Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

There Is No Such Thing as A Future The Antichrist.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
People would do well to read Rev. 5:13 before jumping to crazy end time conclusions:

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

Total Victory For Christ

End of the devil and his messengers

That's how this wicked age will end and it will in fact be quite entirely GLORIOUS
Do you believe everyone will be saved in the end?

People would do well to read Rev. 5:13 before jumping to crazy end time conclusions:

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

Total Victory For Christ

End of the devil and his messengers

That's how this wicked age will end and it will in fact be quite entirely GLORIOUS

Compare the vision John was given in Rev 5:11-14 with another vision he was given Rev 20:11-15 and you will see that not everyone is found written in the Lamb's book of life. Rev 5 is speaking about all being in unison giving honor, glory and praise to the Lord as the time has now come for He alone is worthy to open the scrolls.

Rev 5:11-14 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

There are many in heaven that can not be numbered by man which also includes the spirits of those who are asleep in the grave as their spirits are reserved with God in heaven. They are all in unison giving honor, glory and praise to the Lord for now is come the time of the end of ages and all will be with the Lord when the New Jerusalem is ushered down to a new purified heaven and earth.

Rev 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God and the books were opened and another book was opened, which is the book of life and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
John sees in his vision a great white throne and Him that sits in righteous judgment. The he is Christ Jesus in whom God has committed all judgment unto Him, Daniel 2:31-35; John 5:21-27, and now sits on His own throne beside the throne of God. Also at this time the heaven and earth will pass away as there is no place found of them anymore, Matthew 24:35.

All people from every nation that have been raised from the dead are gathered before the throne of God and His Son Christ Jesus seated on His throne of glory as He separates the sheep from the goats, Matthew 25:31-46. The books are opened with one of them being the Lamb's book of life where all the saints of God have their names written as they have part of the resurrection and already judged and receive eternal life on such the second death hath no power, Rev 20:6; 1 Corinthians 15:54-57.

The other book is opened being the book of damnation where the enemies of God that were killed while trying to destroy the camp of the saints are now joined with those enemies of Christ that were also raised from their graves in the resurrection and are reserved unto the day of judgment, 2 Peter 2:9. They are now condemned, judged and will be cast into the lake of fire. And death (Spiritually dead) and hell (the grave) are cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Your reasoning is incorrect.
First there was no "future Messiah that they were to receive."
Jesus was at AT THAT TIME(NOT future) the only Messiah that they would get.
And second they never received Him. Instead they murdered Him.

Then this: Even IF there was a future Messiah mentioned in this passage (and there is NOT)
But even If there was one mentioned,
Then your proposition would be this:
Because the Messiah is real and not a generic figure
THEREFORE the "someone else" of John 5:43 MUST ALSO be a real specific future.
This is illogical and totally unreasonable.

Here is the whole passage in John chapter 5

31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true.32There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.
33 “You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth.34Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved.35John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.
36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me.37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.39You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
41 “I do not accept glory from human beings,42but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.43I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.44How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.46If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.47But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

I thank you for your interest in the OP and for your participation,
but I think you and I are finished here. We live in different worlds
with regard to how to interpret the Holy Bible.

God bless.

JAG

``
It is in you as a person that the nature of God is revealed, for a scriptural episode is not a record of an historical event, but a parabolic revelation of truth. To see Jesus or David as an historical character is to see truth tempered to the weakness of your soul. You must see what the characters represent, rather than the characters themselves. This is true for every story in scripture, for every episode will unfold within you.

The title of the 54th Psalm is translated as “David is hiding with us” in the King James Version, and “David is in hiding among us” in the Revised Standard Version; but the title should read: “David is in hiding within us,” for that is where he is, as well as every character in scripture. When I say, with Blake: “All that you behold, though it appears without it is within, in your Imagination of which this world of mortality is but a shadow,” I mean that literally, for the drama of life unfolds from within.

The characters Jesus, David, Abraham, and Moses are but personifications of eternal states, which you individually will encounter as you move towards the ultimate awakening of being God himself. In his poem, “Saul” Robert Browning tells the story recorded in the 16th chapter of the Book of First Samuel, of how David cured Saul of the evil spirits which the Lord had sent upon him.

It is in you as a person that the nature of God is revealed, for a scriptural episode is not a record of an historical event, but a parabolic revelation of truth. To see Jesus or David as an historical character is to see truth tempered to the weakness of your soul. You must see what the characters represent, rather than the characters themselves. This is true for every story in scripture, for every episode will unfold within you.

The title of the 54th Psalm is translated as “David is hiding with us” in the King James Version, and “David is in hiding among us” in the Revised Standard Version; but the title should read: “David is in hiding within us,” for that is where he is, as well as every character in scripture. When I say, with Blake: “All that you behold, though it appears without it is within, in your Imagination of which this world of mortality is but a shadow,” I mean that literally, for the drama of life unfolds from within.

The characters Jesus, David, Abraham, and Moses are but personifications of eternal states, which you individually will encounter as you move towards the ultimate awakening of being God himself. In his poem, “Saul” Robert Browning tells the story recorded in the 16th chapter of the Book of First Samuel, of how David cured Saul of the evil spirits which the Lord had sent upon him.
"The characters Jesus, David, Abraham, and Moses are but personifications of eternal states, which you individually will encounter as you move towards the ultimate awakening of being God himself."Zeke55

Heh heh. The Internet! Mars?

JAG

The characters Jesus, David, Abraham, and Moses are but personifications of eternal states, which you individually will encounter as you move towards the ultimate awakening of being God himself.
Bro , you haven't been on a bus with Ken Kesey have you ? ⚗️

The characters Jesus, David, Abraham, and Moses are but personifications of eternal states, which you individually will encounter as you move towards the ultimate awakening of being God himself.

Think I'd have to agree with the last few posts. Sounds like you're advocating we channel our "inner David."

bc7c1baacb3f8fae9a2be3b0838dbb47.jpg

Do you believe we must believe people will burn alive forever or we ourselves will not be saved?
I believe what scripture says.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

The lake of fire may be a real place or a metaphor as scripture gives no literal location, but is very descriptive as a place of outer darkness and torment and being eternal as all those people including Satan, the beast and the false prophet that are cast into it will be remembered no more.

The duration of punishment for the one cast into the lake of fire is everlasting. Isaiah speaks of the everlasting burning of the fire that shall never be quenched and of the worm which shall never die (Isaiah 33:14; 66:24). David said that some would awake unto eternal life and others unto shame and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2). John the Baptist and Jesus spoke of the unquenchable fire (Matthew 3:12; Mark 9:43). Paul the Apostle speaks of how the lost will be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord (II Thessalonians 1:9).

The Apostle John says that the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they shall have no rest day and night; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Revelation 14:11; 19:3; 20:10). Jesus said that the lake of fire is a furnace of fire in Matthew 13:41, 42 and outer darkness in Matthew 22:13.

The fact that the lake of fire is eternal is plain from the following verses where it is described as:

1. Everlasting fire.......................Matthew 25:41

2. Everlasting punishment...........Matthew 25:46

3. Eternal damnation..................Mark 3:29

4. Everlasting destruction.......... II Thessalonians 1:9

5. Everlasting contempt..............Daniel 12:2

6. Torment forever and ever.......Revelation 14:9-11

7. Blackness of darkness forever.....Jude 1:13

8. Vengeance of eternal life............Jude 1:7

9. Lake of fire--forever and ever......Revelation 20:10

10. Second death--forever..............Revelation 20:14

11. Elements melt, earth and works are burned up.......2Peter Chapter 3

God gives us a description as in fire and brimstone which can be used literal as in Sodom and Gomorrah burned to ashes and as a metaphor for torment, suffering, punishment or as Matthew 8:12 describes it as outer darkness. The New Testament description is a bottomless pit (abyss) (Revelation 20:3), a lake (Revelation 20:14), darkness (Matthew 25:30), death (Revelation 2:11), destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9), everlasting torment (Revelation 20:10), a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30), and a place of gradated punishment (Matthew 11:20-24; Luke 12:47-48; Revelation 20:12-13), everlasting fire Matthew 25:41, everlasting punishment, Matthew 25:46, lake of fire burning with brimstone.​

Are you saying you only see the Characters of Jesus, David, Abraham, and Moses only being symbolic, but not actually being real persons of history?

As do I

How that may reflect from anyone will obviously differ
God's word never changes by how others define it. It only differs by how people let others define it for them.

None of us are infallible in knowledge and usually only know certain things in parts and some things in full. It takes more than just reading the Bible, but to also study the history and culture as in knowing who has always persecuted God's own from the beginning starting with Nimrod clear through all four Empires that have made millions of martyr's for their faith in God. The last Empire is that of the revived Roman Empire that received it's deadly wound back in 1798 and was largely healed in 1929 and even today persecutes those who are Christ own making many martyr's who have died for the sake of Christ and their witness of Him.

Back