Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the sabbath

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Which day truly is the sabbath day? I understand that God wants us to worship HIM at all times.
However, what day, particularly, is the true sabbath?

Weird. Which day on The world calendar?
read genesis 1 and then tell me again that is weird. its from Friday at sundown to Saturday at sundown. all feasts are done this way. I start channukah on sundown based on the calendar I used from chabad.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 X X X X X
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Help me out here the next Sat/Sun of our calendar would be day 4/5 on the Hebrew calendar it would be day number 6/7 again...

it tells you how to do shabat by setting your location. notice the jewish calendar with the month elul and also the normal calendar which is called the work calendar. the other is the religious calendar.

sundown over Jerusalem is simply set by observation from meterology.

Is there any wrong or right day to worship Christ?This can get legalistic.The Adventists say that it is a sin to Worship God and go to Church on any other day than Saturday.Most people go to Church on Sunday.You can go to Church 7 days a week :shrug

Is there any wrong or right day to worship Christ?This can get legalistic.The Adventists say that it is a sin to Worship God and go to Church on any other day than Saturday.Most people go to Church on Sunday.You can go to Church 7 days a week :shrug
I have never done shabat. I intend to TOG does and tim-from-pa as well.

I just looked up the Hebrew Calendar on Wikipedia, and I discovered something interesting. While the original (in Biblical times) calendar was based on the sighting of the first sliver of the new moon, and the beginning of the year was based on the ripeness of the barley crop, today's Hebrew calendar is based on mathematical calculations, as is our Gregorian solar calendar. To keep the months in the same season, leap months are inserted based on a 19 year series of leap years vs. normal years. According to Wikipedia, the average 19 year cycle is 6939d 16h 33m 031⁄3s, whereas 19 average solar years are 6939d 14h 26m 15s. Over a period of 19 years, the difference is only 2h 6m 112⁄3 s.

The TOG​

I just looked up the Hebrew Calendar on Wikipedia, and I discovered something interesting. While the original (in Biblical times) calendar was based on the sighting of the first sliver of the new moon, and the beginning of the year was based on the ripeness of the barley crop, today's Hebrew calendar is based on mathematical calculations, as is our Gregorian solar calendar. To keep the months in the same season, leap months are inserted based on a 19 year series of leap years vs. normal years. According to Wikipedia, the average 19 year cycle is 6939d 16h 33m 031⁄3s, whereas 19 average solar years are 6939d 14h 26m 15s. Over a period of 19 years, the difference is only 2h 6m 112⁄3 s.

The TOG​
both are accurate as GOD said the sun and the stars were for seasons and times.

There is no wrong day to worship God, but there is a right day - the day He told us to worship. Nothing in the Bible says we can't worship on Sunday or any other day of the week. If people want to worship on Sundays, Wednesdays or any other day of the week, then that's fine. But the Bible does tell us that we are supposed to rest and worship on the Sabbath.

The TOG​

The commandment in Exodus doesn't say anything about the Sabbath being a designated day of worship. What it says is that it is a day of rest...and maybe more importantly, a day to let other people rest.
I seem to recall having read somewhere that the ancient Israelites didn't actually start the practice of gathering to worship on that day till after the return from Babylon.
If anyone knows anything more about this, I'd be glad to hear it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back