Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Revelation Of Jesus Christ

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Rev.2:5 KJV

Since candlestick = church what is meant is excommunication,

But I keep under mybody, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1Cor.9:7
Revelation 1:20-2:7

20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 2

1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Love, Walter

Revelation 1:20-2:7

20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 2

1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Love, Walter
Hi Walter.
I didn't know if you made a comment but I think the idea point is Jesus is really warning us about how pride can cause us to look at other people "judgmentally", which only God has a right to do,

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Jn.8:7 KJV

He was asking for a 2nd faithful witness. If one had been found (and this should shock us)...Jesus would have cast the first stone.

Theologians don't know who the two witnesses are. The "revelation" of who Jesus is compared to sinful men will leave no doubt it.

Hi Walter.
I didn't know if you made a comment but I think the idea point is Jesus is really warning us about how pride can cause us to look at other people "judgmentally", which only God has a right to do,

He was asking for a 2nd faithful witness. If one had been found (and this should shock us)...Jesus would have cast the first stone.

Theologians don't know who the two witnesses are. The "revelation" of who Jesus is compared to sinful men will leave no doubt it.
?

Sorry you're confused. I mean't they wanted to trap Him with the law. So the Messiah said,

My quote below is my understanding of this passage, according to our Lords' superiir knowledge of the Torah,

" If there is just 1 of you who never had lustful thoughts...you may cast a stone. I already know what she has done (holy smokes! I wonder how He knew that!!!)

Because according to the law of Moses, no one may be executed in a death sentence case without the testimony of 2 people."

What He said to them was (my words again)
"You guys are accusing her of what you yourselves are guilty of,

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers 1Tim.1:9 KJV

They didn't see themselves that way. I'm ashamed to say as I myself sat in a church building neither did I until I understood the gospel the right way. The right way.

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless anddisobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

The point being, when the law is ever mentioned in scripture, 1st point it at my own noggin, so that I use it with compassion on others.

Can you see the seriousness of our Lords' IDENTITY below. Jesus didn't see the woman commit adultery,

Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Now early in the morning He came again into the temple. The reliable witnesses were. They were known for their knowledge of Moses.

Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned.[fn] But what do You say?”
Jn.8:3-5KJV

The know-it-alls want to know what their Messiah thinks of Moses, so Jesus says,

"He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” Jn.7 KJV

He wasn't there to see the crime, but according to Moses, only need one more witness to have her executed. That's why He said,

“Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; Go and sin no more. Jn8:10-11 KJV

The All Knowing wished not to condemn even those who hared Him. This is the love of God.

Hi Walter.

We understand, thank you.

Hello Journeyman, First, What do you mean by this?
I mean Jesus said,

the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks Rev.1:20 KJV

then just after said,

These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

He meant He is always present among us because it's His church or if yiu now orefer candlestick. The He said,

repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Rev.2:5 KJV

Your church will be gone. That is, yiur membership in My church is going to be put out. You may regard yourself as wheat, but you'll be a tare.

Maybe because GOD was inside of Him knowing everything.
That was His point. Do you realize that any report of a stoning probably brought the whole town out. They were jealous that people were listening to Him. He was teaching and they tried to set Him uo.

Look at hiw the story unfolds. It ends with Him letting them know they along with all His listeners are as guilty as she is.

He embarrassed then by gently reminding them that they needed as much grace as the adulterer and they hated Him for it.

The Only One who isn't guilty of sin had a rught to stine her, but not as a man...because the law requires a 2nd witness,

At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
Deu.17:6 KJV

God lived perfectly as a man according to His whole word. Not as a perfect substitute, but as a Perfect Witness,

from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, Rev.1:5

I hope you're not confused by this.

That was His point. Do you realize that any report of a stoning probably brought the whole town out. They were jealous that people were listening to Him. He was teaching and they tried to set Him uo.

Look at hiw the story unfolds. It ends with Him letting them know they along with all His listeners are as guilty as she is.

He embarrassed then by gently reminding them that they needed as much grace as the adulterer and they hated Him for it.

The Only One who isn't guilty of sin had a rught to stine her, but not as a man...because the law requires a 2nd witness,

At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
Deu.17:6 KJV

God lived perfectly as a man according to His whole word. Not as a perfect substitute, but as a Perfect Witness,

from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, Rev.1:5

I hope you're not confused by this.
No Sir

But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. Rev.2:6 KJV

Nicolatians doctrine is some type of teaching which leads Gods' people into sin.
I firmly believe people don't understand how the NT interprets Moses. Particularily Paul to gentiles who didn't know much regarding the law.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith u[/B]nto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna,

Overcoming = Growing,
Manna = Bread Understanding Hiis word,

This is the bread whichcometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. Jn.6:50

and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Rev.2:7 KJV

Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas,which is by interpretation, A stone Jn.1:42 KJV
This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. Jn.6:50

So as we listen we'll grow become wise and are part of His Temple, made of stones with names on them. Like the Apostles immortalized by our Savior forever as rewarrd for honoring Him. We have all this in Christ now. So when it sounds like the Messiah is saying, What you now have will be given in abundance in the future.

This is where new bodies are seen which have mo need of temporary provisions.

And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee. Isa.60:10 KJV

It's kinda funny to think when people see a Christian preaching Christ they don't see him as a King building a glorius wall but,

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. Isa.55:8 NKJV

for the LORD seeth not as manseeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORDlooketh on the heart. 1Sam.16:7

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; Rev.2:8

It's argued that angels representing God have used the terms "first and last" to describe themselves "representing the Most high. Jws' think that, but no one born on earth could ever claim it,

For unto which of the angels said at any time, Thou art my Son Heb.1:5

God calls angels His sons all the time,

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) Rev.2:9 KJV
Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith Jas.2:5 KJV

and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev.2:9 KJV
he is a Jew,w hich is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Rom.2:29 KJV

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: Rev.2:10

(From vs.9).....suffer from the "blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. Rev.2:10

Temptation is temporary, but those who are faithful through it Will be given what our Savior said we already have,
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. Jn.5:25 KJV

This is the 1st resurrection. Believing in Jesus,

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Jn.11:25-26

In other words, believers who die physically will be raised in the future with new bodies, but knowing Chist is what makes us alive forever.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Rev.2:11 KJV

Our Savior is simply showing how our reward for overcoming is being saved from damnation.[/U][/B]

And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges. Rev.2:12

The word of God is compared to a human sword, but Christs' can split body, soul snd spirit. One edge only kills the "old man. I'm sure of that, but I believe the edge of His sword (Hid word) will destroy body, soul, and soirit.

Going back to ch.1:4-5 the Father and Son are acknowledged, but the Holy Spirit this way,

the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

I think because the Messiah returned as the Holy Spirit and is always present in the 7 churches. It agrees how Christs' Spirit was sent to the 7 congregations to proclaim the gospel to mankind

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. Rev.2:13 KJV

Vss.14-15 shows how this church (like the other 6) was in the mdst of temples built to false gods.
Satans' "seat" or throne where he "reigns" in the hearts of sinners. Many members were faithful (Jesus affirms one by name, Antipas.)
In the OT, fornication is shown as serving false gods.

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. Rev.2:16 KJV

Our Savior will "fight false doctrine with zhis word. The truth is our Lord is going to fight with the sword from His mouth or rather testify against congregation members who think mixing our sin with our body which is His body) Lord with sin will only affect loss of ""reward." This oassage goes good with
Mt.7:23

Jesus is the Tree the life, which is the same as the manna.

Back