Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Thesaintman Asks

IMO here is my :twocents..................when we receive new glorified bodies as flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God then we no longer would have a physical body that would need nourishment to sustain it therefore no need to eat, but I guess we will find out when we are there.

IMO here is my :twocents..................when we receive new glorified bodies as flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God then we no longer would have a physical body that would need nourishment to sustain it therefore no need to eat, but I guess we will find out when we are there.

Yeah, but Angels ate with man quite a bit. Plus the Lord is preparing the marriage supper of the lamb...

I think that eating in heaven is more for fellowship than sustenance. The Lord is inviting us over to dinner! That's super cool. :sohappy

I do believe that our new spiritual bodies will be 100% efficient and absorb all the food, so there will be no need for plumbing there...

thesaintman, God hears you, and if you're innocent you don't have to prove it to Him.
Men may not believe you, but our Father sees the new nature of Jesus in you, and you are blessed.

Yeah, but Angels ate with man quite a bit. Plus the Lord is preparing the marriage supper of the lamb...

I think that eating in heaven is more for fellowship than sustenance. The Lord is inviting us over to dinner! That's super cool. :sohappy

I do believe that our new spiritual bodies will be 100% efficient and absorb all the food, so there will be no need for plumbing there...

IMO when I compare Luke 14:14-16; Rev 3:19-22; Rev 19:7-9 I believe the word sup/supper just means to fellowship (sup) with Christ. He had fellowship with His disciples at the last supper, but never ate the meal, nor drank the wine as Jesus said He would not eat it or drink it until it is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God. When we are joined again with Jesus at the marriage supper of the Lamb I believe it means having fellowship with Him as we are now as He is in all His glory. :shrug

IMO when I compare Luke 14:14-16; Rev 3:19-22; Rev 19:7-9 I believe the word sup/supper just means to fellowship (sup) with Christ. He had fellowship with His disciples at the last supper, but never ate the meal, nor drank the wine as Jesus said He would not eat it or drink it until it is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God. When we are joined again with Jesus at the marriage supper of the Lamb I believe it means having fellowship with Him as we are now as He is in all His glory. :shrug

But if He said He wouldn't eat or drink again until after everything's fulfilled, then...He will then? Sounds like it.

Hey wait... He did eat and drink at last supper. He made the comment that who dips his bread after Him, that it was they which would betray Him.

Having a BBQ or people over for dinner is a big thing and a good thing.
Doesn't scripture give us instruction on being a good host? That if someone comes under your roof, that we're to offer them food and drink? I think it does.
I think that if the Lord gave us such instruction...that He'd be the same to us when we (finally) get to come under His roof.

Makes all sorts of sense to me. :)

Matthew 26:23-29
23And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me. 24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. 25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said. 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Jesus only dipped His hand in the dish, but does not state He ate it. I think we can only speculate if we will eat food in the Kingdom of God when we are there...................and if we do I want BBQ spareribs and Brisket with a side order of macaroni salad and Chocolate cake for desert :yes

No fish and lobster as there is no more sea. I wanted to ask The Most High if he can change his mind and add the sea again so I can go fishing and eat lobster. Then again, dont test the Lord.

Last edited:
No fish and lobster as there is no more sea. I wanted to ask The Most High if he can change his mind and add the sea again so I can go fishing and eat lobster. Then again, dont test the Lord.

I don't think that there will be lobster served. I read somewhere in scripture that we're only to eat fish with fins and scales so it's doubtful that the Lord would serve bottom feeders to us.

Don't get me wrong, Brother. I like lobster too. But He'll serve up something much better.

Matthew 26:23-29
23And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me. 24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. 25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said. 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Jesus only dipped His hand in the dish, but does not state He ate it. I think we can only speculate if we will eat food in the Kingdom of God when we are there...................and if we do I want BBQ spareribs and Brisket with a side order of macaroni salad and Chocolate cake for desert :yes

Maybe you're right, Sister. I do hope there is a feast though. It would have to be awesome.

I hope there's chocolate in heaven too. Mmmm.

I don't think that there will be lobster served. I read somewhere in scripture that we're only to eat fish with fins and scales so it's doubtful that the Lord would serve bottom feeders to us.

Don't get me wrong, Brother. I like lobster too. But He'll serve up something much better.
might check Gen 9:3

might check Gen 9:3

Oh yeah, huh.
We might be able to eat them, but still, that doesn't mean we were intended to. I think lobsters are there to help clean the ocean.

So what does the enemy do? Makes 'em very expensive, lol.

Ya'll ever had lobster mushrooms? They're bright orange like lobsters and you saute them in butter, then dip em in scampi dip (garlic butter sauce dip) and it's just like eating lobster. I like them.

Back