Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The women who control their husbands

Classik

Majority of rich women (including Christians) control their husbands. Why? Should it be so? Once a woman is the breadwinner...and is a lot richer...there is every tendency that she converts the husband into a senior houseboy. They insult and humiliate their husbands. I know there are other good women who respect their husbands in spite of being the breadwinner.

Majority of rich women (including Christians) control their husbands. Why? Should it be so? Once a woman is the breadwinner...and is a lot richer...there is every tendency that she converts the husband into a senior houseboy. They insult and humiliate their husbands. I know there are other good women who respect their husbands in spite of being the breadwinner.

C: There are several things about your post which are rather inaccurate, full of assumptions which so often do not apply. Maybe you could think hard and consider the words you use before you start new threads?

(Just a suggestion.)

I don't know that it is a valid presumption they do control their husbands.

I talk out of experience. I have known counsellors. I have seen alot. Besides I attend Christian programs where altar call are made and people repent of their past sins. These women are everywhere. I have them. I know them. Majority are unbelievers. I can count the number of those who don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
They insult and humiliate their husbands.
And their husbands will enjoy it. :whip

Just kidding. ;)

Anyway, it doesn't require to be the bread winner for a woman to be a control freak. It's a matter of self confidence. A confident woman will not have to suppress anyone, regardless of whether she earns more or not. Only women with a weak self-worth feel like they must prove themselve to their husbands or fight for control. Same goes for men.

Thanks for your reply. However some women are naturally the dominant type. They are doing it unconsciously (and most at times they are right - doing the right thing.)

Thanks for your reply. However some women are naturally the dominant type. They are doing it unconsciously (and most at times they are right - doing the right thing.)

Yeah and some men are naturally submissive... so if the right two people get together they will be happy with reversed power. Now I wonder, is it better to let them live their marriage in their way, or should we pull Ephesians 5:22 on them and urge them to change who they naturally are?

Well, the Bible says, 'His commandments are not grievous' (1 John 5.3). Domestically, the Lord has called us to peace (1 Corinthians 7.15), as Paul says.

The gentleman I'm dating and I have discussed this. I do make more (not substantially but I'm a senior in our career where he's a junior so ... ) and he's so introverted that he makes my introverted self look almost extroverted. So yeah, we've talked about proper roles and I flat out asked him if it would make him uncomfortable if we got married if I made more than him. I think a lot of this can be worked out with good communication between partners, and finding the right balance for the duo in question. In my case, he is much stronger with finances and his walk with the Lord than I am, so I gladly follow his lead there. I am tomboyishly handy with saws and stuff, and can repair a lot of minor household or car issues, so I tend to take the lead there. (PS: no, we do not live together) ... so ... yeah ... communicate ...

And their husbands will enjoy it. :whip

Just kidding. ;)

Anyway, it doesn't require to be the bread winner for a woman to be a control freak. It's a matter of self confidence. A confident woman will not have to suppress anyone, regardless of whether she earns more or not. Only women with a weak self-worth feel like they must prove themselve to their husbands or fight for control. Same goes for men.
:amen

Best post thus far. It isn't limited to men or women. It is a flaw in the whole species.

The gentleman I'm dating and I have discussed this. I do make more (not substantially but I'm a senior in our career where he's a junior so ... ) and he's so introverted that he makes my introverted self look almost extroverted. So yeah, we've talked about proper roles and I flat out asked him if it would make him uncomfortable if we got married if I made more than him. I think a lot of this can be worked out with good communication between partners, and finding the right balance for the duo in question. In my case, he is much stronger with finances and his walk with the Lord than I am, so I gladly follow his lead there. I am tomboyishly handy with saws and stuff, and can repair a lot of minor household or car issues, so I tend to take the lead there. (PS: no, we do not live together) ... so ... yeah ... communicate ...

This is a lovely post. Thank you

I am tomboyishly handy with saws and stuff, and can repair a lot of
minor household or car issues, so I tend to take the lead there.

One reason I quit high school was I could NOT take auto shop... class of 64..... . a couple years later in city college I wanted small motor repair and was told no " we leave those openings for men wanting to support their families" ... I should have been born a bit later But I trust the Lord knew with He was doing... Said all that to say hello to a sister! Age has caught up and the strength has mostly left I enjoy small electric and plumbing projects....

One reason I quit high school was I could NOT take auto shop... class of 64..... . a couple years later in city college I wanted small motor repair and was told no " we leave those openings for men wanting to support their families" ... I should have been born a bit later But I trust the Lord knew with He was doing... Said all that to say hello to a sister! Age has caught up and the strength has mostly left I enjoy small electric and plumbing projects....

:D I totally understand that. I'm a generation later than that but I still run into the "you can't do that you're a girl". I've proven them wrong every time, just because I could. If I can't do something because I'm not strong enough, or dexterous enough, or smart enough ... I am OK with that (though I might challenge myself to improve). Otherwise ... watch out ... LOL (yeah, I have a rather strong spirited streak in me LOL)

Women...men....no one in any relationship should be accused/allowed to be a control factor. Each individual is to contribute to the development and success of the other in a way that brings out the best qualities in both.

Women...men....no one in any relationship should be accused/allowed to be a control factor. Each individual is to contribute to the development and success of the other in a way that brings out the best qualities in both.

In Scripture, headship and equality are complementary. This is the case with the relationship between God the Father and God the Son also.

Back