Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Temple of His Body.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello my Russian Brother & very good friend. If you'll notice my last statement on the post in question, I said that I would finish my reply the next day. I'm terribly sorry that I didn't get back to you, so sorry. I couldn't explain Hebrews 12:22 - 24 as well as my favorite Theologian Professor of the Greek language, Dr. Kenneth Wuest. This is how he interpreted those verses....

Hebrews 12:22-24

"Instead of returning to Mount Sinai, the readers are urged to continue their approach to Mount Sion, the spiritual mountain and city where God dwells and reigns. Paul in Gal_4:19-31 contrasts the First Testament with the New Testament by speaking of Sinai and the Jerusalem which is above. The writer here defines what he means by Mount Sion in the words "even unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem." The angels are introduced here because they are the usual accompaniment of God’s glory and ministers of His will. The words "general assembly" are the translation of paneguris, "a festal gathering of the whole people to celebrate public games or other solemnities" (classical meaning). Here it refers to a festal gathering of the holy angels, and to the saints of God, living and dead. The word "church" is the translation of ekklesia which means "a called-out body of people, an assembly." The words "spirits of just men made perfect" refer to the saints in heaven. The festal character of this great company is set in sharp contrast to the sombre, terrible appearance of Sinai. Thus, does the writer warn his readers not to go back to the First Testament, to Sinai, and judgment, and exhorts them to go on to the New Testament and join this vast multitude composing this festal gathering.
But best of all, the readers, if they place their faith in Messiah as High Priest, come to Jesus, the mediator of the New Testament. They come also to the blood of sprinkling, Jesus’ blood, which speaks better things than the blood of the sacrificial animal which Abel offered. It is not Abel’s own blood which is compared here with Jesus’ blood, for the historical background and the analysis of the book show that the purpose of the writer is to prove that Jesus’ blood of the New Testament is better than and takes the place of the animal blood shed under the First Testament. Our exegesis of this verse, therefore, is in line with the analysis of the letter. Again, the writer confronts his readers with the superiority of Jesus’ blood as over against that of the Levitical sacrifices.
Translation: But ye have come to Mount Sion, even to the city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable multitude of angels, to a festal gathering, and to the assembly of the first born who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men who have been made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of the new testament, and to the blood which speaks better things than that of Abel."

I hope this helps.

Love You,
Chopper
:hug
Hello, Chopper. This interpretation can be heard in almost any local assembly. Theologian Professor of the Greek language, Dr. Kenneth Wuest does not know what means the phrase "the church of the firstborn", so he leaves only the word "church" for his interpretation. The rest he threw away as unnecessary. He treats other terms incorrectly as well. This passage proves once again that the knowledge of ancient Greek and Hebrew does not affect the knowledge of biblical truth.

Hello, Chopper. This interpretation can be heard in almost any local assembly. Theologian Professor of the Greek language, Dr. Kenneth Wuest does not know what means the phrase "the church of the firstborn", so he leaves only the word "church" for his interpretation. The rest he threw away as unnecessary. He treats other terms incorrectly as well. This passage proves once again that the knowledge of ancient Greek and Hebrew does not affect the knowledge of biblical truth.

Opps, sorry. The church of the first born would mean the Church of Christ Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back