Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Resurrection

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What does the Bible teach us about what life will be like after the last resurrection? Jesus said to the Sadducees in Luke 20:34-38 that in the resurrection men would not marry but be as the messengers of God. Little more is said about this life other than what is written in Revelation 22 and there in verse 5 it says that the saints that inheritied the Holy City would rule as kings for ages of ages. Who will they rule over is the curiousity.

From a cursory reading of the last 3 chapter of Revelation it would appear that there are people living outside of the Holy City that will still be affected by an imperfect existence to the point where they'll need to approach the city to receive healing on perhaps a monthly basis (revelation 22:2). Is it possible that the saints will be ruling over these people for ages and ages?

We reign in life

Rom_5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Lord Jesus Christ will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21 ESV, Luke 24:39 ESV

Christians will be able to walk through closed doors and walls. John 20:19 NLT

We reign in life

We reign or does righteousness reign in the lives of those that have been gifted with the grace of God through Jesus. It seems this verse is saying that righteousness reigns in the lives of believers and says little to nothing about the subject matter discussed in Revelation's last chapters.

Rom_5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

I am a child of the King ... i do not reign as King but as a princes :) When one is the child of King can s/he do any thing other then be who s/he is?

1 John 3:2 (NASB95)
2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

From a cursory reading of the last 3 chapter of Revelation it would appear that there are people living outside of the Holy City that will still be affected by an imperfect existence to the point where they'll need to approach the city to receive healing on perhaps a monthly basis (revelation 22:2). Is it possible that the saints will be ruling over these people for ages and ages?
Does it really imply that?

Nope. Here is the full context being the river of life in the New Jerusalem

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Interesting......It seems there may in fact be a distinction. Some, (presumably the number making up the bride) appear to be living in the city while the kings of the earth and citizens of their lands appear to be living outside of the Holy City. Those kings apparently send a tribute of their "glory" to the city perhaps in exchange for what's described as medicine of healing for the nations.

Interesting take.....

9Then there came one of the seven angels who were carrying the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues. "Come with me," he said, "and I will show you the Bride, the Lamb's wife."
10So in the Spirit he carried me to the top of a vast, lofty mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, 11and bringing with it the glory of God........

22I saw no sanctuary in the city, for the Lord God, the Ruler of all, is its Sanctuary, and so is the Lamb. 23Nor has the city any need of the sun or of the moon, to give it light; for the glory of God has shone upon it and its lamp is the Lamb. 24The nations will live their lives by its light; and the kings of the earth are to bring their glory into it. 25And in the daytime (for there will be no night there) 26and the glory and honor of the nations shall be brought into it. 27And no unclean thing shall ever enter it, nor any one who is guilty of base conduct or tells lies, but only they whose names stand recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life.
1Then he showed me the river of the Water of Life, bright as crystal, issuing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2On either side of the river, midway between it and the main street of the city, was the Tree of Life. It produced twelve kinds of fruit, yielding a fresh crop month by month, and the leaves of the tree served as medicine for the nations. 3"In future there will be no curse," he said, "but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in that city. And His servants will render Him holy service and will see His face, 4and His name will be on their foreheads. 5And there will be no night there; and they have no need of lamplight or sunlight, for the Lord God will shine upon them, and they will be kings until the Ages of the Ages."

Back