Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Revelation Of Jesus Christ

The Revelation (showing) of Jesus Christ (the Messiah) which God gave unto him to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Rev.1:1 KJV

The Messiah would be revealed to the Jewish people by fulfilling the OT scriptures. He fulfilled them as a messenger (angel) from Heaven during His ministry on earth.
John turns and sees the Messenger he already knows. John became a faithful messenger,

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Mt.22:30 KJV

And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him (Stephen) saw his face as it had been the faceof an angel. Act.6:15 KJV.

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? Heb.1:14 KJV

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 2Cor.3:6 KJV

We have a message delivered from our Father to His Son to us, confirmed to disciples not only by what the OT said would happen to Jesus, but by what had already happened to the prophets, was happening to disciples like John, Stephen, etc. and would continue until the end.

The Revelation (showing) of Jesus Christ (the Messiah) which God gave unto him to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Rev.1:1 KJV

The Messiah would be revealed to the Jewish people by fulfilling the OT scriptures. He fulfilled them as a messenger (angel) from Heaven during His ministry on earth.
John turns and sees the Messenger he already knows. John became a faithful messenger,

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Mt.22:30 KJV

And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him (Stephen) saw his face as it had been the faceof an angel. Act.6:15 KJV.

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? Heb.1:14 KJV

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 2Cor.3:6 KJV

We have a message delivered from our Father to His Son to us, confirmed to disciples not only by what the OT said would happen to Jesus, but by what had already happened to the prophets, was happening to disciples like John, Stephen, etc. and would continue until the end.
Hello Journeyman, Thank you.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Rev.1:2 KJV

John means not only what Jesus is about to say, but that John also witnessed it in the 3 yrs. he walked with Jesus,

these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in Hisname. Jn.20:31 KJV

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, a nd keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Rev.1:3 KJV

Blessed means happy.
Happy are the people who hear what this prophecy. It's "at hand", or within our grasp now. John is sharing what he's already been through with Jesus in the gospel days. Now he's meeting Jesus again and retelling it in another way.

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; Rev.1:4 KJV

If all of the above posts (or foundation) is solid, then we have John (equal to an angel) speaking to the glorified Jesus.

And from Jesus Christ, who ist the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washedus from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.Amen.
Rev.1:5 -6KJV

This faithful Witness rose from a death that could never hold Him for any amount of time. He calls Jesus a prince of kings (plural). That means he was born of kings and kings were born of Him. How could a king be born if his son? Through the gospel!

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so,Amen. Rev.7 KJV

He's coming in a cloud (shrouded), but all see him (not as he truly is) and those who pierced Him (sinned against Him...and that includes all sinners) shall be in mouning over what we've done to Him. All kindreds of the earth. Not every gentile on earth, but gentiles from every nation who saw the injustice, That sounds just like this,

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in al lthe world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the en dcome. Mt.24:14 KJV

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Rev.1:8 KJV
Explanation not necessary

John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. Rev.1:9 KJV

So John (what an angel 🙂) is currently involved in a fierce battle, using patience and all the "weapons" of our warfare and is now going to tell us how the ones he's at war with now conquering by faith ( leading enemies like I was to Jesus) was confirmed during his own lifetime.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. Rev.1:10:11

God tells king John to rewrite the OT and NT into one Book and tell every every congregation where kings sit about it.

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I amthe first and the last: Rev.1:13-17 KJV

John fainted when He saw what Jesus looked like. John and two brothers saw Jesus transfigured before. So we can be sure the heavenlies always saw Him that way. Too bad mankind doesn't always.

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore,A men; and have the keys of hell and of death. Rev.1:18 KJV

As God He simply lives. (not lived). He put the flesh to death but He lives forever and sets believers free from sin. Atheists remaim bound in sin.

Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; Rev.1:19 KJV

John writes this book from His own experiences to testify of the truth, which has never changed.

The mystery of the sevenstars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the sevenchurches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches Rev.1:20 KJV

Our Savior is always among us and holds us in His powerful hand.

From chapter 1 we know what Jesus says in ch.2 is parallel with the future. An example of this would be,

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Lk.10:19 KJV

The faithful have this power now so more isn't necessary, but in "this book", a power comes after faithful service. Why?

Because the power we have is manifested to be seen by an unbelueving world. Our power in Christ , the love, joy, iron bar ( word of God), etc. seemed weak in this world, byt the opposite is true.

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand,who walketh in the midst of the sevengolden candlesticks; Rev.2:1 KJV

To the mininster from Him who holds us as we go

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found themliars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev.2:2-4KJV

They were serving Christ without His heart,

lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1Cor.9:27 KJV

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Rev.2:5 KJV

Since candlestick = church what is meant is excommunication,

But I keep under mybody, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1Cor.9:7

But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. Rev.2:6 KJV

Could be Nicolatians were an early sect that taught Chrustans to live in sin as Balaam did (see vss.14-15)

Back