Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

then what?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I can end up in different directions, looking for an outside take on it
Are you ready , and I mean really ready ? Here is the prayer I said , but only pray it if you are really ready for change .

I prayed some I said to God , "Give me something to do for the Kingdom of God " .

what do you do with faith, after you know God is real?
Hey All,
Great question. Let's find an answer.

James 2:14-18 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James says we need to put our faith to work. The faith that allows us to know the will of God, also allows us to do the will of God.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

This doesn't need a lot of commentary.
Put faith to work.
Shine.
Make your actions reflect your beliefs.
All to the glory of God.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hi GCoriginal good question.

After coming to Jesus by that of God's grace through faith that is Christ Jesus we then start building up our faith in Him by learning who He is and what our relationship with Him is all about. Faith comes by hearing the word of God and the more you study praying and asking the Holy Spirit teach you your faith will become stronger by the knowledge you will gain in the word of God. We walk by faith, not by sight as faith comes by hearing through the word of God.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Are you ready , and I mean really ready ? Here is the prayer I said , but only pray it if you are really ready for change .

I prayed some I said to God , "Give me something to do for the Kingdom of God " .
☹ I know I'm not.

Even though I try to live as Christ did, I don't think I'm in position to be able to do something significant for God. I'm already perplexed enough as it is.

Many say these, and jump to conclusion that they can handle it, just to appear as they have faith and others not. But truth is, it's okay to accept not being ready currently.

☹ I know I'm not.
I was not ready for what came after the prayer either but I wanted a change in the direction I was going as a Christian . I had to hang on for dear life but God gave me the strength to do that ! He was right there with me .
Even though I try to live as Christ did, I don't think I'm in position to be able to do something significant for God. I'm already perplexed enough as it is.
And you are not the first to think that , remember the OT story of Jonah ? He ran from God KNOWING God was real .
Many say these, and jump to conclusion that they can handle it, just to appear as they have faith and others not. But truth is, it's okay to accept not being ready currently.
God will not give you anything that you can not do as long as you rely on His help and guidance . The Holy Spirit is there to empower you .

☹ I know I'm not.

Hey All,
You are correct iwll42. You are not in a position to do anything significant for God. Guess what? Neither am I. God doesn't need our ability. He needs our availability.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

This is our part. God will take care of how great an impact it needs to be. So go shine.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Well, what are you talking about when you use the term "God"? Are you thinking of some Zeus-like being? Maybe some bearded dude lounging on clouds, smiling and innocuous? Or do you understand God to be who the Bible says He is? He sure isn't anything like some silly, over-sexed, temperamental Greek god, raping women and throwing lightning bolts around, nor is he the more modern Hollywood version of God, an enigmatic, white-suited Morgan Freeman, like in the movie "Bruce Almighty." No, the God revealed to us in the Bible is:

- All-knowing: God has always known all things. He is never deceived about anything. He has never obtained new knowledge; He does not learn because He already knows everything, past, present and future.
- All-powerful: No one comes anywhere close to Him in power. All the power in the entire universe combined does not exceed His own. He is the Ultimate Source of all power, in fact.
- Everywhere present.
- Timeless. Without beginning or end. Not born, not created, not caused to come into being in the past.
- "A se": Existing as a necessity of His own being; He is non-contingent, the necessary First Cause.
- The Source, and Sustainer, of all that exists. If God ceased to exist, all else would cease to exist, too.
- Immaterial. A Spirit. Though, revealed to us in material form in the Person of Jesus Christ.
- Perfectly holy, loving, just, gracious, faithful and merciful. Without sin, or the slightest shadow of darkness. Cannot lie. Does not tempt any person to evil. Hates sin utterly and will one day judge the unrepentant wicked.
- God needs nothing and cannot be diminished or improved in any way.

This is something of what we know of God, as described in the Bible. He sure isn't the silly, very human cartoon we are often encouraged to think He is. He can't be killed. He can't be outwitted. He can't be subjected to our will.

Strangely, astonishingly, God wants us to know Him and enjoy fellowship with Him every day. He is not distant and disinterested in us but holds out to us a direct, personal experience of Himself. In light of what is explained above, what do think that experience must be like? What would be the necessary dynamics of relating with such a Being?

Hi GCoriginal

You strive to live it out as God and His Son and Spirit have shown us in God's word. However, let me be clear, there is just a bit more to it than 'knowing that God is real'. If you believe that God is real, then you must also believe that it is His real desire that you come to Him through His Son, Jesus. Have you done that?

As the Scriptures declare, even Satan knows that God is real.

God bless,
Ted

Back