Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Last King of Babylon

KumiOri

I am certain the 4th kingdom has been biblically identified and I am convinced the 4th kingdom is a middle eastern country. But to fill the voids in history leading up to it, I too used old schools of thought to make it fit. I listened to the commentators of days gone by, I once believed the third kingdom to be Alexander's Greek Empire and like them, I believed it was the Greek kingdom which would bear rule over all the earth. Only lately, have I asked the questions where in God's word does it say Alexander the Great shall bear rule over the earth? Where is it written the Greek Empire will be the 3rd kingdom in Nebuchad-nezzar's dream? Some say Rome is the fourth kingdom because it followed the Greek. It is according to any high school history book true, but is it biblical?

"BEHOLD A GREAT IMAGE"

The Book of Daniel I believe gives us one of the most complete pictures of the Anti-Christ kingdom. In the beginning chapters we read King Nebuchad-nezzar dreamed dreams where with his spirit was troubled and he couldn't sleep. So troubled was the king he commanded his Magicians, Astrologers, Sorcerers, and Chaldeans to reveal the secret of the thing that had gone from him. But none of these men could tell the king what he had dreamed nor the interpretation of it. Unable to give him what he demanded they were to be put to death.

As the kings decree became known throughout the land, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah, and his companions desired to the mercies of the God of heaven concerning the secret. For God has the power to reveal it and He did so in a night vision (Daniel 2:19-23) note only afterwards did Daniel dare approach the king with the answer.

Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. Daniel 2:31-35

I think it imperative we must understand that following every dream or vision in the Book of Daniel is an interpretation originating from none other than the God of Heaven Himself. The common school of thought in the commentaries I've read describes a portion verses 31-35 as Greek and Roman. But after searching the scriptures to see if these things are so I find a grievous problem. What is written in those verses is only a description of that thing which had gone from king Nebuchad-nezzar, the dream itself! Absolutely nothing has been left to our imagination or reason! Daniel and his companions have already inquired of God concerning both of king Nebuchad-nezzer’s questions namely what was it he had dreamed AND the interpretation thereof.

This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. Daniel 2:36 Need you add more?

"THOU ART THIS HEAD OF GOLD"

Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Daniel 2:37 thru 44

Based upon God's interpretation contained above (verses 37 thru 44). If we must name the first kingdom it is Babylon as it is said Nebuchad-nezzar reigned as king. The next two kingdoms seem to have very little information about them, or do they?

From what information I can gather about the second kingdom, it was said to be inferior to the first. One would think of Belshazzar as he is the second "king of Babylon" written of in the Book of Daniel. There is no evidence in this or other books of the bible to suggest that he was ever held in as high regard as his predecessor. He had what appeared to be a much less stately manner about him as we read of the party he threw for his pleasure using the temple instruments. Belshazzar also had not a humble heart (Daniel 5:22-23). Which leads me to believe that it was not the size of his kingdom's border that mattered rather it was because of his heart and behavior he was considered inferior to his father king Nebuchad-nezzar.

Now we come to the third kingdom. I find this very interesting, comparing it to other scripture, it appears to be identical to king Nebuchad-nezzar's in that it too will bear rule over all the earth. Using scripture as the sole commentator and interpreter, there is, to the best of my knowledge, only one other king ever written of in the bible to be specifically granted such power and title. This was not granted by men, as some do, giving it to Alexander the Great and his Grecian Empire nor even to Titus and Vespasian. No-no! This authority was granted in writing by the God of Heaven Himself. After I read Ezra 1:1-2, it seems the identity of the third kingdom is that of Cyrus king of Persia, this same Cyrus also known as the "king of Babylon" (Ezra 5:13). It is king Cyrus to whom God quite clearly gave this authority to not Alexander.

Now we have the names of three kings; one Chaldean specifically granted rule over all the kingdoms of earth, another given the same kingdom though he is considered inferior. Then one Persian whom God granted rule over all the kingdoms of earth. All three of these men are known scripturally in their own time as "king of geographical Babylon". Reading Daniel 11:2, I find four more, though unnamed, kings will rise up from Persia, and if my math is correct this will so far total seven kings written in the Book of Daniel. Consider then that if the first three kings were known as kings of Babylon wouldn't it be acceptable to consider the next four would hold the same title or somehow be associated with her too? Note the four kings rise up from Persia not Rome or Greece and in Revelation 17 we see there is diffenetly a relationship seen between the city of Babylon and seven kings.

And here (is) the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings five are fallen, and one is, (and) the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was , and is not, even he is the eight, and is of the seven, and go into perdition. Revelation 17:9 -11.

Is this enough scriptural support and wisdom to finally understand where the last king of Babylon will reign? I contend he, the eighth king in Revelation 17:10 is of the seven. Like the seven kings before him this "vile king" will not reign in Washington D.C., Ankara, Rome or Moscow. No, he may actually be the last king of physical Babylon before her final and devastating destruction. However that would then lead one to believe the great city must be rebuilt. Maybe maybe not but one can look too at the history of the United States and its allies. Since the debacle after WWI in the aftermath of war they have had a tendency to rebuild defeated nations. There are even some news articles which may indicate to some extent it will happen, time will tell, God's will be done.

In Daniel chapter 8. We are told of something happening "at the appointed time the end shall be" which I think begins with a battle between the Madi and Persian kings and that of the king of Javan. We read here the speed and ferocity with which Javan comes against and prevails against these middle eastern kings who stirred up all against his realm. After the horn of Javan is broken we see four notable horns appear. Then when the "time of the transgressors have come full" a little horn rises up.

In Daniel chapter 11 we are told it is the seventh king to rise up from Persia who will stir up all against the realm of Javan. And it appears to be speaking of the same battle described in chapter 8. However, in chapter 11 what we now have in greater detail is the time between the aftermath of that battle and the little horn. A period of time I think I could safely refer to as 'the time of the transgressors'. We see the rise, conflicts, and fall of the fourth kingdom culminating in the death of the vile king. I find it interesting too that unlike the demise of Gog, this "vile king" seems to just fizzle out. It could be we are told that Babylon is to punished and that it may be Gog who does this. After which he falls upon the mountains of Israel. Which I believe happens AFTER the chosen have been called out of Babylon and other nations and they go to Zion.

Now when we read Revelation 17:10, which is thought to have given to John around 81 and 90 A.D. The sixth king the 'one is' was known as a Parthian and if I am not mistaken is Persian by another name. Though Im not sure what Parthian king in particular was reigning during this 9 year time frame. It most certainly rules out all together Rome and or Trajan as neither had any direct physical influence on Babylon until much later. Reading on we are then told the seventh king to rise up in Persia had not come yet. When he does we can know Alexander has long since been dead and buried just as Rome and Trajan will have been, so I think the focus remains again on Persian, particularly the great city Babylon.

Considering todays events in that region of the world is it possible we are now living at the appointed time of the end? Are we witnessing the realm of Javan in action in the middle east? Forces from the United States, Poland, Germany, Italy, Greece, France, Britain and other lands where the tribes of Javan are thought to have migrated (see Genesis 10 and the Table of Nations). Javan now after a battle having a direct influence in that region making it part of his kingdom by standing up rulers friendly to him. Later when Javan's horn is broken will we see four notable kings and the 4th kingdom rise and eventually culminating in the little horn?

Finally we come to the fourth kingdom, This rises in the aftermath of Javan's horn being broken. Like the others it has no name given to it either but by searching the scriptures we can find those details out. But here our attention should be drawn to the incredibly detailed description. Revealing possibly a number of kings represented by the number of toes and most certainly its nature and the time of its existence.

Leaning solely on my God's interpretation, I find it is made of iron. Iron here simply stated represents strength, as this kingdom will be able to 'break into pieces and subdue all things and bruise'. In verse 41 we read the feet and toes are made of part potters clay and part iron. This interpreted in verse 42-43 tells us the 4th kingdom will not only have the strength of iron but it will also be divided. Now most romanist commentators have expressed the word 'divided' to mean an arithmetical division such as when the late Roman empire was divided out of necessity for survival around 365 A.D. into two, an eastern and western region each with it's own capital but still a Roman empire. Or as some even say the feet represent a fifth kingdom we must remind them God specifically numbered them one thru four.

But again, when I compare scripture with scripture I find when God speaks of a divided kingdom it appears to mean (1) to disunite in opinion or interest; to make discordant. He gives several examples of a 'divided' kingdom and it's end; If a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom can not stand, Mark 3:2; Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand, Matthew 12:25; Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth, Luke 11:15.b. As we read further we see this fourth kingdom falling to its demise, when the stone cut without hands strikes it.

((1) Webster's 1828 Dictionary)

And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. This I have trouble with and I'm not certain what it means it is obviously describing the people of the fourth kingdom. Possibly meaning they dwell with us, they may even be your neighbor but will keep themselves separate from the rest of us by reason of faith, business or politics. But honestly, that sounds too much like the "red menace" and McCarthyism. Another idea, I favor greatly, is they give in marriage causing their seed to mingle between the families of different tribes or nations within the fourth kingdom. Unfortunately their nature still prevents them from being united or having love for one another. This at least re-enforces the idea and interpretation of a divided, disunited and discordant 4th kingdom or house. And it seems in keeping with those problems only a house divided such as the 4th kingdom will have (Daniel 11:6-7).

Regarding the time of it's existence I think is obvious and straight forward when the fourth kingdom will be in existence, when God returns to establish His kingdom "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom,..." .

You may have questions I hope to have answers.

Peace

From my understanding,All four of Daniels beasts ,that is all four kingdoms rise in the middle east and the fourth kingdom is a devided kingdom.When I say devided,I mean it is indeed devided.Take a look at this video map and notice the kingdoms as they have risen and fallen.My line of thinking goes alittle like this.

http://www.mapsofwar.com/ind/imperial-history.html

Beasty#1
Babylon
Daniel 7;4
The first was like a lion,and had eagle's wings;I beheld till the wings therof were plucked,and it was lifted up from the earth,and made to stand upon the feet as a man,and a man's heart was given to it.

Beasty#2
Persia
Daniel 7;5
And behold another beast,a second,like to a bear,and it raised up itself on one side,and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it;and they said thus unto it,Arise,devour much flesh.

Beasty#3
Sassanid,Caliphate,Seljuk and Salidin
Daniel 7;6
After this I beheld,and lo another,like a leopard,which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl;the beast had also four heads;and dominion was given to it.

And heres the moment weve all been waiting for.
Beasty#4
Independent muslim states.
Daniel 7;7
After this I saw in the night visions,and behold a forth beast,dreadful and terrible and strong exeedingly;and it had great iron teeth;it devoured and brake in pieces,and stamped the residue with the feet of it;and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it;and it had ten horns.

The little horn which is diverse from the others is right there amoung them just as the scripture says he would .As of now he reigns over the seven hilled city of Jerusalem.If you have any questions,I hope I can answer them for you.

KumiOri said:
From what information I can gather about the second kingdom, it was said to be inferior to the first. One would think of Belshazzar as he is the second "king of Babylon" written of in the Book of Daniel. There is no evidence in this or other books of the bible to suggest that he was ever held in as high regard as his predecessor. He had what appeared to be a much less stately manner about him as we read of the party he threw for his pleasure using the temple instruments. Belshazzar also had not a humble heart (Daniel 5:22-23). Which leads me to believe that it was not the size of his kingdom's border that mattered rather it was because of his heart and behavior he was considered inferior to his father king Nebuchad-nezzar.
:study If you do a little studying you shall find that Belshazzar was never the actual king of Babylon, but only second in rank as a co-regent with his immediate father. This is why he could only make Daniel 'the third ruler in the kingdom'.

Who then shall I believe? I have read God's written word, and in the book of Daniel Belshazzar is quite obviously referred to as the king of Babylon as found in Daniel chapter 7 verse one. At best I think one could argue Belshazzar may be another name for Evil-Murdoch whose father was king Nebuchad-nezzar (Daniel 5:18). It is also my understanding there were times it was customary for kings to take the names of others or even be referred to as another name in those days. Nothing conclusive but a possibility. Either way my support for a certain man named Belshazzar being a king a Babylon lies soley with Gods word.

The kings of Babylon according to the book of Daniel are as follows

1. king Nebuchad-nezzar bears rule over all the earth
2. king Belshazzar the inferior one I believe because of his stated actions and heart
3. king Cyrus (Daniel 6:28 states that he, Cyrus, reigned at the same time as Darius. In Ezra God gave Cyrus title king of Babylon and the authority over all the kingdoms of the earth not Darius or Alexander for that matter. Unlike Belshazzar, Nebuchad-nezzar or Cyrus; Darius is never referred to as a king of Babylon. Because of what we know from Ezra it then appears Darius is subservient to Cyrus king of Babylon which is why I do not include him in the list of seven kings.
Chapter 11 tells of four more kings to rise up in Persia this will total seven kings before the 8th and little horn.

Peace

KumiOri

Shilohsfoal,

Though I cannot find these kingdoms you have named in the Bible I think you are closer to recognizing the area of the 4th kingdom than many others here.

I'll be blunt I think Islam and the middle east will play a major role. Study Islamic eschatology and you may, like I have, find it is close in line, almost to the letter, with what Christ warned us about concerning the time of the end.

Peace

KumiOri

In Rev.13:2, we're told the beast there of 10 horns, 10 crowns and 7 heads "was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion:...". Then we're told the dragon gives it its power. That links the 4th kingdom of Daniel with that Rev.13 description.

In Daniel 8 kings of Persia, Media, and Grecia are mentioned. Per history, the kingdom of Babylon fell to Cyrus which represents the Medo-Persian empire. Then the Medo-Persian empire fell to Grecia by Alexander. And then the Roman empire conquered Grecia and the middleast. This is the reason why some see the Rev.13:1 beast as the old Roman empire, instead of a final kingdom for the end of days.

But there's something else about this 4th kingdom idea in Daniel. Daniel 7 links the 4th kingdom with the final one on earth when Christ sets up His everlasting Kingdom in place of it. It's because of the little horn that comes up among the 10 kings. Historically, that little horn among the 10 has not happened yet. Some try to say it was the end of the Roman empire and the establishing of a pope, but that doesn't fit the idea of a 'beast' kingdom like the leopard, bear, and lion.

The beast image in Daniel is made up of FIVE parts, which points to 5 beast kingdoms, the final one being connected to what the 4th beast kingdom was like (Roman empire). The beast image part of the feet of clay (ten toes) represents the final beast just prior to Christ's coming to establish His everlasting Kingdom on earth. I believe the Scripture is pointing to that one with the ten horns, ten crowns, and seven headed beast of Rev.13:1, and the "dragon" is the "little horn" fulfillment of it linked to the 5th beast kingdom of feet of iron mixed with clay. I believe Rev.13 has a dual prophetic pointer, one for the old Roman empire of "legs of iron", and also for the final beast kingdom over all the earth (building today) in the end of days when Christ returns with His saints to defeat it.

The last king of Babylon would point to the king mentioned in our Lord's Book of Revelation. The idea of Babylon in Revelation is metaphorically applied to the seat of the beast kingdom of Rev.13:1. It is given as the ruling city over the beast kingdom, and Rev.11:8 & 17 point it to Jerusalem in the last days.

There's several pointers to its king over it, who he will be, but it's a difficult truth for the majority to accept. In Rev.11 we're told God's "two witnesses" will be killed in end days Jerusalem, and it's the "beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit" that kills them there. We're told Abaddon and Apollyon are names for the king over the Rev.9 locust army, and that he is "the angel of the bottomless pit". In Rev.12:7-9 we're shown that the title "dragon" is another name for Satan, and that he and his angels are to be cast out of Heaven down to the earth to persecute the "woman" and the remnant of her seed which have the Testimony of Jesus Christ and keep His commandments. In Rev.13:11 we're told of the "another beast" who has horns like a lamb, but speaks as the dragon, and that he will work great wonders and miracles on earth in the sight of men, and will set up an image of the beast for all to bow down in worship to.

Rev.18 reveals the harlot city claiming she is no widow and sits a queen. It implies she is married to a king. That's another pointer to that same king of Rev.9 which is the angel of the bottemless pit, i.e., Satan himself. That's the "little horn", the beast king of Rev.17 that the ten kings will give their power to. It's not going to be a role that any flesh man can fulfill, but only meant for Satan himself. He's coming to this earth like God's Word forewarns in Rev.12:7-9.

veteran
The little horn is in the middle east today.It is a small kingdom.Very small.
Ask yourself who the promised land is promised to.
Pay attention to who the kingdom is given to and who it is taken from.

This is spoke of the little horn and his kingdom.
Daniel 7;26-27
But the judgment shall sit,and they shall take away his dominion,to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
And the kingdom and dominion,and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven,shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High,whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Can you hear this?
You understand that the saints are to inherit the kingdom of the little horn?
Now hear this.

Mt 8;11-12
And I say unto you,That many shall come from the east and west,and shall sit down with Abraham,and Issac,and Jacob,in the kingdom of heaven.
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness;there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Make no mistake about it.The saints shall inherit the promised land.Not that lieing devil that stakes claim to it now.

Shilohsfoal said:
veteran
The little horn is in the middle east today.It is a small kingdom.Very small.
Ask yourself who the promised land is promised to.
Pay attention to who the kingdom is given to and who it is taken from.

This is spoke of the little horn and his kingdom.
Daniel 7;26-27
But the judgment shall sit,and they shall take away his dominion,to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
And the kingdom and dominion,and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven,shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High,whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Can you hear this?
You understand that the saints are to inherit the kingdom of the little horn?
Now hear this.

Mt 8;11-12
And I say unto you,That many shall come from the east and west,and shall sit down with Abraham,and Issac,and Jacob,in the kingdom of heaven.
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness;there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Make no mistake about it.The saints shall inherit the promised land.Not that lieing devil that stakes claim to it now.

I agree the "little horn" will sit in the middleast, specifically in Jerusalem, but Jerusalem in a fallen condition. And that time has not yet come, for he won't appear there until the final beast kingdom which is to rule over all nations and peoples of the earth is finalized. This is why God will send His two witnesses to Jerusalem per Rev.11, in order to prophesy against it. They haven't appeared in Jerusalem yet either, as they are to be killed with their dead bodies left laying in the street, and all nations are to see their dead bodies, as written in Rev.11. When we begin to see those events in Jerusalem, especially when the two witnesses are killed by the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit, then we are to know that Christ's coming to destroy the beast and set up His everlasting kingdom is near.

Maybe you didnt understand what Im saying.The little horn is already in Jerusalem.
The little horn which is a small small kingdom calls itself Israel.
Perhaps you should look over all the things written of this little horn that now sits in the pleasant land as Daniel called it.Jews from all nations have wonderd after it.Its a strange thing how christians are taught how this beast shall reign over the entire world ,yet all the bible is focused on is the land promised to Christ .Its already there amoung the ten muslim countries.

The only thing that not in Jerusalem is the US embassy ,but it will be.

Shilohsfoal said:
Maybe you didnt understand what Im saying.The little horn is already in Jerusalem.
The little horn which is a small small kingdom calls itself Israel.
Perhaps you should look over all the things written of this little horn that now sits in the pleasant land as Daniel called it.Jews from all nations have wonderd after it.Its a strange thing how christians are taught how this beast shall reign over the entire world ,yet all the bible is focused on is the land promised to Christ .Its already there amoung the ten muslim countries.

The only thing that not in Jerusalem is the US embassy ,but it will be.

No, the "little horn" pattern from the Book of Daniel is about an ENTITY, not a whole nation.

Dan 7:20-26
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
(KJV)

Can't just change the grammar and tense of those Scriptures which explain the "little horn" is a man, a particular "he".

Now maybe you might find some ignorant people out there that would buy into such a theory as Israel being the "little horn", but I don't think it'll work with many here that know God's Word.

Shilohsfoal said:
No, the "little horn" pattern from the Book of Daniel is about an ENTITY, not a whole nation.

Dan 7:20-26
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
(KJV)

Who's dominion is it?, and whom are they that take it away?
Is it not the dominion of the ten kings? And, is it not that "other ten horns", ie "other people" who take it away from the ten kings?

Can't just omit what Revelation reveals about those ten kings, and the beast king that arises whom they give their power to, per Rev.17:8-13. Study in Daniel must be understood in relation to our Lord's Book of Revelation, especially since our Lord linked the beast kingdom idea from Daniel in Rev.13:2.

The old beast kingdoms of Daniel actually had kings that were entities. That's what the 'beast' idea must also follow. Revelation uses the word 'beast' to apply to both the ten horned kingdom, and to a particular 'king'. In the case of Revelation 17:8-13, and in Rev.11:7 specifically, the word "beast" is used about an entity, a beast king, in contrast to the beast kingdom he comes to rule over. Even in Rev.13:11 John was shown "another beast" in contrast to the beast kingdom of Rev.13:1. The Rev.13:11 forward Scripture is talking about an entity, even the name "dragon" being associated with his identity. And per Rev.12:7-9, we know the name "dragon" is another title for Satan himself, and that he de facto in person is to be cast down to this earth along with his angels to persecute the saints on earth.

Hasn't anyone ever wondered why there is no 'king' sitting upon a throne in today's Jerusalem? What will it mean when and if we see a king setup there in Jerusalem in the last days?

veteran said:
Hasn't anyone ever wondered why there is no 'king' sitting upon a throne in today's Jerusalem? What will it mean when and if we see a king setup there in Jerusalem in the last days?
Veteran.If Daniel or John were to write of a president 2000-2500 years ago.What would they have written to describe him.What would they have called a president?

Shilohsfoal said:
veteran said:
Veteran.If Daniel or John were to write of a president 2000-2500 years ago.What would they have written to describe him.What would they have called a president?

Not even close to the identity of the world king that's coming in the end of days.

Something also to think about KumiOri, the very birthplace of religious pagan idol worship was the area of Babylon. Not ancient Egypt, not ancient Rome or Greece, but Babylon. And even then, the Sumerians under Sargon I in that same area predated the pagan worship of later Babylon.

The last king of Babylon was pope John Paul the II the current one is is oh my here is a list..

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm

The List of Kings Of Babylon

See also POPE, PAPAL ELECTIONS, ELECTION OF THE POPE.

1. St. Peter (32-67)
2. St. Linus (67-76)
3. St. Anacletus (Cletus) (76-88)
4. St. Clement I (88-97)
5. St. Evaristus (97-105)
6. St. Alexander I (105-115)
7. St. Sixtus I (115-125) Also called Xystus I
8. St. Telesphorus (125-136)
9. St. Hyginus (136-140)
10. St. Pius I (140-155)
11. St. Anicetus (155-166)
12. St. Soter (166-175)
13. St. Eleutherius (175-189)
14. St. Victor I (189-199)
15. St. Zephyrinus (199-217)
16. St. Callistus I (217-22) Callistus and the following three popes were opposed by St. Hippolytus, antipope (217-236)
17. St. Urban I (222-30)
18. St. Pontain (230-35)
19. St. Anterus (235-36)
20. St. Fabian (236-50)
21. St. Cornelius (251-53) Opposed by Novatian, antipope (251)
22. St. Lucius I (253-54)
23. St. Stephen I (254-257)
24. St. Sixtus II (257-258)
25. St. Dionysius (260-268)
26. St. Felix I (269-274)
27. St. Eutychian (275-283)
28. St. Caius (283-296) Also called Gaius
29. St. Marcellinus (296-304)
30. St. Marcellus I (308-309)
31. St. Eusebius (309 or 310)
32. St. Miltiades (311-14)
33. St. Sylvester I (314-35)
34. St. Marcus (336)
35. St. Julius I (337-52)
36. Liberius (352-66) Opposed by Felix II, antipope (355-365)
37. St. Damasus I (366-83) Opposed by Ursicinus, antipope (366-367)
38. St. Siricius (384-99)
39. St. Anastasius I (399-401)
40. St. Innocent I (401-17)
41. St. Zosimus (417-18)
42. St. Boniface I (418-22) Opposed by Eulalius, antipope (418-419)
43. St. Celestine I (422-32)
44. St. Sixtus III (432-40)
45. St. Leo I (the Great) (440-61)
46. St. Hilarius (461-68)
47. St. Simplicius (468-83)
48. St. Felix III (II) (483-92)
49. St. Gelasius I (492-96)
50. Anastasius II (496-98)
51. St. Symmachus (498-514) Opposed by Laurentius, antipope (498-501)
52. St. Hormisdas (514-23)
53. St. John I (523-26)
54. St. Felix IV (III) (526-30)
55. Boniface II (530-32) Opposed by Dioscorus, antipope (530)
56. John II (533-35)
57. St. Agapetus I (535-36) Also called Agapitus I
58. St. Silverius (536-37)
59. Vigilius (537-55)
60. Pelagius I (556-61)
61. John III (561-74)
62. Benedict I (575-79)
63. Pelagius II (579-90)
64. St. Gregory I (the Great) (590-604)
65. Sabinian (604-606)
66. Boniface III (607)
67. St. Boniface IV (608-15)
68. St. Deusdedit (Adeodatus I) (615-18)
69. Boniface V (619-25)
70. Honorius I (625-38)
71. Severinus (640)
72. John IV (640-42)
73. Theodore I (642-49)
74. St. Martin I (649-55)
75. St. Eugene I (655-57)
76. St. Vitalian (657-72)
77. Adeodatus (II) (672-76)
78. Donus (676-78)
79. St. Agatho (678-81)
80. St. Leo II (682-83)
81. St. Benedict II (684-85)
82. John V (685-86)
83. Conon (686-87)
84. St. Sergius I (687-701) Opposed by Theodore and Paschal, antipopes (687)
85. John VI (701-05)
86. John VII (705-07)
87. Sisinnius (708)
88. Constantine (708-15)
89. St. Gregory II (715-31)
90. St. Gregory III (731-41)
91. St. Zachary (741-52)
92. Stephen II (752) Because he died before being consecrated, many authoritative lists omit him
93. Stephen III (752-57)
94. St. Paul I (757-67)
95. Stephen IV (767-72) Opposed by Constantine II (767) and Philip (768), antipopes (767)
96. Adrian I (772-95)
97. St. Leo III (795-816)
98. Stephen V (816-17)
99. St. Paschal I (817-24)
100. Eugene II (824-27)
101. Valentine (827)
102. Gregory IV (827-44)
103. Sergius II (844-47) Opposed by John, antipope (855)
104. St. Leo IV (847-55)
105. Benedict III (855-58) Opposed by Anastasius, antipope (855)
106. St. Nicholas I (the Great) (858-67)
107. Adrian II (867-72)
108. John VIII (872-82)
109. Marinus I (882-84)
110. St. Adrian III (884-85)
111. Stephen VI (885-91)
112. Formosus (891-96)
113. Boniface VI (896)
114. Stephen VII (896-97)
115. Romanus (897)
116. Theodore II (897)
117. John IX (898-900)
118. Benedict IV (900-03)
119. Leo V (903) Opposed by Christopher, antipope (903-904)
120. Sergius III (904-11)
121. Anastasius III (911-13)
122. Lando (913-14)
123. John X (914-28)
124. Leo VI (928)
125. Stephen VIII (929-31)
126. John XI (931-35)
127. Leo VII (936-39)
128. Stephen IX (939-42)
129. Marinus II (942-46)
130. Agapetus II (946-55)
131. John XII (955-63)
132. Leo VIII (963-64)
133. Benedict V (964)
134. John XIII (965-72)
135. Benedict VI (973-74)
136. Benedict VII (974-83) Benedict and John XIV were opposed by Boniface VII, antipope (974; 984-985)
137. John XIV (983-84)
138. John XV (985-96)
139. Gregory V (996-99) Opposed by John XVI, antipope (997-998)
140. Sylvester II (999-1003)
141. John XVII (1003)
142. John XVIII (1003-09)
143. Sergius IV (1009-12)
144. Benedict VIII (1012-24) Opposed by Gregory, antipope (1012)
145. John XIX (1024-32)
146. Benedict IX (1032-45) He appears on this list three separate times, because he was twice deposed and restored
147. Sylvester III (1045) Considered by some to be an antipope
148. Benedict IX (1045)
149. Gregory VI (1045-46)
150. Clement II (1046-47)
151. Benedict IX (1047-48)
152. Damasus II (1048)
153. St. Leo IX (1049-54)
154. Victor II (1055-57)
155. Stephen X (1057-58)
156. Nicholas II (1058-61) Opposed by Benedict X, antipope (1058)
157. Alexander II (1061-73) Opposed by Honorius II, antipope (1061-1072)
158. St. Gregory VII (1073-85) Gregory and the following three popes were opposed by Guibert ("Clement III"), antipope (1080-1100)
159. Blessed Victor III (1086-87)
160. Blessed Urban II (1088-99)
161. Paschal II (1099-1118) Opposed by Theodoric (1100), Aleric (1102) and Maginulf ("Sylvester IV", 1105-1111), antipopes (1100)
162. Gelasius II (1118-19) Opposed by Burdin ("Gregory VIII"), antipope (1118)
163. Callistus II (1119-24)
164. Honorius II (1124-30) Opposed by Celestine II, antipope (1124)
165. Innocent II (1130-43) Opposed by Anacletus II (1130-1138) and Gregory Conti ("Victor IV") (1138), antipopes (1138)
166. Celestine II (1143-44)
167. Lucius II (1144-45)
168. Blessed Eugene III (1145-53)
169. Anastasius IV (1153-54)
170. Adrian IV (1154-59)
171. Alexander III (1159-81) Opposed by Octavius ("Victor IV") (1159-1164), Pascal III (1165-1168), Callistus III (1168-1177) and Innocent III (1178-1180), antipopes
172. Lucius III (1181-85)
173. Urban III (1185-87)
174. Gregory VIII (1187)
175. Clement III (1187-91)
176. Celestine III (1191-98)
177. Innocent III (1198-1216)
178. Honorius III (1216-27)
179. Gregory IX (1227-41)
180. Celestine IV (1241)
181. Innocent IV (1243-54)
182. Alexander IV (1254-61)
183. Urban IV (1261-64)
184. Clement IV (1265-68)
185. Blessed Gregory X (1271-76)
186. Blessed Innocent V (1276)
187. Adrian V (1276)
188. John XXI (1276-77)
189. Nicholas III (1277-80)
190. Martin IV (1281-85)
191. Honorius IV (1285-87)
192. Nicholas IV (1288-92)
193. St. Celestine V (1294)
194. Boniface VIII (1294-1303)
195. Blessed Benedict XI (1303-04)
196. Clement V (1305-14)
197. John XXII (1316-34) Opposed by Nicholas V, antipope (1328-1330)
198. Benedict XII (1334-42)
199. Clement VI (1342-52)
200. Innocent VI (1352-62)
201. Blessed Urban V (1362-70)
202. Gregory XI (1370-78)
203. Urban VI (1378-89) Opposed by Robert of Geneva ("Clement VII"), antipope (1378-1394)
204. Boniface IX (1389-1404) Opposed by Robert of Geneva ("Clement VII") (1378-1394), Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417) and Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), antipopes
205. Innocent VII (1404-06) Opposed by Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417) and Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), antipopes
206. Gregory XII (1406-15) Opposed by Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417), Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), and Pietro Philarghi ("Alexander V") (1409-1410), antipopes
207. Martin V (1417-31)
208. Eugene IV (1431-47) Opposed by Amadeus of Savoy ("Felix V"), antipope (1439-1449)
209. Nicholas V (1447-55)
210. Callistus III (1455-58)
211. Pius II (1458-64)
212. Paul II (1464-71)
213. Sixtus IV (1471-84)
214. Innocent VIII (1484-92)
215. Alexander VI (1492-1503)
216. Pius III (1503)
217. Julius II (1503-13)
218. Leo X (1513-21)
219. Adrian VI (1522-23)
220. Clement VII (1523-34)
221. Paul III (1534-49)
222. Julius III (1550-55)
223. Marcellus II (1555)
224. Paul IV (1555-59)
225. Pius IV (1559-65)
226. St. Pius V (1566-72)
227. Gregory XIII (1572-85)
228. Sixtus V (1585-90)
229. Urban VII (1590)
230. Gregory XIV (1590-91)
231. Innocent IX (1591)
232. Clement VIII (1592-1605)
233. Leo XI (1605)
234. Paul V (1605-21)
235. Gregory XV (1621-23)
236. Urban VIII (1623-44)
237. Innocent X (1644-55)
238. Alexander VII (1655-67)
239. Clement IX (1667-69)
240. Clement X (1670-76)
241. Blessed Innocent XI (1676-89)
242. Alexander VIII (1689-91)
243. Innocent XII (1691-1700)
244. Clement XI (1700-21)
245. Innocent XIII (1721-24)
246. Benedict XIII (1724-30)
247. Clement XII (1730-40)
248. Benedict XIV (1740-58)
249. Clement XIII (1758-69)
250. Clement XIV (1769-74)
251. Pius VI (1775-99)
252. Pius VII (1800-23)
253. Leo XII (1823-29)
254. Pius VIII (1829-30)
255. Gregory XVI (1831-46)
256. Blessed Pius IX (1846-78)
257. Leo XIII (1878-1903)
258. St. Pius X (1903-14)
259. Benedict XV (1914-22) Biographies of Benedict XV and his successors will be added at a later date
260. Pius XI (1922-39)
261. Pius XII (1939-58)
262. Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
263. Paul VI (1963-78)
264. John Paul I (1978)
265. John Paul II (1978-2005)
266. Benedict XVI (2005—)

The last king of Babylon is not a Catholic pope. The Reformers were watching for the end like our Lord Jesus said to be on watch, and the events of great persecution by the Roman Church in their days is why they saw the pope as the antichrist. Those days ended and so did those persecutions of burning people at the stake.

There's different signs being given today that point away from Rome and a pope, since Israel became a nation again in 1948 and the othrodox Jews in Jerusalem are set to build another temple. In the Reformer's days those particular signs weren't present.

The closest thing we have to 'Babylon' today is called Islam. :crazy Seriously.

That said; it's as if the original poster has never read Dan 8:21. :confused

Back