Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] the sun orbits the earth?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
then how did the magellan reach jupiter if all these calucalations are off?

if the sun isnt the center then all these time "hits" would be off.

these orbits have to be correct and the probes timed to them or they would miss, even if its by one inch on our part, in the trajectory of the probe.

now then, what makes you assume that hebrew of the time of writing of psalms and by the completion thought like aristotile did?

these (plato,arostotile, and socrates)guys were in a country that was at war with the very empire that the hebrews resettle so i doubt there was any communication of thoughts between hebrew philosophers during the lives of plato,aristotile , and socrates.

if i recall you deny we landed on the moon. is that correct?

then how did the magellan reach jupiter if all these calucalations are off?

if the sun isnt the center then all these time "hits" would be off.

these orbits have to be correct and the probes timed to them or they would miss, even if its by one inch on our part, in the trajectory of the probe.

NASA use Geocentric calculations at all times. Call 'em up and ask them. Infact they will laugh at you and say theres no difference between Helio and Geo math. It's the same.

if i recall you deny we landed on the moon. is that correct?

Correct. It was a hoax. But maybe thats a different thread?

i love not far from nasa that isnt the case their buddy, they dont do that . i believe it was either newton that calculated orbits of mars. venus and a few others. or hubbard.

problem in that orbit calcualtion helio uses the sun not the earth as a reference.

two , why then believe that we have pics of the outer planets as they will disprove your theory.

three, i notice that you dont defend geocentrism from the ot, why?

why do you know that the ot hebrew believe that?

i love not far from nasa that isnt the case their buddy, they dont do that . i believe it was either newton that calculated orbits of mars. venus and a few others. or hubbard.

Then go down there and ask them. Or if you have asked them already then show me then document their answer. Newton didnt calculate anything about orbits. HE THEORIZED!!

problem in that orbit calcualtion helio uses the sun not the earth as a reference.

So in Geo you swap the Sun with the Earth and you end up with EXACTLY the same math. Simples.

two , why then believe that we have pics of the outer planets as they will disprove your theory.

What you mean pics like this ridiculously fake looking one of the mars surface?

111435.jpeg

LOLZ! Look! They found trees on Mars!....Perleeeeeeze.
Huh? Whats that near the top? Upside down trees??

Theyre not even making an effort anymore people are so accepting of any tripe they put out.

three, i notice that you dont defend geocentrism from the ot, why?

Joshuas long day defends Geo theory. There you go I've used the OT.

10:12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD
delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said
in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou,
Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had
avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the
book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and
hasted not to go down about a whole day.

why do you know that the ot hebrew believe that?

Because they would have no reason not to. Just like us today.

lol, lets compare the orbits of the planetes in geocentrism, our nearest planet is what in geocentrism
vs the sun then mercury then venus then us.

so we should the sun being closer or where its position in geo.

so me a comparison of the two helio and geo as a far as planetary positions.

and joshua doenst support that, the lord could have stopped the earth. if the lord made the sun to move around the earth they dont we see as that?

again , germ THEORY, CELL theory.

so when you are sick its just theoretical germs that are making you sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
post links to those pics i have watch the rover land on mars live! and its nothing like that.

Here you go. Type this into google

Surface of the Red Planet: images from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter satellite

Its the first hit.

You click on the side of the picture to scroll through.

Go through all of them. The funniest ones are the pics of Mars moon Phobos. It looks like a meteor or summink.

It's ridiculous. Look at the colours.

bad link and i want those pics or a model of the solar system via helio and geo to compare.

and i want the official nasa pics. from their own site or an edu or gov site.

yup, that sun is in the third position , so we should see mercury a lot bigger then mars in sky.

hmm and thers no reference to pluto, uranus and neptune. and what of them.

fake as well?

or the size of the earth in comparison to the sun?

when you post the current solar system of the helio vs geo then we can debate this.

i have see your theory. and its lacking , hell in outer space!

or the size of the earth to the sun! if the sun is the third planet, we cant have gone to the planets..

so its all just a massive conspiracy to you.

thats the best youve got.

all those probes that i have observed launch go where?
if we are wasting all this money why not take them to court with that evidence? let the courts decide.

oh yeah the the zionists run the courts.

please. conspiracy doesnt convince me of much, very little conspiracies do i follow.

i see this will go no where, that is what i thought one massive conspiracy.

when you post the current solar system of the helio vs geo then we can debate this.

i have see your theory. and its lacking , hell in outer space!

or the size of the earth to the sun! if the sun is the third planet, we cant have gone to the planets..

so its all just a massive conspiracy to you.

thats the best youve got.

all those probes that i have observed launch go where?
if we are wasting all this money why not take them to court with that evidence? let the courts decide.

oh yeah the the zionists run the courts.

please. conspiracy doesnt convince me of much, very little conspiracies do i follow.

i see this will go no where, that is what i thought one massive conspiracy.

Jason can you just ease up on the bitterness please.

It's not very Christian or Brotherly. Theres alot of pride in you.

Heres our solar system. Notice the orbits. Its all very simple. And we have a true Christian and real scientist, Tychoe Brahe to thank. Note: Uranus and neptune hadn't been discovered then. Pluto has been "demoted" by modern science as a non-planet.

500px-Tychonian_system.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Two words: parallax shift.

Two more: stellar aberration.

And two more: Doppler effect.

Wow. Someones actually making an effort!

But I'm afraid 6 words isn't enough.

Can you show how these things prove the Earth moves?

Wow. Someones actually making an effort!

But I'm afraid 6 words isn't enough.

Can you show how these things prove the Earth moves?
I can certainly provide you with evidence that these phenomena indicate Earth orbits the Sun, but as I have no idea what you regard as an acceptable standard of proof, whether this would actually persuade you of the fact is another matter.

I can certainly provide you with evidence that these phenomena indicate Earth orbits the Sun, but as I have no idea what you regard as an acceptable standard of proof, whether this would actually persuade you of the fact is another matter.

Go ahead I'm all ears/......:shame2

Go ahead I'm all ears/......:shame2
I am still interested to learn what you mean when you ask someone to 'prove' this.

For example, of the nearly five hundred non-stellar, non-satellite, large solar system bodies that have been observed both in our own Solar System and in other solar systems, all of them orbit the stars in whose systems they are found. Given that Earth falls into the same general category as all of these 500 objects, i.e. it is not a star, it is not a satellite of a non-stellar body and it is located within a stellar system, I would regard this as prima facie evidence that Earth is most likely the same as these other objects in terms of its orbital relationship to the Sun. Would you agree?

I am still interested to learn what you mean when you ask someone to 'prove' this.

For example, of the nearly five hundred non-stellar, non-satellite, large solar system bodies that have been observed both in our own Solar System and in other solar systems, all of them orbit the stars in whose systems they are found. Given that Earth falls into the same general category as all of these 500 objects, i.e. it is not a star, it is not a satellite of a non-stellar body and it is located within a stellar system, I would regard this as prima facie evidence that Earth is most likely the same as these other objects in terms of its orbital relationship to the Sun. Would you agree?

No I wouldnt agree with that. Your just making massive assumptions thats all.

I'll take it by your reply you dont wanna go into those scientific methods you mentioned. Pity.....I was looking forward to blowing them out of the water. :shame.

My stellar parralax rebuttle is particularly concise and very telling of much of what the theoretical science (falsely so called) establishment is all about. i.e. circular reasoning.

Never mind then.

I'm still going with stationary Earth.

It's Biblical.

It's scientific.

It's logical.

It's good enough for me.

No I wouldnt agree with that. Your just making massive assumptions thats all.
And those 'massive assumptions' would be what, exactly?
I'll take it by your reply you dont wanna go into those scientific methods you mentioned. Pity.....I was looking forward to blowing them out of the water. :shame.
On the contrary, I simply wanted to establish some parameters to the discussion first of all. It appears I was correct in supposing that you are already determined that evidence is not proof sufficient to meet whatever criteria you have.
My stellar parralax rebuttle is particularly concise and very telling of much of what the theoretical science (falsely so called) establishment is all about. i.e. circular reasoning.
As demonstrated by this modest claim.
Never mind then.

I'm still going with stationary Earth.
Whatever floats your boat.
It's Biblical.
Not really.
It's scientific.
Hardly.
It's logical.
On the contrary, as demonstrated by my reference to observations of all other major solar system bodies (and many, many smaller ones in our own Solar System as well).
It's good enough for me.
Then you appear easily satisfied.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back