Asia (what we now call central Turkey). The vision he has of the Four Horsemen, therefore, is a vision of things that have both happened, are happening, and will soon happen, not to us: to those living at the time he wrote this!

Now, these four horsemen represent judgment coming upon the land.

In my view, the first horseman is not Christ but the Holy Spirit!

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. John 16:7-11 (ESV)

Put Revelation 6 in context with revelation 5: Jesus Himself - the "lamb that was slain" is opening the seals and releasing (sending) these spirits (that's what they are) into the world! The first He releases (sends) after ascending to the Father is the Holy Spirit, which sets in motion all the other things Christ prophesied during His earthly ministry (Matthew 21-25, Luke 11, 13, 17, 19, 21).

The other spirits that are released for the purpose of judgment are war (red horse), famine (black horse) and plague, death, and the grave (pale horse).

Every one of these judgments - beginning with the sending of the Holy Spirit - began to fall on apostate Jerusalem within the generation Jesus said that they would, culminating in Jerusalem's destruction by the Romans in 70 AD!

The book of Revelation can be broken down into three parts: the persecution of the church (chapters 1-7), the judgment of God falling upon Jerusalem (the "harlot" chapters 8-20), and the rise of Christ's new bride, His church as that which "heals the nations" (chapters 21-22).

Beyond that, nothing else to write. I'm done. Peace. Out.

Hi Storm again, I would draw you to the fact that your thinking of the Four horsemen is not congruent with the majority of biblical scholars. You indicate in the start of your post, " the things that must soon take place....
Jesus himself said that he is coming soon, we are now 2000 years down the road.
You seem to have an exclusivity to you understanding of scripture such as
" I am only going say say this once", as if too say I am school master, take heed lest you be eternally stupid.
And yet the bible says for us to test all things, to be in community, to be accountable.
I agree you have teaching gift and probably many other such as church leadership.

The first horseman.

Revelations 6

6 Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” 2 I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

This horseman was given a crown, Jesus has many crowns.

This horseman has a bow, Jesus has a sword.

This horseman was sent out to conquer.

This horseman was given the crown, Jesus has the crowns.

Please do not neglect the other three horseman.

So many people only define the first horseman.

I would draw you to the fact that your thinking of the Four horsemen is not congruent with the majority of biblical scholars.
And again, I don't care what the majority of Biblical scholars believe about this. Appeals to the authority of the majority do not a logical argument make.

Truth is truth whether the majority of people recognize it or not.

You seem to have an exclusivity to you understanding of scripture such as " I am only going say say this once", as if too say I am school master, take heed lest you be eternally stupid.
Your words, not mine.

But if the shoe fits...

I agree you have teaching gift and probably many other such as church leadership.

I wouldn't be caught dead trying to teach people in any evangelical church today. If the attitude of most church people toward learning is represented here, it would be a huge waste of my time.

And I've done my share of church boards and committees. No more.

Hello stormcrow.

You keep using the phrase "apostate Israel".

Apostate means to defect from, fall from.

Paul states that Israel was of the old covenant.

Read the following;

Galatians 4
24 This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants:
one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves;
she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds
to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.

So how can Israel be apostate, Israel was never
within the confines of the new covenant.

Therefore, Israel could never be apostate. They
could not lose it, they never had it in the first place.

Apostate?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back