Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The God And Father Of Jesus

S

Squeakybro

THE GOD AND FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST
Rom 15:5-6
5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Cor 1:2-3
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
2 Cor 11:31
31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
Gal 1:3-5
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Eph 1:3-4
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
Eph 4:6
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Phil 4:19-20
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Col 1:3-5
3 We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;
5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
Rev 3:12-13
12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
13 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
(NKJ)
XXXX The God and Father of Jesus Christ. Jesus tells us that He and we have the very same God and Father. And that the Father is the only true God.

My favorite scripture about The Father and The Son

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

The Gospel of St. John
(kjv)

John begins his Gospel by speaking about the Word but he does not explain at first who or what the Word is. A word is a unit of speech by which we express ourselves to others. But John is not writing about speech but rather about a Person. That Person is the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. God has fully expressed Himself to mankind in the Person of the Lord Jesus. By coming into the world, Christ has perfectly revealed to us what God is like. By dying for us on the cross, He has told us how much God loves us. Thus Christ is Gods living Word to man, the expression of Gods thoughts.

1:1 In the beginning was the Word. He did not have a beginning Himself, but existed from all eternity. As far as the human mind can go back, the Lord Jesus was there. He never was created. He had no beginning. (A genealogy would be out of place in this Gospel of the Son of God.) The Word was with God. He had a separate and distinct personality. He was not just an idea, a thought, or some vague kind of example, but a real Person who lived with God. The Word was God. He not only dwelt with God, but He Himself was God.

The Bible teaches that there is one God and that there are three Persons in the Godheadthe Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All three of these Persons are God. In this verse, two of the Persons of the Godhead are mentionedGod the Father and God the Son. It is the first of many clear statements in this Gospel that JesusChrist isGod. It is not enough to say that He is a god,that He is godlike, or that He is divine. The Bible teaches that He is God.

1:2 Verse 2 would appear to be a mere repetition of what has been said, but actually it is not. This verse teaches that Christs personality and deity were without beginning. He did not become a person for the first time as the Babe of Bethlehem. Nor did He somehow become a god after His resurrection, as some teach today. He is God from all eternity.

1:3 All things were made through Him. He Himself was not a created being; rather He was the Creator of all things. This includes mankind, the animals, the heavenly planets, the angels all things visible and invisible. Without Him nothing was made that was made. There can be no possible exception. If a thing was made, He made it. As Creator, He is, of course, superior to anything He has created. All three Persons of the Godhead were involved in the work of creation: God created the heavens and the earth(Gen. 1:1). The Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters(Gen. 1:2). All things were created through Him (Christ) and for Him(Col. 1:16b).

1:4 In Him was life. This does not simply mean that He possessed life, but that He was and is the source of life. The word here includes both physical and spiritual life. When we were born, we received physical life. When we are born again, we receive spiritual life. Both come from Him.

The life was the light of men. The same One who supplied us with life is also the light of men. He provides the guidance and direction necessary for man. It is one thing to exist, but quite another to know how to live, to know the true purpose of life, and to know the way to heaven. The same One who gave us life is the One who provides us with light for the pathway we travel.

There are seven wonderful titles of our Lord Jesus Christ in this opening chapter of the Gospel. He is called (1) the Word (vv. 1, 14); (2) the Light (vv. 5, 7); (3) the Lamb of God (vv. 29, 36); (4) the Son of God (vv. 34, 49); (5) the Christ (Messiah) (v. 41); (6) the King of Israel (v. 49); and (7) the Son of Man (v. 51). The first four titles, each of which is mentioned at least twice, seem to be universal in application. The last three titles, each of which is mentioned only once, had their first application to Israel, Gods ancient people.

1:5 The light shines in the darkness. The entrance of sin brought darkness to the minds of men. It plunged the world into darkness in the sense that men in general neither knew God nor wanted to know Him. Into this darkness the Lord Jesus camea light shining in a dark place.

The darkness did not comprehend it. This may mean that the darkness did not understand the Lord Jesus when He came into the world. Men did not realize who He really was, or why He had come. Another meaning, however, is given in the NKJV New King James Version margin: the darkness did not overcome it. Then the thought would be that mans rejection and enmity did not prevent the true light from shining.

To read more click here.
http://www.pro4machineworks.com/The_doc ... S_GOD.html

To many confuse deception as understanding. This gets alot of people in trouble. If it doesnt say it in the Word we are not to add anything to the Word.

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro said:
To many confuse deception as understanding. This gets alot of people in trouble. If it doesnt say it in the Word we are not to add anything to the Word.

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeaks, John here: When 'one' talk of Christ/God/man, 'one' needs to make sure of the time/frame that they are considering. If one consciously uses the wrong side of the 'BIRTH' of the Son of God, they are doing what you have posted from in Revelation 22:18-20. :sad'ly!
(edited by me! :wink: )

Time frame is a deception. What we need to do is find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. And He only quotes verses.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro said:
Time frame is a deception. What we need to do is find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. And He only quotes verses.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

:o

After one goes through the three years of the milk understanding they find the Holy Spirit. Then the Spirit takes them through the eleven years of the meat understanding and they come to the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of. I have received over 1500 of these revelations in the past 15 years. That is what I am sharing the revelations that I received from the Holy Spirit.

Squeakybro said:
After one goes through the three years of the milk understanding they find the Holy Spirit. Then the Spirit takes them through the eleven years of the meat understanding and they come to the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of. I have received over 1500 of these revelations in the past 15 years. That is what I am sharing the revelations that I received from the Holy Spirit.
Show Scripture to back up this outlandish claim that the Spirit works in such timeframes. If you can't please spare us the false claims you make.

vic its apparent that you havent went into the meat yet. But as you ask I will not only show you verses I will show you the revelations on them. Now I cant show you all 1500 revelations that would eat up the board.

I think he is only asking for your revelation on the "milk" and "meat" timeframe concept that you have. The thing is that the verses must line up with your revelation, otherwise the revelation is one of falsehood.

The thing is though, we have been through this numerous times, and as of yet you have not come forth with scriptural evidence. Until you do please refrain from filling the board with unproven claims.

Wasn't it you who gave support with a website who also claimed that swarzteneger was the antichrist?

Squeakybro said:

Is your name david koresh
I feel like I have met or heard of you?

Squeakybro said:
vic its apparent that you havent went into the meat yet. But as you ask I will not only show you verses I will show you the revelations on them. Now I cant show you all 1500 revelations that would eat up the board.

Hay Vic, did you get that!? :wink: Wow! the 'post' knows your 'mind' even huh?? :fadein:

By the way, has anyone got any 'oil' for Squeaks? (Holy Oil)

First: Revelation 17:5
Then: Tradition
Then: The Arm of Flesh
And Now: Squeaks
Where does all the "Winds" of false doctrine stop? See Jude 1:10-13 :sad

---John

PS: Let me add this.. (see Matthew 18:13-18)

Squeakybro

Replies: 75
Views: 1117
Forum: Bible Study Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:25 am Subject: Trinity
you said
Squeakybro, are you a Jehovah's Witness?

I said
No I'm not. I'm just a christian. I am not affiliated with any denomination.

Squeakybro said:
I didn't ask for your "revelations" nor did I ask for your opinion of me, which means zero, btw, I asked for Scripture. Please provide and if you can't provide scripture that specifically addresses what you claim, don't waste our time please. Thank you.

KnarfKS said:
I think he is only asking for your revelation on the "milk" and "meat" timeframe concept that you have. The thing is that the verses must line up with your revelation, otherwise the revelation is one of falsehood.

The thing is though, we have been through this numerous times, and as of yet you have not come forth with scriptural evidence. Until you do please refrain from filling the board with unproven claims.

Wasn't it you who gave support with a website who also claimed that swarzteneger was the antichrist?

I said
But I have posted it before.

Gal 1:18
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:1
1 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.
(NKJ)

:o I see verses, but no revelation by Paul "carving in stone" the timeframe you have imposed on believers. Just as it is true that we are not to add to God's Word, you have gone and done so yourself. :o

vic said:
:o I see verses, but no revelation by Paul "carving in stone" the timeframe you have imposed on believers. Just as it is true that we are not to add to God's Word, you have gone and done so yourself. :o

Not only that Victor, but the post said that he belongs to no organized 'fold'. Ephesians 4:5, John 10:16 or Revelation 18:4, + Matthew 18:13-18!! Where in the Masters Word can we ever find God speaking through a 'loose cannon'??? (other than heavens original rebellion :o ) Looks just like the forbidden tree caper to me! :sad

No offence implied, just truthful facts as 'i' see them.

---John

Squeaky wheel is another pawn placed here by the the evil one on this forum to
try and create confusion, division and strife.
Well maybe not, he has recieved over 1500 revelations :-D

vic said:

I said
Lets face it all you can do is testify to what you have learned. And all I can do is testify to what I have learned. Maybe you could be helpful. Just show me your revelations and then I can compare them to mine. Being that judgmental I'm sure you must be further down your walk than I am.

John the Baptist said:
vic said:

Not only that Victor, but the post said that he belongs to no organized 'fold'. Ephesians 4:5, John 10:16 or Revelation 18:4, + Matthew 18:13-18!! Where in the Masters Word can we ever find God speaking through a 'loose cannon'??? (other than heavens original rebellion :o ) Looks just like the forbidden tree caper to me! :sad

No offence implied, just truthful facts as 'i' see them.

---John

I said
I'm surprized that you havent read the story of Paul. He was that loose canon as you call it.

Gal 1:10-12
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

Back