Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Son of God and our sin nature … WOW!

Yes that is right. We would have no hope if God did not do that.

Even if we had returned to obedience it would never undo the condemnation due to our past transgression.

Praise God for taking the initiative.

Digger:

Yes, indeed.

'But God, who is rich in mercy, even when we were dead in sins ...' (Ephesians 2).

The tendency to sin is simply the natural passions and desires of the flesh. Those passions and desires are just natural desires and nothing more.

Some would describe this tendency to sin....our natural passions as you descibe them as our sin nature. But to each his own.

Sin is when we yield to those desires in disobedience to God and that is your "activation."

Didn't I say that? Disoboedience to God is sin...

...The church system teaches a form of gnostic philosophy in that they separate the deeds of the body from the state of the soul. The Bible clearly teaches that the deeds of the body are a reflection of the state of your soul.

I suppose if you have heard this being taught then it is a valid complaint. But I have never been taught that my sin is separate and somehow and excusable.

A person who is sinning is still in bondage to sin and they need to be delivered. Satan wants people to believe that they can be living in sin and yet be saved thus neutralising any possibility for them to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.

Many are under this delusion and many are going to be shocked on judgment day when they find out they are rejected.

Don't be one of them. Take Jesus Christ very seriously.

I always take God the Father and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ seriously. :study

I also don't believe that salvation, is something that cannot be lost. Imho, you can accept Christ, walk with him and know him, and then turn from Christ and reject him thru sinning. Repentance means to "turn away from" and we must confess daily to make sure we stay in a state of grace. If you turn back to your sins and engage in behavior that displeases God, I believe that you will be rejected on judgement day.

2 Peter 2
20 And when people escape from the wickedness of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then get tangled up and enslaved by sin again, they are worse off than before. 21 It would be better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life. 22 They prove the truth of this proverb: “A dog returns to its vomit.†And another says, “A washed pig returns to the mud.â€

Blessings,
Dee

Digger
thanks for the reply

Men were created mortal.

That, my friend, is debatable, there is no scripture that says that Adam was made to die. A preconceived notion, but not scripture. The only condition for Adam that is scriptural for Adam to experience death, was eating the fruit of the Tree of knowledge of good and evil. Death or death of the flesh of man is not assumed in scripture.

Also here’s another little nugget of scripture that can turn a few preconceived notions around:
Luk:3:38: Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

So are you going to tell me that "Adam, which was the son of God." was mortal when God made Adam?

Physical death is a result of being denied access to the tree of life.

No, actually it is a result of eating the fruit of the Tree of knowledge of good and evil, according to scriptures.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

All it says here is the fruit of the Tree of Life, gives eternal life. Doesn’t say in scripture that Adam and Eve didn’t have it in the first place. Does it?

Jesus died on the cross for three reasons as far as I can tell. One was as a propitiatory sacrifice so that our past sins can be forgiven (Rom 3:25), secondly to purchase us from bondage of sin by His blood, and thirdly so that we have a physical example to relate to. By that I mean that we die with Him and are raised up by the same power that raised Him up (Rom 6:4-7).

Friend being born into the world, you have inherited that which is of the world in the flesh, hence of Adam or through Adam. Therefore you have received the life that Adam has. When Jesus die on the Cross it was acceptable to the Father for you to receive the Life Jesus has in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit relationship.

1 John:1:1: That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2: (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; )
3: That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Therefore you receive of the Life of Christ that is forever at the Right Hand of the Most High. Because the Holy Spirit is the Presence of God that you are born into. Of which only the Son of God, and now the Children of the Holy Spirit, (given the power to become sons of God) can have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back