Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Voice

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Slider

Folks,

There is a new Bible on the market called "The Voice". You can read about it here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religi...ious/gqlf+(Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines)

This new Bible version omits the name "Christ", the words "apostle" and "angel". I think they have a website at: www.hearthevoice.com.

So, anyone planning to get and follow this Bible?

Personally, I object. I have admitted in my intro that I am pretty hard lined in the KJV. Yet, I will accept and acknowledge that some may go with another version. This causes problems, as was seen in my recent discussion with Dadof10. I stick with my source, yet Dad does his.... It does cause a clash.

For the record, I only quote from the KJV. I do not dismiss other versions immediately, but I will take a verse under consideration (in it's version) and yes, see what the KJV says first. Then go with that.

The various articles I've read about this new version is that it makes it more readable to the average person. What Bible version doesn't? I have seen that statement before. Yet, even though I have no more intelligence than any, I have no problem with the language of the KJV. I probably have more diligence.... I have access to dictionaries, thesauresus, Strongs, Thayers, etc.... But the KJV doesn't intimidate me in it's language. Perhaps I've just become accustomed to it. "Thee' and Thou's" don't intimidate me.

What I really dislike is "Bible jumpers". People sometimes will go to the KJV for one verse, then jump to another Bible version that best makes their point for another verse. Sometimes they will go three or four versions deep to claim their point. With so many Bible versions, it's not hard to find one that fits your personal beliefs.

That's why I stick to the KJV. More importantly, I stick to only ONE version of the Bible. If I have -- say -- five versions at my disposal, I can find one to properly define a verse. Yet, if I stick with one and one only, I am nailed down. It's actually good for both me and anyone who wants to debate an issue.

So, back to the main subject.... Anyone interested in this new Bible? If so, why?

Don't trust any dynamic translations of the bible. They take way too much liberty with the meanings of words and importortant concepts in theology is subsequently lost.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back