Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Thesaintman Asks

Your not using these are you?

9323920_orig.jpg

That picture is not biblical brother, unless people want to use the only two verses in the symbolic book of the revelation of Jesus Christ as literal 'the sun scorched men' and 'lake of fire'.

Even hell, never once in the bible is there ever such a thing described as 'hell fire'. The closest I can find is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited:
That picture is not biblical brother, unless people want to use the only two verses in the symbolic book of the revelation of Jesus Christ as literal 'the sun scorched men' and 'lake of fire'.

Even hell, never once in the bible is there ever such a thing described as 'hell fire'. The closest I can find is weeping and gnashing of teeth.
How do you mean?

Matt. 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matt. 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mark 9:43 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

How do you mean?

Matt. 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matt. 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mark 9:43 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Nice correction. Thank you. Thats why scripture is important right. We follow the bible for correction and reproof, we dont follow Jesus and not the bible.

Maybe this can be a good witness how important scripture really is and how off track people can get. Without the scriptures there is no sound doctrine. Im always happy to be corrected, but dont expect a pastor to be.

You need to study this matter more closely and more carefully. Hell fire in mentioned numerous times in the Bible. Please access a concordance and research this before misleading anyone. What concerns me is when people are so sure of themselves without a shred of evidence.

As to this OP, it is essentially meaningless.

IMO when I compare Luke 14:14-16; Rev 3:19-22; Rev 19:7-9 I believe the word sup/supper just means to fellowship (sup) with Christ. He had fellowship with His disciples at the last supper, but never ate the meal, nor drank the wine as Jesus said He would not eat it or drink it until it is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God. When we are joined again with Jesus at the marriage supper of the Lamb I believe it means having fellowship with Him as we are now as He is in all His glory. :shrug

In the Blue Letter Bible (BLB), to sup in Greek (G1172) mean to take the primary meal, which would be the evening meal...or, supper. Yeah sup means eat Sister. However, you're exactly right to say it means fellowship, because that's what it's all about.

Or maybe you think that the Lord is going to invite you over...and not whip out some goodies?! Lol. He will. Our God has all sorts of class and goodness, He'll feed us good, while we fellowship.

:)

You need to study this matter more closely and more carefully. Hell fire in mentioned numerous times in the Bible. Please access a concordance and research this before misleading anyone. What concerns me is when people are so sure of themselves without a shred of evidence.

As to this OP, it is essentially meaningless.

He who is blameless and knows scripture perfectly cast the first stone.

Thats why small bible studys and fellowship is good, people can correct each other. Knowone is perfect and I dont need to be careful because the bible can correct. I dont know everuthing and sure dont boast I know everything and im sure not afraid of being corrected as im not prideful in scripture.

And honest mistakes should also be the other persons responsibility to read there bible and match what I have said to know if its scripture or pulled out my own deluded mind. Test the spirits.

And its only the word hellfire I got wrong.

Last edited:
there may be a need to eat from the tree of life or drink from the or drink from the river coming from the throne. I do not think we will have to eat food as we know it on earth. the tree of life has 12 different fruit on it something to think about.

Oh yeah, huh.
We might be able to eat them, but still, that doesn't mean we were intended to. I think lobsters are there to help clean the ocean.

So what does the enemy do? Makes 'em very expensive, lol.

Ya'll ever had lobster mushrooms? They're bright orange like lobsters and you saute them in butter, then dip em in scampi dip (garlic butter sauce dip) and it's just like eating lobster. I like them.
yeah Edward I take it as it says " you may eat all things. some people dont though.

yeah Edward I take it as it says " you may eat all things. some people dont though.

I take it that we can eat all things too. I'll even eat lobster and shrimp & oysters, all that. I love seafood. When I get to heaven, I'll eat what is commonly ate there. :)

12 kinds of fruit? That sounds good. I bet their food is better than our food that we have now.

Back