Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE ORIGIN OF SATAN

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We are not communicating. The following is my question:

Do you think your conclusion is based on First-Order Logic?

If yes, then demonstrate your FOL proof according to the syntax of FOL.

If not, then you have jumped to a conclusion according to FOL.
I'm communicating. I asked you a question if you receive the Scripture in 2 Peter 2:4 and Jude 6 and you avoided answering by coming up with a stall tactic to avoid answering my question.
But I know now you reject the Scripture above and would rather hold to a leaning on your own understanding in the vanity of your mind.
I don't have time for games. Be a man and respond. Do you accept the Scriptures above as the truth of God?

We find in the NT Jesus healing all sorts of physical infirmities and sickness.
But where in Scripture do we see Jesus healing anyone with a mental sickness or disease? I don't find it outright, do you?
Unless we take these so called "demon possessions" as mental sickness.

I take a literal approach to interpretation of Scripture unless the context requires a spiritualization. You want to spiritualize this event with these two men. I see a mental condition where these two are concerned and it makes perfect sense.

How does a "mental sickness " enter into an entire herd of pigs that then violently drown themselves, transforming the possessed person instantly from being " exceedingly fierce " to peaceful & in their right mind?
This was one of the most terrifying instances of Jesus's ministry so violent and frightening that it caused the entire population of the Gergesenes to plead with Jesus to leave .
All with one Word to the demons from the Holy One of God:
And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
Unchecked Copy Box
Mat 8:33

And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils.

This was one of the most terrifying instances of Jesus's ministry so violent and frightening that it caused the entire population of the Gergesenes to plead with Jesus to leave them.

Unchecked Copy Box
Mat 8:34
And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.

You have not even a rudimentary understanding of either mental illness or God's Word

How does a "mental sickness " enter into an entire herd of pigs that then violently drown themselves, transforming the possessed person instantly from being " exceedingly fierce " to peaceful & in their right mind?
This was one of the most terrifying instances of Jesus's ministry so violent and frightening that it caused the entire population of the Gergesenes to plead with Jesus to leave .
All with one Word to the demons from the Holy One of God:
Attitudes. Evil attitudes from two men who had mental illness. And when Christ was done, they were both "in their right mind."
And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
Unchecked Copy Box
Mat 8:33

And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils.

This was one of the most terrifying instances of Jesus's ministry so violent and frightening that it caused the entire population of the Gergesenes to plead with Jesus to leave them.

Unchecked Copy Box
Mat 8:34
And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.

You have not even a rudimentary understanding of either mental illness or God's Word

Yes, Tim 3:
TonyChanYT, you're not honest with the Scripture.
Not at all.

One more time:

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2 Peter 2:4.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jude 6.

Peter and Jude declare the angels that sinned are cast down to hell delivered in chains of darkness awaiting judgment.

These two apostles say the same thing. The angels that sinned are locked up.

Do you believe this?

TonyChanYT, you're not honest with the Scripture.
Not at all.

One more time:

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2 Peter 2:4.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jude 6.

Peter and Jude declare the angels that sinned are cast down to hell delivered in chains of darkness awaiting judgment.

These two apostles say the same thing. The angels that sinned are locked up.

Do you believe this?
Yes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back