Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The LAW of Moses/ The LAW of God

guibox said:
It is so funny that so many try and replace the 10 commandment with the 'law of love' and that when the Bible says, 'If ye love me keep my commandments' it is talking about 'love' and not the 10. After all, they say, Jesus said 'a new commandment I give you'.

I just don't fully understand the logic here...

Sputnik: You and me both, guibox. Then again, your final paragraph (below) pretty well sums it up.

guibox: First of all it wasn't a 'new' commandment as the OT gives both of these 'love' commandments quite plainly. Why? The law IS love! It is God's standard for us because we are His and He loves us! Jesus said 'the law can be summed up' in those two. Not 'replaced' not 'abolished' but summed up!

So why did Jesus say it was a 'new' commandment'

The difference was in the focus of the law and the covenant. The people said 'All that you command WE will do'. Jesus say, 'I will complete it in you' The law had been looked at as a burden. Jesus came to set the people free from the burden the Jews had put on the law and the consequences. The law condemned us through our actions. Jesus took the penalty on Himself. The law was not fully internalized by the OT Jews, Jesus came and fulfilled God's promise in Jeremiah that He would write it in our hearts.

Now the law is internalized and is obeyed through the spirit in us through Christ Jesus.

A NC Christian will not steal, murder, worship other Gods or commit adultery anymore than an OC Christian. Hence, the law is even MORE important in our lives and just as relevant.

Sputnik: So, in this regard ...EVERY Christian is a Judaizer!

guibox: Anybody who says differently is merely arguing semantics of Paul and not thinking it through logically and reasonably. Or it is mostly because nobody wants to obey the Sabbath so to do away with it, they have to do away with the other commandments.

Sputnik: That's your final paragraph and that's exactly right. Somewhere in the mists of time God's Sabbath was discarded and replaced with a counterfeit. The majority of mainstream Christians not only defend that counterfeit with such zeal, they also criticize those who DO adhere to God's Sabbath with as much zeal. Is it intentional, I wonder, or are they REALLY incapable of seeing the truth surrounding this issue?

Back