Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] The most ridiculous story ever invented

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am Christain, but I don't think you should use these arguments.
No offense intended.
Heidi said:
1) Each ape had to find another creature which with to breed to create offspring that looks more like a human than an ape. The odds of that are incalculable.
Not true, read up on the evolutionary theory, first you have isolation of a population, then a new environment, the new environment changes the selective pressure, the selective pressure causes new features and old pre-existing features that were not selected for before to become selected for, this process continues for millions of years, then the population as a whole starts to be different.

Heidi said:
2) Then these exact same offspring had to migrate all over the world because according to science fiction writers, homo-sapiens also existed in North America
This point doesn't make much sense, since humanity spread from southern Europe/Northern Africa to the rest of the world over a 50,000 year period, humans first appear in North America over the Berring Straight ice bridge at around 30,000 years ago, and this is supported by the fact that natives in North America are genetically similar to asians. It is also traceable through the immense archeological and anthropological studies done on the subject.

Heidi said:
3) The next step in this impossible chain is that each homo sapiens in North America had to find a mate identical to the mates of other homo-sapiens in Africa to breed descendants who could speak! That make the odds even more incalculable since no two animals and humans look and act alike. So the exact same so-called "mutations" had to have happened in thousands of homosapiens which makes the odds unfathomable as to be impossible.
Wrong because they were already human when they got to North America, I don't understand where these fabrications come from.
Heidi said:
4) There are no accounts by any ancient cultures of any of these creatures ever existing yet they are supposed to be our ancestors. :o
Um, humans didn't have writing until about 9000 years ago, and even then it was pictographic, nor were humans highly advanced, and neanderthals went extinct during the first 20,000 years of human existence. It is quite easy for illiterate nomads with possibly very low verbal skills to forget eh? After all, humans also co-existed with saber tooth tigers, wooly mammoths, giant sloths, and other currently extinct giant mammals, and none of these animals appear in text of ancient cultures either.

Heidi said:
5) The so-called common ancestor from which these creatures supposedly came is still as imaginary as the minds who invented them. That makes the common ancestor as imaginary as the Flying spaghetti monster.
No it is strongly supported by archeology and genetic evidence, look of Lucy.
Though I hate to say that, I don't want to get into a Lucy argument :-?

Heidi said:
So the theory of evolution only exists in the imagination because it doesn't happen in reality.
Evolution is a strongly supported theory, not proven. I don't believe it to be true but I'll give credit when credit is due.
People don't just believe it out of pure biased ignorance.

Thanks for the post though, you brought some good idea's to the table.

I see!
My mistake :fadein: Though I disagree that a casual 12 year old [at least where I live] could even understand, much less argue the points Heidi made.
No disrespect
[/Spam]

Bryce said:
I see!
My mistake :fadein: Though I disagree that a casual 12 year old [at least where I live] could even understand, much less argue the points Heidi made.
No disrespect
[/Spam]

Maybe I exaggerated a little, but there are some smart 6th graders out there. But regardless, her arguments are beyond ridiculous.

Good one Heidi! Look, I found my own!
1) There was a carpenter who lived like 2000 years ago.
2) He did all kinds of magic tricks that made everyone want to be with him.
3) Some people got mad because he was always telling everyone what to do because he believed that his father was the all powerful man who is in charge of EVERYTHING!
4) He was nailed to some 2x4s for blasphemy (+10 irony points for the Romans: Killing a carpenter with wood and nails)
5) He supposedly RETURNED FROM THE DEAD 3 days later after asphyxiating, losing a significant amount of blood from multiple stab wounds, and started walking around talking to his friends.

And unlike your story, I got yours right, whereas you completely misunderstand the theory of evolution.

The hilarious part is, many creationists actually believe that's what evolutionary theory is about.

It's not a parody; she's quite serious.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back