Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Geologic Column

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Actually its severeal books compiled together over thousands of years and was edited together by a collective known as the Nicean creed where books were removed or added to unify a fragmented belief system for the the then freshly sanctioned Church.

Its more of a compendium of sever different types of text. History, parable, philosophy, poetry, history, laws, etc.

Yes, I also work on them for a living. Yes because computers are a combination of differnt software, hardware, and purposes. I have learned how to use certain software partly on manuals, but how to do some of the greater aspects of coding, tutorials, and repair I had to learn through trial and error. Mainly because the manuals don't tell you everything.

Actually the Bible is very vague on most things. The Bible doesn't explain a lot of things. The Bible isn't nitty gritty on a lot of details and tends to just be a summary of generic concepts and topics. The laws in the Bible are by no means complete or all encompassing as why courts exist and why countless hours of study is delved to understand how society works. Its a limited collection of books with limited information.

According the original story, there was really no way for them to follow the instructions. The concept of good and evil, right and wrong didn't exist in them until they ate of the fruit. The story has a massive plot hole/paradox right in the middle of it. The fruit and the command are symbols for story telling. Fruit equals curiosity, Adam and Eve equal Men and Women, the serpent represents our drive to curiosity at all Costs, and God is a representation of authority/ consequence. As a fable the story works, but considered to be a real event it starts to create a tons of plot holes and inconsistencies.

Or we get innovations on how to streamline software, new software, games, expanded uses for the computer, diversity in interfaces, new operating systems, and new hardware.

I'll tell you what Jesus told Nicodemus in..

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

You will never see Gods kingdom without being born again, ask any Christian..

tob

You said it alright don't try and deny it.. ask Gods forgiveness and don't waste any time

Nope. You said, it. And it's quite wrong. We didn't evolve from monkeys. You were the one talking about bloodlines. I said nothing about it, but to point out that you were wrong.

Last edited:
This is but one of your statements...the other may have been deleted..

"Jesus, in becoming man, assumed the body of an evolved ape"

Need i remind you you are on a Christian site.. Jesus Christ is the King Of Kings and Lord of Lords

tob

This is but one of your statements...the other may have been deleted..

Nope. I never said that. You just made that up. For reasons we all understand. We didn't evolve from monkeys. You were the one talking about bloodlines. I said nothing about it, but to point out that you were wrong.

Need I remind you you are on a Christian site? Jesus Christ is the King Of Kings and Lord of Lords. Be honest. At least one mod here objects to you even talking about it. So hijacking this thread to do so is probably not a wise move. Learn from it, and move on.

In your quest to be right 100% of the time no matter what the cost i shall move on before i or someone else causes you to keep saying things you'll regret for all eternity.. If a mod objects I'm sure they'll let me know, if you can't find that statement you made just go through your warnings, its there somewhere..

tob

Nope. Go back and look. Never said that. You just made it up. Others said it. But I didn't. Never said anything about bloodlines at all. Have some respect for God.

i shall move on

Wise move. Too bad you didn't think of that before you made a false accusation.

Your comments are all over these boards..

Barbarian said: "Humans aren't monkeys, BTW. We're apes."

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Your telling everyone that he became an ape to save us, this is from one of your statements, there are more..

tob

The member that created this thread has gone somewhere else, maybe a mod could close it as i believe it has gone far afield from its original content...

Thanks.

tob

*edit: and its making me sick at my stomach..

tob, that is Barbarians's view you both are fantastic members of this board, sometimes members will clash I know I have, but let's try to get along even if our views are different. You both are important here.

Your comments are all over these boards..

But you can't find even one case where I said what you claimed I did, can you?

Barbarian said: "Humans aren't monkeys, BTW. We're apes."

True, enough, but of course that's not what you claimed I said. Humans are considered apes because humans and chimps are more genetically alike than either is to other apes.

The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɨdiː/), also known as great apes,form a taxonomic family of primates, including four extant genera: the chimpanzees (Pan) with 2 species; gorillas (Gorilla) with 2 species; humans (Homo) with 1 species; and orangutans (Pongo) with 2 species.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

Barbarian said:
No, it makes a man out of Him. Or rather, He made a man out of Him. For God, assuming the being of any created thing is the point, not which created thing.

Humans aren't monkeys, BTW. We're apes.

The difference is that we are apes with immortal souls and the ability to know good and evil. It was in our knowing this, but being unable to be truly good, that estranged us from God. And that is why He became one of us, and gave us a way to salvation.

http://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/wrong.58490/page-6

evolution is an attempt to make a monkey out of God "ape as you put it" Jesus didn't become an ape to save us Barbarian an ape is a beast..

That's just one post there are more, many more that contradict Gods word, all flesh is not the same flesh but you don't believe it instead you believe what science has told you..

tob

evolution is an attempt to make a monkey out of God "

Nope. It's God's way of making humans out of apes. If you'd set your pride aside, and let it be His way, you'd realize that this is no more disturbing than being made from mud (which is ultimately from where all life comes). Trust Him and let it be His way

Jesus didn't become an ape to save us Barbarian an ape is a beast..

We are animals, like the others, except God was pleased to give us an immortal soul and a mind capable of understanding good and evil.

Again, you've declined to support your accusation. Why not just admit that I didn't say what you claimed I said?

God says all living things came from the Earth. Accept it, and you won't find it upsetting any more.

See there your science books are wrong again, every seed has its own body unless you disagree with Gods word..

I Corinthians 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

Jesus is not a beast Barbarian

All flesh is not the same flesh..

tob

*edit: evolution is a religion

*edit II: maybe this should be moved to.. Christianity-Other-Religions?

http://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?forums/christianity-other-religions.14/

Last edited:
Perhaps if you were a little more confident in your beliefs, you wouldn't be so frantically upset to learn that other Christians don't believe everything you do. If you have to change what I said to make your point, maybe that's why.

Wouldn't hurt to reflect on that for a bit. Think about it.

Reflect on Gods word Barbarian and we'll all feel much better

I Corinthians 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

tob

All this, other Christians agree with you. Where you differ is in rejecting the way He made it so.

No as a matter of fact humanists philosophers agnostics atheists and scientists have been trying to make a monkey out of Jesus for quite some time.. You probably were already aware of this maybe not? i found this interesting evolution stems from a pagan religion..

As for ‘modern’ evolutionary theory, anthropologist Henry Fairfield Osborn, longtime director of the American Museum of Natural History reveals that Darwin is not its’ originator but rather ancient pagans are. In the introduction to his history of evolutionism Osborn wrote:

“When I began the search for anticipations of the evolutionary theory….I was led back to the Greek natural philosophers and I was astonished to find how many of the pronounced and basic features of the Darwinian theory were anticipated even as far back as the seventh century B.C.” (Osborn, From the Greeks to Darwin, p. xi)

In “Against the Heathen,” early Church Father Athanasius reveals that pride and haughtiness preceded man’s fall into idolatry and paganism. A haughty spirit led them to make light of higher things, and deliberately disregarding what they knew to be true they began to seek in preference things in the lower or natural dimension. Thus they fell into worship of self, sexual pleasures and acquisition of status and things to the living God and higher things.

http://www.thelandofthefree.net/con...on-of-evolution-and-the-coming-of-antichrist/

tob

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back