Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study The Many Mansions He Prepares

John 14:2-4 In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

The "Father's house" is His Temple and His temple is...​

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

We are the "many mansions" He dwelleth in IF "the way ye know." He, Jesus Christ...our Lord God...is the way ye know, the ONLY WAY. Jesus prepares us, receives us, dwells in us as does "the Spirit of God," which is yet another proof that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One True God.​

Two completely unrelated scriptures. The one from John is referring to what He has prepared in Heaven for us, not that the mansions are in us.

Two completely unrelated scriptures. The one from John is referring to what He has prepared in Heaven for us, not that the mansions are in us.

John 14:2 In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Abode and mansions are the same word. We know, for it is written, that He dwells in us and that we are the temple of the Lord. Seeing that...where then is Heaven, who are the mansions He dwells in and when does this happen? It happens while we are physically alive for then/now we must become spiritually alive. That happens as He prepares us, His mansions in whom He dwells.​

Knotical is right. You are right in that we abide in our bodies, our abode. Yet, do you not also live in a house? There is no contradiction. You will have a spiritual body in heaven, and also have a house or 'mansion' to live in. If it were not so, he would have told you. ;)

The Lord dwelling within you is true, but has nothing to do with your house in heaven. He is a spiritual being and dwells within your body and can be in His throne room at the same time. Don't ask me how, for I am a mere mortal still! All will be revealed later and we will understand because we will be like Him. Isn't God awesome?! :)

Of course you also have the idea of houses as groups of people united under a name, rather than a simple physical construct.

Please pay some attention to the context, guys. It helps a lot.

2 In my Father’s house
[ that is, in His Temple Joh 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.]

are many mansions [abiding places, where the priests and other functionaries lived]

if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you [in that house, that temple].

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you [by His death and sacrifice]

I will come again [at the Great Day],

and receive [= take] you unto myself;

[1 Thess 4. 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.]

that where I am,
[= 0n earth, sitting on the throne of David His father, in Jerusalem
Lk 1.32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.]

there ye may be also.

Mt 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, ... when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

4 ¶ And whither I go ye know, [14.28 I go to the Father]

and the way ye know [

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So He's saying I'm going to the Father, I'll assure you of your places in my Kingdom, I will come again, and you will be exalted as promised.

Back