Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth The Ultimate forgiveness

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Have you ever been falsely accused of something? I know people who have been falsely accused and have spent many years in prison for crimes they did not commit. How would you feel if it were you? You can never recover your good name when you are sentenced for a crime. You are branded and marked for life. It is a good thing that life is temporary and we have a final judgment with the true judge. Once He passes judgment it if forever. But his judgment is perfect and ours isn’t.

Jesus was falsely accused. His court proceedings were against every law and custom of the time. He was whisked away in the night, accused by a kangaroo court, beaten, and crucified. All were false accusations and the proceedings were illegal.

However, His death on the cross served a higher purpose. His death served to take away the sins of the world.

“He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His Mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.”

Isaiah 53:7-8

We very rarely believe people when they tell us they did not commit the crime they were accused of, but I believe these people are in good company because Jesus was crucified for crimes he didn’t commit. Jesus forgave us for the ultimate of sin of crucifying him when he was falsely accused. So why are people in churches today so reluctant to forgive people society calls “felons?” Is it because the world has somehow convinced us that felons are unforgivable sinners or are we forgetting that Jesus died for all? Everyone’s sin can be forgiven and there is no such thing as an irredeemable sinner. We as Christians should be the example and forgive as Jesus did.

Have you ever been falsely accused of something? I know people who have been falsely accused and have spent many years in prison for crimes they did not commit. How would you feel if it were you? You can never recover your good name when you are sentenced for a crime. You are branded and marked for life. It is a good thing that life is temporary and we have a final judgment with the true judge. Once He passes judgment it if forever. But his judgment is perfect and ours isn’t.

Jesus was falsely accused. His court proceedings were against every law and custom of the time. He was whisked away in the night, accused by a kangaroo court, beaten, and crucified. All were false accusations and the proceedings were illegal.

However, His death on the cross served a higher purpose. His death served to take away the sins of the world.

“He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His Mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.”

Isaiah 53:7-8

We very rarely believe people when they tell us they did not commit the crime they were accused of, but I believe these people are in good company because Jesus was crucified for crimes he didn’t commit. Jesus forgave us for the ultimate of sin of crucifying him when he was falsely accused. So why are people in churches today so reluctant to forgive people society calls “felons?” Is it because the world has somehow convinced us that felons are unforgivable sinners or are we forgetting that Jesus died for all? Everyone’s sin can be forgiven and there is no such thing as an irredeemable sinner. We as Christians should be the example and forgive as Jesus did.

You are so right Sandy, I makes me sad but you hit the nail on the head with this thread. Christians, sometimes are like Israel, they are too proud of their position and look down on those who are in trouble. They think, "people who are in trouble have no one to blame but themselves, they deserve their punishment". It never enters their mind that they might be innocent, like you say.

When I was the pastor of one of the churches I served in, a man was accused of rape and sentenced to several years in prison. He was able to contact me and explained he was innocent. I went to the prison and met with him. He responded to the invitation to become a Christian. I told him that God will now work in his behalf and defend the innocent. About a month later, he contacted me and told me that the woman who accused him recanted that accusation and he was free. Wow, is God great or what?

So thank you for reminding me of Jesus' ordeal to save us from our sins and our eternal life as a gift of His terrible death on the cross.

You are so right Sandy, I makes me sad but you hit the nail on the head with this thread. Christians, sometimes are like Israel, they are too proud of their position and look down on those who are in trouble. They think, "people who are in trouble have no one to blame but themselves, they deserve their punishment". It never enters their mind that they might be innocent, like you say.

When I was the pastor of one of the churches I served in, a man was accused of rape and sentenced to several years in prison. He was able to contact me and explained he was innocent. I went to the prison and met with him. He responded to the invitation to become a Christian. I told him that God will now work in his behalf and defend the innocent. About a month later, he contacted me and told me that the woman who accused him recanted that accusation and he was free. Wow, is God great or what?

So thank you for reminding me of Jesus' ordeal to save us from our sins and our eternal life as a gift of His terrible death on the cross.
I have done prison ministry and there are so many people in prison who don't deserve to be there. Thanks for you ministry to the prisoner. It is a great need we have.

I have done prison ministry and there are so many people in prison who don't deserve to be there. Thanks for you ministry to the prisoner. It is a great need we have.

Oh Sandy, thank you so much for your love toward those in prison. I too had a prison ministry. I think it was for about four years. I met some wonderful men there, some gave their lives to the Lord. Whenever I had my studies there, a guard had to be there at all times. Boy, he heard the Gospel for sure, but never learned if it had any impact with him. Today, since I'm not a full time pastor, I'm not allowed in there but I have good memories. Are you still involved?

our x son in law is a a voice of the jail house come to Jesus moment that has lasted for about 20 years ! :sohappy

Lots of different folks were used of GOD

our x son in law is a a voice of the jail house come to Jesus moment that has lasted for about 20 years ! :sohappy

Lots of different folks were used of GOD

That is a blessing for sure. The church that I attend today has a good prison ministry and they also go to a number of nursing homes. They always seem to generate good testimonies that glorify Jesus.

Yes, I am new, but this forum has welcomed me with open arms. The leaders really have a vision and want to fulfill that vision.

Wow, for someone so new to the forum, you have been given a lot of responsibility. I pray, my Sister, that the Lord will grant you wisdom to fill those positions. God bless you!

I hate to split hairs here, but when Jesus was on the cross He requested that God forgive those who crucified Him, He did not actually forgive them. There is a huge difference here.

But to your point, we should always have a heart of forgiveness; however, there is a prerequisite to forgiveness, that being the party to be forgiven be repentant of the sin for which they are to be forgiven. This is another area we are to look to Jesus for an example. When you look at each instance where Jesus forgave someone there is always the element the individual is displaying a repentant heart, or specifically requested it. Jesus always forgave those who had a repentant heart.

To highlight this just read through the accounts where the pharisees challenged Him.

I hate to split hairs here, but when Jesus was on the cross He requested that God forgive those who crucified Him, He did not actually forgive them. There is a huge difference here.

But to your point, we should always have a heart of forgiveness; however, there is a prerequisite to forgiveness, that being the party to be forgiven be repentant of the sin for which they are to be forgiven. This is another area we are to look to Jesus for an example. When you look at each instance where Jesus forgave someone there is always the element the individual is displaying a repentant heart, or specifically requested it. Jesus always forgave those who had a repentant heart.

To highlight this just read through the accounts where the pharisees challenged Him.

Oh my! You are right. I hadn't thought of it that way. Can we focus on this a little? This is the first time our path's have crossed. I feel, in the Spirit, that you have a lot of wisdom to share with me. I thank you so much for making yourself known.

You say that there is a huge difference in Jesus' asking forgiveness of the Father for the sins of the people. I agree with that. Now, in the past, a Christian couple sinned against my wife and I. They, to this day, have not asked forgiveness. My wife is dead now, and I had bitter feelings toward them. Every time I thought of that couple, I wanted bad things to happen to them. I decided that my bitterness was only bothering me, so I decided to ask God to forgive them, and I decided not to hold their sin against me anymore. God, it says, removes our sins from His remembrance. I have done the same.

Wow, your statement about Jesus asking God to forgive them instead of Him forgiving them is a startling revelation. It really suggests that I need to know more about it. Would you feel you could share a little of your wisdom on this subject?

Oh my! You are right. I hadn't thought of it that way. Can we focus on this a little? This is the first time our path's have crossed. I feel, in the Spirit, that you have a lot of wisdom to share with me. I thank you so much for making yourself known.

You say that there is a huge difference in Jesus' asking forgiveness of the Father for the sins of the people. I agree with that. Now, in the past, a Christian couple sinned against my wife and I. They, to this day, have not asked forgiveness. My wife is dead now, and I had bitter feelings toward them. Every time I thought of that couple, I wanted bad things to happen to them. I decided that my bitterness was only bothering me, so I decided to ask God to forgive them, and I decided not to hold their sin against me anymore. God, it says, removes our sins from His remembrance. I have done the same.

Wow, your statement about Jesus asking God to forgive them instead of Him forgiving them is a startling revelation. It really suggests that I need to know more about it. Would you feel you could share a little of your wisdom on this subject?
It more has to do with not allowing the sin from others to rule your life, and to always have a forgiving spirit. As Jesus told his disciple who asked him how many times we should forgive someone, Jesus responded with seventy times seven, but the gist is that we should always be ready to forgive, as God will hold us accountable for our sins should we refuse to forgive others who have trespassed against us and have repented of those transgressions.

Again, they key is having the willingness to forgive no matter what. The actual act is contingent upon the transgressor repenting of their sin and asking for forgiveness.

I had been falsely accused by my previous wife and to this day I and our children continue to pay that price.
For years I was bitter and full of anger. It was slowly killing me inside eating away at the very fabric of my soul.
It took a lot to let that bitterness go and to move on with my life while trying to hold on to a glimmer of hope that dangled in the thread of a dream.

It was that dream and knowing in my heart what I desired and the ability to look forward to an unknown future, knowing that the dream would take new form as the years went by and as I put my thoughts toward what could be, the past slipped behind me and when it did, I started to see the past with all new eyes and that bitterness for being falsely accused started to fade and turned to pity as I grew and matured until one day the words of Jesus cut through my soul, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do" and that bitter root that was consuming me died, and compassion filled my heart. To this day, I wish my ex the best and feel sorrow when I hear about her struggles, both for her sake, and our childrens sake.

How come Jesus could say, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do" and he could endure the beatings, the mocking and the nails driven into his body and put up on display as a criminal of the worst kind for all to see his flesh being put to the death in such a horrific manner.

Could it be perhaps,.. because he was able to see those who persecuted him as they really were? Is it possible he actually had compassion on them? Do you think he knew that one day (acts 2) they would realize what they had done wrong and repent? Perhaps. But maybe, just maybe he loves us so much he wants to show us that there is a better way to live, and that there is a better life ahead of us... and we ought to dream big, because our God is a big God who loves us as children.

I had been falsely accused by my previous wife and to this day I and our children continue to pay that price.
For years I was bitter and full of anger. It was slowly killing me inside eating away at the very fabric of my soul.
It took a lot to let that bitterness go and to move on with my life while trying to hold on to a glimmer of hope that dangled in the thread of a dream.

It was that dream and knowing in my heart what I desired and the ability to look forward to an unknown future, knowing that the dream would take new form as the years went by and as I put my thoughts toward what could be, the past slipped behind me and when it did, I started to see the past with all new eyes and that bitterness for being falsely accused started to fade and turned to pity as I grew and matured until one day the words of Jesus cut through my soul, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do" and that bitter root that was consuming me died, and compassion filled my heart. To this day, I wish my ex the best and feel sorrow when I hear about her struggles, both for her sake, and our childrens sake.

How come Jesus could say, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do" and he could endure the beatings, the mocking and the nails driven into his body and put up on display as a criminal of the worst kind for all to see his flesh being put to the death in such a horrific manner.

Could it be perhaps,.. because he was able to see those who persecuted him as they really were? Is it possible he actually had compassion on them? Do you think he knew that one day (acts 2) they would realize what they had done wrong and repent? Perhaps. But maybe, just maybe he loves us so much he wants to show us that there is a better way to live, and that there is a better life ahead of us... and we ought to dream big, because our God is a big God who loves us as children.

Wow my friend, What a testimony!!!!!! You are high and lifted up in my mind, I honor you my loving Brother. Thank you soooo much for sharing your broken heart in those matters. You are a great example of forgiveness and your hearts repair. Only Jesus could have taken control of those terrible circumstances and brought you out as a champion for Christ.

May God richly bless you and your children....Have you remarried? I certainly hope and pray for your happiness.

Chopper
Yes I did marry again to a wonderful woman who has blessed me in so many ways. I love her deeply and we have a 14 year old son who is the apple of my eye. Were hitting wrestling season... you'll hear me bragging on him in the coming months.

Anyway, Sandy Zalecki has an excellent topic at hand and I am greatful and appreciative for her heart on the matter of false accusations.

Chopper
Yes I did marry again to a wonderful woman who has blessed me in so many ways. I love her deeply and we have a 14 year old son who is the apple of my eye. Were hitting wrestling season... you'll hear me bragging on him in the coming months.

Anyway, Sandy Zalecki has an excellent topic at hand and I am greatful and appreciative for her heart on the matter of false accusations.

I'm so happy for you. I'm glad that you are loved by a good woman, they are hard to find. Oh boy, wrestling, a very tough sport. Keep me up to date on his matches and I will pray for his success.

I recently communicated with Sandy. You are right, she has a good heart and love for the downtrodden.

Thank you so much for your friendship. I will be praying for you and your family. Let me know if something comes up that you need prayer for.

Back