Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

The Sabbath day was made for man, not man for the Sabbath

Mark 2:27
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

The Sabbath was blessed by God as holy on the 7th day of creation. What's your reason for not observing the sabbath day from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday?

I take it you understand Mark 2:27 as Jesus's insistence the sabbath must be strictly observed ?

I take it you understand Mark 2:27 as Jesus's insistence the sabbath must be strictly observed ?
I'm not your judge, do what your conscience allows, no need to follow all those OT rules that are stated to be "not to difficult" after all the NC doest need to follow any old outdated holy scriptures. Whatever your flesh says is fine, as long as it's not strictly forbidden in the NT COVENANT

By saying the handwriting of requirements that was against us, Paul is directly quoting Moses.
The law has blessings and curses, so the curse is blotted out, are the blessings blotted out as well?
Provide scripture that backs your position on the blessings being blotted out as well as the curse and then I will believe the whole law is abolished, otherwise you grasp at straws.

I'm not your judge, do what your conscience allows, no need to follow all those OT rules that are stated to be "not to difficult" after all the NC doest need to follow any old outdated holy scriptures. Whatever your flesh says is fine, as long as it's not strictly forbidden in the NT COVENANT
That's not what I asked you ?

My question strictly focused on your opening proclamation of this thread's topic as it pertains to the solitary scripture you provided with it .
Inherent in your proclamation that you believe the Sabbath is to be strictly kept and that your interpretation of Mark 2:27 being the verse you provided in connection to your proclamation was key in support of your belief concerning the Sabbath.
I have not scrolled thru this whole thread so if you have given your interpretation of Mark 2:27 in this thread already just give me the post # and I will refer to that ?
Kind Regards .
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

The Sabbath was blessed by God as holy on the 7th day of creation. What's your reason for not observing the sabbath day from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday?

What are the curses of the law?
What are the blessings of the law?

Many times it says the curse of the law was nailed to the cross, but it never says the blessings are.

It also says the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, so weather you say it's the "Law" or the "Talmud" it's only what was written against us, not the blessings of what was written for us.

The Law is neutral.
For us and against us.

You haven't answered why you do or do not observe the Sabbath day.

Notice I did not say strictly observe the Sabbath day for your salvation.

I didn't even say "strictly" I said observe.

If you feel you need to. Or strictly need to, isn't that the bondage talked about?

If you feel compelled out of obedience, isn't that the whole point of the law being written on one's heart versus stone tablets.

Everyone is at a different point in their walk with Christ.
You must be obediant to what Christ is convicting you of.

God gave man a "gift of the Sabbath"

The Sabbath was made for man, do you reject what God made for man, or accept what God has made for man?

Why?

Why would you reject the Sabbath, but eat pork?

Seems like twisted logic.

Think not!!!!!

Didn't mean stop thinking, and you would know that by the context.

Last edited:
Everyone is at a different point in their walk with Christ.
Why then are you afraid to speak to how Christ walked in accordance to the Sabbath.
What better place for each of us to start our own individual walk then to follow the walk of this Jesus who is the Christ ?
Based upon the Word of Christ concerning the keeping of the Sabbath as you provided in Mark 2:27 are you confident that Jesus went into Sabbath mode every Friday sunset ?

"Humblepie said:
And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath "

Scripture tell is to live as Jesus lived.
He used the law of moses against Satan when he was tempted, showing us how we beat temptation as well.

If you don't feel obligated to follow Jesus's example, then don't, but don't make excuses why you don't.

Jesus quoted the law when he was tempted by Satan in the Bible, using passages from Deuteronomy:

Deuteronomy 8:3
Jesus quoted this verse when Satan suggested that Jesus turn stones into bread. The verse says, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God".

Deuteronomy 6
Jesus quoted this passage in response to the second and third temptations, which emphasized the need for Israel to give exclusive allegiance to their God. Jesus said, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God"

confident that Jesus went into Sabbath mode every Friday sunset ?
100% confident Jesus followed the letter of the Law, and the spirit of the Law, which is where the actual letter has its meaning

He did not however follow the Talmud,
He was against the Talmud.
The teachings of men taught as doctrines of God.

100% confident Jesus followed the letter of the Law, and the spirit of the Law, which is where the actual letter has its meaning
Likewise As Jesus instructed His disciples regarding the Sabbath

Mar 2:23
And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.

And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
Are they harvesting?

Sabbath was made for man.
I would think Jesus has the final say in the proper way to observe the Sabbath, not you. Would letting someone suffer and not helping them
because it is the sabbath, be breaking the rest of Gods laws? Arent we supposed to help those in need?
Do you think God would hold it against you if you fed the hungry on the sabbath day? Ot saved a child from drowning?

THINK NOT!!!!

Didn't mean you stop thinking....

Likewise As Jesus instructed His disciples regarding the Sabbath

Mar 2:23

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Back