Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The top 12 TV theme songs

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Gilligans Island and Addams Family. The others I wasn't too fond off. Although I do remember the "Welcome Back Kotter" theme actually was played on the radio.

I have The Untouchables theme and the Perry Mason theme in my iPod. I am talking about the old TV series Untouchable theme. I need to get Star Trek theme, and also the I Love Lucy theme.

The Fresh Prince, The Flintstones and Sesame Street - absolutely! I can still sing all of them. Where's the Ghostbusters theme tune though?! I would have thought that was possibly the most well known of any theme tune...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Happy Days" oh yeah, I can remember all the words to that one, as well as Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Sesame Street, Flintstones...yep.

Never could and never will be able to figure out what Laverne and Shirley's theme song was. :confused

Remember these?

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl and you should know it,
With each glance and every little movement you show it!

Love is all around, no need to waste it.
You can have a town, why don't you take it?
You're gonna make it after all!

===

Here we come, walking down the streets
Getting funniest looks from
Everyone we meet
Hey, hey we're the ......
People say we're monkeying around
We're too busy singing
To put anybody down

======

Tra la la, lalalala
Tra la la, la la la la la
Tra la la, lalalala
Tra la la, la la la la la

(There's more, but who can guess it from this? ;))

=====

Just the good ole boys
Never meaning no harm
Beats all you ever saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the day they were born

Straitening curves
Flattening hills
Someday the mountain might get them
But the law never will

========

Come listen to my story of a man named Jed
Poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed
Then one day he was shootin at some food
And up from the ground came a bubbling brew
Oil, that is! Black gold, Texas tea!

=========

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl and you should know it,
With each glance and every little movement you show it!

Love is all around, no need to waste it.
You can have a town, why don't you take it?
You're gonna make it after all!

I was so in love with her.

So was my brother...as much as he would try to hide it. But, man I still remember the big fight we had when I wanted to switch off MTM and put on something else.

HUH!!!???

No Hawaii Five-0??? It reached # 4 on the charts.

What about Friends? It reached #17.

The Courtship of Eddie's father, "Best Friend"?

Geesh, what a lame list. :lol

Have gun will travel
Now your talking:thumbsup

And when I was a kid in the the 60's this cartoon is from around 62 or 63, I loved this Hercules cartoon theme, and I still do.
[video=youtube;ZAMm7XwdD_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAMm7XwdD_M[/video]

High Chaparral, Have Gun Will Travel, Rawhide, Man From UNCLE, Wackiest Ship in the Army, Perry Mason, Jackie Gleason Show, The Jeffersons, Rocky&Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle, The Bugs Bunny Show, The Muppets, Peter Gunn , The Avengers

High Chaparral, Have Gun Will Travel, Rawhide, Man From UNCLE, Wackiest Ship in the Army, Perry Mason, Jackie Gleason Show, The Jeffersons, Rocky&Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle, The Bugs Bunny Show, The Muppets, Peter Gunn , The Avengers
:thumbsup

Now your talking:thumbsup

And when I was a kid in the the 60's this cartoon is from around 62 or 63, I loved this Hercules cartoon theme, and I still do.
[video=youtube;ZAMm7XwdD_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAMm7XwdD_M[/video]

ah the sixties quick five minute toons. i wasnt born then but i watched alot of those on the cartooon express that used to run on the usa network.

My two favorites are both instrumental, and, probably not coincidentally, both written by the same composer: the theme from "Airwolf" and the theme from "Otherworld". You probably haven't heard of the second one... very obscure SF program from the mid-eighties that tanked after very bad ratings and only about seven or eight episodes aired. (Shame. It was a good show.)

My two favorites are both instrumental, and, probably not coincidentally, both written by the same composer: the theme from "Airwolf" and the theme from "Otherworld". You probably haven't heard of the second one... very obscure SF program from the mid-eighties that tanked after very bad ratings and only about seven or eight episodes aired. (Shame. It was a good show.)
oh this?

[video=youtube;Xp1t9WLL9F4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp1t9WLL9F4[/video]

ACTUALLY , the usa network picked that up and it ran for two seasons. if i recall. it ran right after airwolf on the cbs network here at 9pm est. i was 11 yrs old when those aired and i remember that time clearly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back