Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Revelation Of Jesus Christ

He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him that overcomes, to him will I give of the hidden manna; and I will give to him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no one knows but he that receives it. Rev.2:17 DBY

Again, Jesus is promissing His church things He already says believers have, so it seems what we will have in the future is the manifestation of wjat was always true on earth...the meek were the strong who defeated what the world saw as power.

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass Rev.2:18

His eyes can see through anyone and fine and feet like fine brass,

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isa.52:7 KJV

Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 2:19 - I know thy works, and charity, ands ervice, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Rev.2:19-21

Fornication is perverted love to ones own body and offering thanks to idols for food is an example of that, but who would say, "Thank Zeus", in church? Nobody would.
In the 4 gospels our King warned us,

take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Mt.24:4 KJV

Anyone who went into a church today and outright said, "I'm the Messiah" would laughed out.
This deception could easily mean a false prophets come into a church in Christs' name and begin perverting His teaching.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Our great Savior displayed patience to people who murdered Him, "giving them space" to repent.

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

"Great tribulation" is for correcting the ungodly. God "casting her into a bed" simply means God plainly shows "them" (men looking at her) that she's a prostitute. But Jesus is soeaking of idol worshiio, Adultery = idol worship.

Like this,

The Proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: To learn wisdom and moral instruction, and to discern wise counsel.....by keeping you from the evil woman, from the smooth tongue of the loose woman......She persuaded him with persuasive words...Suddenly he went after her like an ox that goes to the slaughter, like a stag prancing into a trapper's snare...and he does not know that it will cost him his life.
Pro.1:1-2, 6:24, 7:21-23 NET

So in Rev.2, God doesn't hate any person, because He gives chastizement and time for even the prostitute to repent.

And I will kill her children withdeath; and all the churches shall know thatI am he which searcheth the reins andhearts: and I will give unto every one of youaccording to your works. Rev.2:23

Her children are those who love Jezebels' version of the gospel,

for the testimony about Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Rev.19:10 NET

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know thatI am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. Rev.2:23

Killing the flesh with the gospel. In other words The church sees the "old man" die when repentance occurs and know Gods' word is true. Seeing people come to life in our Lord.

Works that are done which truly honor Jesus come from sincere faith. p

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Mt.5:16 KJV

Unbelievers do appreciate Christians helping them, but often they praise the believer, not God. The world thinks Christians are good people, but Jesus said to praise His Father, because His Spirit does the work. We simply surrender our will to Him and then they see Him. But the world doesn't know that the Messiah is also that Spirit wrapped in flesh.

Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock! Psa.137:9 ESV

Psa. 137 is about "Babylon." Not "children" (small human beings), but adults who adopt false doctrine. Killing the ungodly by preaching our Rock, putting the sinners flesh to death.

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not knownthe depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. Rev.2:24 ESV

Satan appears as an angel ( a messenger of the gospel) and perverts the words of Jesus.

But that which ye have already fast till I come.

What we have already is what shows power over "the nations" (gentiles like me who came to Christ)

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: Rev.2:25 KJV

That is, will be manifested to show all the world God has always been mighty in love.

"This power" is His word of things that were, are and will be and cannot be altered by anyone is the "power over the nations which on judgment day will be manifestedd for all to see. This unveiling of power to save or condemn will occur brlefore Him sitting on the Throne of God.

Back