Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Right to Choose; a given or a taken?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

kathydixon

Personally, I believe a woman should have a right to choose whether she wants to take the embryo in her womb to birth or not.

Hypothetically, if I were a woman who was joining with a mate but had no thoughts or intentions of having a baby and became pregnant what would I do--?

[1] Ask your Doctor to end the pregnancy

[2] Try to end the pregnancy by inserting something up into the womb to kill/stop the embryo

[3] have the baby knowing you did not want it & the spark of love just was not there

[4] take your own life

[5] ___________________ ?? you fill in here

6.we are not human unless our mother decides we .a mother aborted one of her twins .

7. you are free to commit murder ,don't expect God to accept it .

Let the finger wagging begin. You'll be labelled worse than a pedophile for even starting the conversation.

Let the finger wagging begin. You'll be labelled worse than a pedophile for even starting the conversation.

This conversation has been going on for a very long time & if time tells; it will continue to do so.
as I see it (:-
How about you---???

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I do have something more to say on the matter.
Ok ok I need to add a caveat. Is that the right word? It's not a crime to have an abortion but it's not something that should be treated lightly. Otherwise people take advantage of the system. It's very hard to discuss this topic without emotions running high. There is more than one victim in these scenarios. Maybe each case or situation is different too. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure someone is going to put me in my place for suggesting this.

In my view;
having an abortion is not a crime
End of story
no if, buts or what's about it.
fene (:-
ok its not then neither is murder ,can it be murder of persons who no mental capacity to function on theiR own ,nor can you deny,that these are akready euthanized or argued to be worthy if abortion who is the state to tell me that I,must be forced to be taxed ,must provide for these types?

if you are saying a fertilized embryo is a human being.,.,,..,./\.,.,

then say it, don't beat around the the bush-----
speak what is on your mind (:-
a developed baby ,isn't a fertilized embryo .
a premature baby is able to,be rescued and depending on the stage ,they the child is aware of pain .

no,child is called by her mother a piece of issue in the uterus.my,wife had a miscarriage and was less then five weeks into the pregnancy ,it was a boy ,his youngest sister who was never told about him,saw him,in,a dream as she possessed a shirt meant for him,and he said I am your brother ,why are you wearing this shirt ,in,this dream he was wearing that shirt,she was 6 .she told her mom,who then told her about him .

he spoke from heaven and mentioned being there ,I,seldom buy this stuff but the account by the mother,my wife and her daughter makes me believe it .

Personally, I believe a woman should have a right to choose whether she wants to take the embryo in her womb to birth or not.

Hypothetically, if I were a woman who was joining with a mate but had no thoughts or intentions of having a baby and became pregnant what would I do--?

[1] Ask your Doctor to end the pregnancy

[2] Try to end the pregnancy by inserting something up into the womb to kill/stop the embryo

[3] have the baby knowing you did not want it & the spark of love just was not there

[4] take your own life

[5] ___________________ ?? you fill in here

Why do you believe that, what is your reason for destroying life?

It is never right to take a life. The abortion business will call those babies "fetuses" and "embryos" in an attempt to dehumanize what is a baby. If anything is "fertilized" - there's life there already. A miracle from God. Our society has downplayed the important value on human life.

The abortion business we know today as Planned Parenthood was started by a white supremacist, Margaret Sanger. She wanted to wipe out minorities - that was her goal. Would God approve of such? Why is this still going on today? Why aren't people down there protesting about lives that matter? It gets me wondering sometimes.

Not only that, but is this ever healthy for a mother? No, no, it's not. Many clinics have people in there doing abortions that are not medical professionals. This alone is dangerous. Many of these clinics don't want to call 911 in a life threatening emergency and some have tried to cover it up. Some women go in, walk out, and die shortly after. Think about it, when a woman has a baby, the uterus starts to slowly shrink back to it's normal size and oxytocin (cuddles with baby and nursing) helps with this. The body can have a lot of difficulties with these adjustments when the baby is suddenly not there when no labor process is initiated. Sometimes these procedures cause infertility. Women who have had abortions have higher breast cancer risk. The health complications are enough to have me running the other direction.

Not only does an abortion affect the mother. It affects the father and his family. What if the mother has children one day, that's a sibling they will never get to meet. That's a lot of guilt. Many women of abortions hang onto a lot of guilt, depression, anxiety, and at times even PTSD from the procedure.

I am a woman so your question isn't so hypothetical on my part. I remember finding out that I was pregnant. I was so scared, even though I was married. I was thinking, "How are we going to afford this? God, why is this happening now? What am I going to do?"

My husband and I weren't even trying. I had prayed a somewhat dangerous prayer of, "Dear God, I pray we will have children one day when you feel it's the right time." God definitely doesn't think the way we do, I've learned this well. We were in a not-so-favorable financial situation and we made the poor choice of living with his parents that stressed us out of our minds. Often times it was his parents that were aiding in running our finances dry, and we knew we had to get out of there. I started working and it was a pain, but it was enough to get us out of there and secure some money. After a few months, we had our own apartment and I quit. We ended up having a healthy baby that we love so much.

A few years fast forward, another unplanned pregnancy. I was scared, but not as scared as I was with my first. I knew a lot of what to expect. What was tense was when I was so close to having the baby and the doctors pressure to induce and all of that - I became so stressed that I could hardly bear it. Still, God got us through and another healthy child later.

Abortion was never a feasible option. No matter how scared I was, I knew God had a plan. I wish more would wait and let God reveal His plans. I looked to doctors for help, not for assisted murder. I don't know what person would try to end their pregnancy themselves with various instruments, that sounds so sad and scary. I've heard of that, but it's awful. How does one expect to survive? Too much of a risk of harm and serious medical issues. If someone is that desperate to end their pregnancy, there is something wrong and they can get help from a counselor, a doctor, pastor, somebody...these women need a support system. Same for women that are feeling a lack of love in their life. They need extra support. It saddens me to think of women taking their own lives or someone taking their lives over because they wouldn't abort.

At the time I found myself pregnant, I didn't even think it would be a good idea to be a mother at that time because our finances simply weren't all there. I had this idea that we would have a child that would be some poor, deprived child. Hear me out, God has always been able to provide. We have all been fed and taken care of. We're still alive on this earth.

If God gives us a gift like a child, who are we to destroy His blessing?

While if I never had children, I wouldn't know them, I do have them now and while some days they drive me absolutely crazy, I know I would miss it terribly if they weren't here tomorrow. The way they are; the way I see God working in their lives never fails to amaze me. They are His children that He has entrusted to me - I am honored.

Psalm 127:3-5 NIV:
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.

Genesis 48:9 NIV:
Joseph said to his father, “They are my sons, whom God has given me here.” So he said, “Bring them to me, please, that I may bless them.”

Proverbs 17:6 NIV:
Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.

Mark 10:14 NIV:
When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Our society has downplayed the important value on human life.
I agree. That's probably true. But I get the impression that conservative Christians make abortion the number one sin of society, when there are other areas they could focus their attention. It becomes like an obsession, from my pov.

I agree. That's probably true. But I get the impression that conservative Christians make abortion the number one sin of society, when there are other areas they could focus their attention. It becomes like an obsession, from my pov.

There is a fine line between obsessed and concerned. I suppose it depends on the person.

It makes sense how grand amounts of attention have been brought to it, but why not? It's gone on for so long and something needs to be done about it. There have been over 1.5 billion abortions worldwide since 1980. That's an awful lot of people missing. That's generations worth...what all have we missed?

I can't say it's a "number one sin". Sin is sin and it's all bad. Good news is that it can all be forgiven.

In my view;
having an abortion is not a crime
End of story
no if, buts or what's about it.
fene (:-
It isn't in our current secular world but when man's law is in contradiction to God's law, we must obey God.

This was been demonstrated in Daniel, chapter 3, when Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego refused to obey king Nebuchadnezzar's order to worship his gods. It was also demonstrated in Acts 4 and 5 when the apostles refused to obey the Jewish council's order to not speak of Jesus. Peter plainly said in Acts 5:29, "We must obey God rather than men."

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
1 John 2:15-17 NKJV

Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
James 4:4 NKJV

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1-2 NKJV

Back