Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Strong Delusion is symbolized by the flying frogs out of the mouths of the Dragon, Beast and False Prophet

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This thread is not for politics. Your confirmation bias is showing when you hate Trump, who put America first, brought peace to the Middle East, crushed ISIS which was said to be impossible for generations, and stopped Putin from warlike acts, which neither Bush or Obama could do. Actions speak louder than words, yet your confirmation bias against Trump personally makes you blind to his accomplishments. Incredibly, now that everything has turned to sh t because of Biden's progressive policies, AND tyranny is growing, you are happy!!!
"tyranny is growing" - if anything, the movement of ideas and freedom have possibly peaked.
The biggest power for freedom in our society is consumerism, and education.

If our food systems fail, wealth and health fail, there will be wars. Why?
Because it is easier to blame that group over there for everything is bad, and you can go to
war with them. When it is more complex with more difficult solutions that take time, it is
hard to wait and tighten our belts.

10 billion people soon, with growing food crisis. One economic model says where we are today
will lead to great disasters and unsolvable problems. I am currently not optimistic unless techology
can again pull a solution out of the hat. I am currently the oldest out of the previous 5 generations
of guys who died before 59 years old, I have never gone to war and probably will die an old man.
So I know how blessed I am, and pray for Gods help to deliver us all to better times yet to come.

God bless you

All I said was about truth and lies is biblical reality.
I hold all politicians responsible to tell the truth. They can put their emphasis on it, but it
still needs to be the truth. Once you go over into lying for affect, you have just left Jesus
behind.

I am not getting involved with policies, good or bad, which different people adopted, or whether
I disagree or agree with them, which is politics.

So I 100% say I am not showing confirmation bias. I dislike the analysis of society into power structures
which cause evil. Evil is caused by sinners. In a real way I am against the world and its way of doing business.
Confirmation bias is ignoring the sins of people and defending them as if they are innocents, rather than
honestly looking at the limits of our democracy and what can and cannot be done.

What is interesting is those who understand people in their hearts, and know the role love has,
want to see people seen and heard, not just dealt with as if they do not matter.

God is innately interested in the poor and needy and they have a special place in His heart.
It is why the USA is the most generous country in the world in charity giving.
Sadly a large section of Jesus believers are starting to ignore need and just speak rights,
whether they are true or false. A church such as this will be trodden under foot.

God bless you
True Christianity is under attack from within and without the church. These are the last days, apostasy reigns.

Politics are a dead end for believers, we look to Christ for real solutions. But Trump did more for the unborn, and Christianity, than any US politician in a century.

AND the founders of this country saw fit to make us sovereign, give us the right to choose who would lead the country. To remind all our rights come from our Creator, not government.

Trump was a far better choice than even those who claimed to be born again believers, like Carter and Bush. Bush devastated Christianity in Iraq. He did nothing for Christians whatsoever, so they fled. Trump ended his policy of unending wars that accomplish nothing. If you judge Trump's accomplishments, and ignore his self promotion, his record is second to none. For the unborn, for Christians, for the nation of Israel.

True Christianity is under attack from within and without the church. These are the last days, apostasy reigns.

Politics are a dead end for believers, we look to Christ for real solutions. But Trump did more for the unborn, and Christianity, than any US politician in a century.

AND the founders of this country saw fit to make us sovereign, give us the right to choose who would lead the country. To remind all our rights come from our Creator, not government.

Trump was a far better choice than even those who claimed to be born again believers, like Carter and Bush. Bush devastated Christianity in Iraq. He did nothing for Christians whatsoever, so they fled. Trump ended his policy of unending wars that accomplish nothing. If you judge Trump's accomplishments, and ignore his self promotion, his record is second to none. For the unborn, for Christians, for the nation of Israel.
Christianity has always been under attack. It lasts as long as the elect are appearing as born again
and stay true to Jesus.

What the political right has proved is the Christian community are dumb, and unbelievably niave.
Abortion is a mess, like all the issues around sexual behaviour and modern medicine.
Dealing with it through the supreme court is insane and likely to worsen violence and unrest
and turn the love for Jesus into hatred for the church and what a loving caring message actually is.

A large part of the Charismatic church is now totally morally compromised, and have no backbone
or life focus. Come hard times, they will disappear. What you are seeing is the decay when people
abandon integrity and righteousness. Just look at our films, unbelievably violent, our language,
swearing and abusive, our aspirations, money centric and celebrity oriented with sexual relationships
like love Island being the fantasy all young people want.

The idea of chastity, no divorce, commitment, forgiveness, chosing the hard road over the easy way
is old school religious legalism. Some groups even now support spiritualism in a "christian" way,
as if God was in this.

Thankfully I will probably not live to see the real fruits of this, I am just grateful of the blessing the
Lord has given me, and hope I can equally bless others,

God bless you

Abortion is a mess, like all the issues around sexual behaviour and modern medicine.
Dealing with it through the supreme court is insane and likely to worsen violence and unrest
and turn the love for Jesus into hatred for the church and what a loving caring message actually is.
I agree with everything you said, but the above. It is proof of confirmation bias, when the Supreme Court ruled they do NOT have the authority to rule on abortion, and returned the power to decide to the States, it was the OPPOSITE of "dealing with it through the supreme court."

Your confirmation bias is thus proved, the opposite of what you said happened, happened.

I hope the states won't legalize murder of the unborn. Most likely will. But a few might reject the genocide.

God bless you also.

When I hear fallen angels are the Nephilem I can't believe anything from someone who is that influenced by imagined inserts .

I agree with everything you said, but the above. It is proof of confirmation bias, when the Supreme Court ruled they do NOT have the authority to rule on abortion, and returned the power to decide to the States, it was the OPPOSITE of "dealing with it through the supreme court."

Your confirmation bias is thus proved, the opposite of what you said happened, happened.

I hope the states won't legalize murder of the unborn. Most likely will. But a few might reject the genocide.

God bless you also.

The reason why I mention the supreme court, is because by many this was seen as a victory for the
anti-abortion lobby. You rightly state all it did was say there was no federal right to abortion, so it
was up to each state to decide for their citizens.

My comment was on people seeing such a political subject dealt with in a culturally inappropriate
manner. I do not agree with abortion on demand, but there is a real social problem that needs
addressing appropriately.

So I say again, I do not have confirmation bias.

The reason why I mention the supreme court, is because by many this was seen as a victory for the
anti-abortion lobby. You rightly state all it did was say there was no federal right to abortion, so it
was up to each state to decide for their citizens.

My comment was on people seeing such a political subject dealt with in a culturally inappropriate
manner. I do not agree with abortion on demand, but there is a real social problem that needs
addressing appropriately.

So I say again, I do not have confirmation bias.
Sir, you stated it was wrong for the Supreme Court to decide the issue, when in fact they were voiding their right to decide the issue. Its called "cognitive dissonance" when "confirmation bias" becomes known, and the victim doesn't want to acknowledge reality. So they invent a new one that "explains" the "contradiction."

We all have confirmation bias about something. Most of the time its harmless. God designed us so we don't question reality at every contradiction, or we couldn't function in our daily lives.

But we should be aware of it and make sure it doesn't affect anything real important. Like joining a mob to slander the innocent.

Back