Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Wisdom of God

What is the Wisdom of God according to Scripture?

• The Words of the Bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian Theology

• The Christian beliefs of my denomination

• Other

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Adams son said:
Think about what you are saying.

Scripture is not the breath of God. The Spirit is the breath of God.

Scripture was written by those who had the Spirit of God and that is why it is "God breathed". It doesn't mean the squiggles on your paper page are the "breath of God."
You've got to have the Holy Spirit in order for it to be alive.
See...
Hebrews 4:12.
12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Adams son said:
It doesn't mean the squiggles on your paper page are the "breath of God."

I don't believe that's what Destiny was implying.

destiny said:
You've got to have the Holy Spirit in order for it to be alive.
See...
Hebrews 4:12.
12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Um that verse is not about the Bible but about the person Jesus Christ himself, judging people on judgment day

"Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it..... So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God..... For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart and there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to His eyes with whom we have to do. Therefore, since we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God....

"In the beginning was the Word....." (John 1:1).

In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength. (Revelation 1:15).

Sorry but your Bible is not a living thing. Jesus lives.

So the Creator gives us His history concerning man, His testimony to the world of men through God the Holy Spirit, His desire to once again have the relationship He had with Adam but this time with multitudes. From one fallen many are saved, to be cleansed for reconciliation for fellowship with their God. What wisdom there is in that! He gives us His will through the written word for generations upon generations to be taught who He is and what He's about.
Reading the very first 3 chapters of Genesis and the very last two chapters of Revelation gives us the big picture of what is contained within the bible, God's history for the reconciliation of man for that same fellowship when He walked with man in the garden.

Why do you people even bother to respond? Unless you get inside his head or give every possible answer and get it right by process of elimination, you will never win. :-?

Vic said:
Why do you people even bother to respond? Unless you get inside his head or give every possible answer and get it right by process of elimination, you will never win. :-?

For me this isn't about winning. This is about an opportunity to show purpose of God's will through His Word. I'll say my peace, I'll try as I may to shed light on His written word then after that I'll post no more on the subject. I'm not here for argument but to bring to light the impotance of the bible to the believer. If the desire to know Christ is there then the bible can fulfill that desire. If not, then it's just a bunch of meaningless words, the way I viewed it 8 years ago. Been there, done that.

Well God bless you for trying. I will say, that if I met a teacher that only asked questions and rebuked me but NEVER gave answers, ever, I'd walk away.

lol!

The options given miss the point of God's word, therefore it's "other".

The wisdom of God is his plan of salvation for reconcilliation with man to once again walk with him as He did before the fall. This is His purpose, the bible is His story to man who was given freewill to make a choice. The bible is a love story, the story and history of God's love affair with the unfaithful, rebellious nature of men.
From one to multitudes and by their freewill from a sinful nature. Indeed, what wisdom this is.

As I said before, read the first 3 and the last 2 chapters of the bible to know the plot of the book. Rules of literature will also teach the same, make the case or begin the story then tie it up at the end to reflect the beginning. What's in between is the story of transition from the beginning to outcome in the end.
This is the story of God's pursuit of man, not man's pursuit of God.

Vic said:
You can't get it right by process of elimination either. :wink:

I think defining the purpose of the Word is the key.
Most feel it's how we should live or what we are supposed to do etc. But the bible is not a rule book. It's a love story. If it touches your heart then the love that's felt, known, will guide one to do what is important. The desire should not be to follow steps to gain something but to allow the love of Christ, the desire emplaced within the heart by the Spirit itself, to be the motivation to form a more perfect relationship with our Lord and Saviour.
Herein lies the tie of scripture to the will of God, to God Himself, to Jesus the Christ.

PotLuck said:
I think defining the purpose of the Word is the key.
Most feel it's how we should live or what we are supposed to do etc. But the bible is not a rule book. It's a love story. If it touches your heart then the love that's felt, known, will guide one to do what is important. The desire should not be to follow steps to gain something but to allow the love of Christ, the desire emplaced within the heart by the Spirit itself, to be the motivation to form a more perfect relationship with our Lord and Saviour.
Herein lies the tie of scripture to the will of God, to God Himself, to Jesus the Christ.
Thanks PotLuck.

Good points by everyone.

What would you do if you didn't have a Bible, nor could get one anywhere?

If I had no opportunity to get a Bible, Charlotte, I believe that all that God has done in Jesus, would still remain. He is the Wisdom of God. Everything points to Him, doesn't it? I mean the words that we read and study, the teachings all lead to Him, who is described as the Word, and who is described as the exact representation of God. He reveals the invisible God to us. The essential message of the scriptures points to Jesus, and what God has done through Him, is what I understand. Just my view.
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2He was in the beginning with God.

3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. (John 1)

God bless.

I'm not a theologian, and I don't pretend to be--but I think the whole of everything you're talking about can be summed up in one word; "Love". When we act and speak in love, it changes the nature of everything we say-and the way others take the things we say. When we think in terms of love and compassion, caring about others, how they feel in whatever given situation- how our actions affect them- love needs to be the guide. This is not to say that there aren't terrible things in the world, or that there aren't cases where reprimand is necessary- but we need to do all of it in love. Jesus showed this in all of his actions, even at the cross when he said "Father, forgive them-for they know not what they do". Mercy and compassion were evident in him, even then.

We can talk all we want to, going on and on about this point or that point- but unless you do it in the spirit of love, it breaks down into petty arguing and harsh feelings. And if the things we say don't build up and encourage, what is the point? To show our knowledge? Do the things we say demonstrate Christ's love, do our actions demonstrate it?

Just something to think about, I suppose--

Charlotte said:
(1Cor, 1:24) But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, CHRIST the power of God, and THE WISDOM OF GOD.

God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.

But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us WISDOM.

Why are some of the threads locked?

Charlotte

It seems to me they are locked because they caused too much division among believers and not enough unity. I think it was a good thing.

It seems to me they are locked because the majority has different beliefs than we do. We are considered heretics and preach the doctrine of Satan.
according to most on here. Therefore we are considered the problem.

Heidi, it isn't our belief that caused all of the problem, it is the fact that no one agrees with it. No one likes to even think about the salvation of all people even if God did.

Charlotte

Back