Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

These stupid people have gone to far

Lewis

To see them frisk her made me, I Lewis very angry at them idiots.

Critics are again taking aim at the Transportation Security Administration's screening procedures, this time after an enhanced pat-down of a 6-year-old girl was caught on video and posted on YouTube.
The incident in question happened earlier this month when the vacationing Drexel family was returning home to Kentucky from New Orleans' Armstrong International Airport. That's when 6-year-old daughter Anna was selected for additional screening.
[video=youtube;U3DnZyUgvgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3DnZyUgvgU[/video]
The couple posted a video of the search on YouTube. It shows a TSA agent patting down the child and explaining the procedure to the girl and her parents. The screener says that she will use the back of her hands on sensitive areas and will "put my hand in the waistband."
The girl's father, Todd Drexel, says Anna was confused by the search and started crying afterward because she thought she'd done something wrong.
Mother Selena Drexel says most other passengers near them in the queue were able to pass through security normally.
"For some reason Anna was selected for a pat-down, I can only speculate as to why," Selena told ABC's "Good Morning America" this morning.
"I did ask for alternatives. I did ask for her to be rescanned," Selena adds. "They just refused and said they were going to do what they were going to do."
Even the Daily Mail of London picks up the story, noting mother Selena can be heard asking agents "can't you just re-scan her" before being told "no" by an agent.
The New York Daily News notes the agent shown in the video was professional and very "polite" to the child, though mother Selena tells ABC she was less happy with an off-camera TSA supervisor that balked at other options for Anna.
For its part, the TSA says its agents acted as they should have.
"TSA has reviewed the incident and determined that this officer followed proper current screening procedures," the agency says in a statement quoted by CNN.
Still, the agency adds in the statement that it may seek make some modifications to those procedures going forward.
"(In) line with his vision to accelerate TSA's evolution into a truly risk-based, intelligence-driven organization, Administrator (John) Pistole has tasked the agency with exploring additional ways to focus its resources and move beyond a one-size-fits-all system while maintaining a high level of security," the statement continues.
And on its agency blog, the TSA says:
Recognizing that terrorists are willing to manipulate societal norms to evade detection, TSA has been actively assessing less invasive screening methods for low-risk populations, such as younger passengers, while still maintaining a high level of security.
Regardless of the TSA's comments, the Drexels -- and others -- say they'll push for the TSA to change the way it handles young children at airport checkpoints.
"A 6-year-old child shouldn't be subjected to this kind of treatment in the first place if there's no reason to suspect her or her parents of being criminals," Marjorie Esman, executive director of the ACLU Louisiana, tells CBS affiliate WWL in New Orleans.
"A child who is visibly, audibly complaining, 'I don't want to do this,' should at the very least be given some privacy," Esman adds, referencing content seen in the video.
Another dissenting voice comes from Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on National Security.
"I am personally outraged and disgusted by yet another example of mistreatment of an innocent American at the hands of TSA," he says in a statement. "This conduct is in clear violation of TSA's explicit policy not to conduct thorough pat-downs on children under the age of 13."
However, some did defend the TSA.
"Privacy experts don't like it at all, the critics call it security theater, but we have to say the screener here appears to be doing her job," CBS News national security correspondent Bob Orr is quoted as saying by Syracuse.com. "You can't take kids out of the mix, The exemption would point terrorists to a gaping hole in our security...The bottom line is al Qaeda is savvy, study our security system and practices and it's not beyond al Qaeda to use kids."
TODAY'S TALKER: Should the TSA come up with alternative screening procedures for young children? Or is that something that could be exploited by terrorists? Share your thoughts.
USA Today

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that this seems repugnant. Since hundreds of millions of ppl cross the US's borders, there are likely to be officials from time to time who are less than tactful and respectful.

Remember — especially those who have not traveled a great deal outside the United States — it's an evil world, and there are ppl out there evil enough to hide explosives and harmful liquids on children.

Homing in on such an incident, it certainly does not seem justifiable if one looks at it in isolated terms.

But remember, too, the big picture.

The problem is political correctness. See, we look for bombs, but what we SHOULD be looking for is TERRORISTS. A middle aged (barely) white couple with their little girl are NOT going to bring down an airplane that they, themselves, are flying on - we in the west don't do that.

The TSA is a typical, PC-based American reaction to 9-11: leave common sense at the door and pick people at random for additional searches. While looking for bombs is part of the answer, profiling for TERRORISTS is a bigger part of the answer. But we can't do that, someone might be offended. :nono2

This country sure looks retarded to anyone who is paying attention.

they use certain "sniffer" type devices to see if an explosive device was in an area and those can be very accurate. They can use these same devices to say this person has an explosive device or not on them now. There is other things they can do. They can keep us safe while not molesting any of us, let alone a 6 year old girl. If it's illegal for a person to do, it's illegal. Just because one person happens to work for tsa and following guildlines that they put forth doesn't make it any more legal. If I'm security and I do that i'm busted. If I'm a cop and do that i'm busted oh but tsa gets a pass.. nonsence.

they use certain "sniffer" type devices to see if an explosive device was in an area and those can be very accurate. They can use these same devices to say this person has an explosive device or not on them now. There is other things they can do. They can keep us safe while not molesting any of us, let alone a 6 year old girl. If it's illegal for a person to do, it's illegal. Just because one person happens to work for tsa and following guildlines that they put forth doesn't make it any more legal. If I'm security and I do that i'm busted. If I'm a cop and do that i'm busted oh but tsa gets a pass.. nonsence.
while i dont like the tsa type of searches, but implied consent is given when you fly. when one goes to nasa theres a big sign that says by entering this facility you are subject to searches and seziure. all military bases have that sign. been legal for yrs(50 plus).

I totally understand the TSA's point of view. In the last five years, do you know how many countless six year olds have smuggled bombs onto planes? Six year olds are simply such a threat to our national security that I really don't think we should even allow them in the air. Heck, ban six year olds from all means of transportation, bar them from ever getting a driver's license, and stop them from ever purchasing anything that can be used to make bombs.

Hey here's an idea, lets form an exchange program with Mexico. We will take one Mexican for ever six year old they take off our hands! :clap

But seriously folks, this EPIDEMIC of six year old airplane bombers MUST come to an end. And I for one am glad that the TSA is finally growing a pair and is now using "profiling" to catch these terrible six year olds before than cause use anymore harm! It's so good to see that our government has finally come to its senses and is using logic over this terrible "political correctness" mumbo-jumbo!

Thank you oh great and powerful Czar-bama!

---

Was that too much? :confused::D

while i dont like the tsa type of searches, but implied consent is given when you fly. when one goes to nasa theres a big sign that says by entering this facility you are subject to searches and seziure. all military bases have that sign. been legal for yrs(50 plus).

when this first started happening people were upset.. thus the reason why there are still signs at all military bases.. no signs there, and it's not implied that if you fly you will be molested. Even so a 6 year old can not consent to being molested even if they say it's ok law says no it's not.

honestly my point is there is low costing tech out there that can do a much better job than a pat down. if you put something near a crease and a joint the inspector/molestor may never even feel it and if they do think it's part of you or your clothes. Your clothes can actually be made of something explosive. The TSA will feel them and let you pass. However with the low cost sniffer type devices they will bring up red flags and catch so much more than a pat down ever could.

just as a side point those x rays cost more and do less than the things i'm
referring to but we have to spend our way into bankrupcy and upset the people as much as possible while doing so. That's not the america I grew up in. That's not the leadership i expect from my government.

Now we have not seen custom devices like shirts made from the explosive itself but we could and the tsa would let them right through however there is things that would stop these pat downs and detect these things should we ever see them. I don't understand why our leaders icnore this, when it's getting so much outcry.

Shoot I forgot the [sarcasm] brackets again!

That being said, it could easily be my opinion if you just switch "six year olds" with another group of immature small-minded people.

I wonder how many terrorist or potential terrorist see a possible opportunity to get something on an airplane now? that child was not traumatized, did you see the tape? I thought the screener was as gentle as she could sure there probably are better ways of screening but we want our cake and eat it too. I guess I am in the minority. Flying is a consumer luxury, you don't fly then you drive, or take a bus or take a train, or if you chose to fly and expect a safe flight then you deal with the inconvenience. Sheesh. We got a bunch a crybabys in this country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benjamin Franklin said:
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Statistically speaking we have some of the least safe airplanes in the world. More terrorists and "safety tests" get through US airport security than nearly any other nation in the world. Air security is like education: shoveling money at the problem doesn't do anything to alleviate the problem.

Let's look at Israeli airport security. They are arguably the largest terrorist threat in the world. The last time someone hijacked an Israeli plane I wasn't even born yet. What do the Israelis do that we do not? Well they have two key differences:

1. Private security, not federal security
2. Profiling

Their airport security costs less than ours (even when you scale it for size) and they have a far better record than we do. Their wait times to get on a plane are minimal and they sacrifice virtually no liberties, unlike the US airport security, which functions by taking liberties away.

honestly my point is there is low costing tech out there that can do a much better job than a pat down. if you put something near a crease and a joint the inspector/molestor may never even feel it and if they do think it's part of you or your clothes. Your clothes can actually be made of something explosive. The TSA will feel them and let you pass. However with the low cost sniffer type devices they will bring up red flags and catch so much more than a pat down ever could.

just as a side point those x rays cost more and do less than the things i'm
referring to but we have to spend our way into bankrupcy and upset the people as much as possible while doing so. That's not the america I grew up in. That's not the leadership i expect from my government.

Now we have not seen custom devices like shirts made from the explosive itself but we could and the tsa would let them right through however there is things that would stop these pat downs and detect these things should we ever see them. I don't understand why our leaders icnore this, when it's getting so much outcry.
i am well aware of this, but the problem here is that $$$. i am trained in searching techniques btw , did them in afghanistan and also train routinely on that,. no system is perfect.

pards idea may work.honestly i wonder if there was a problem when the national guard ran operations safe skies.

I wonder how many terrorist or potential terrorist see a possible opportunity to get something on an airplane now? that child was not traumatized, did you see the tape? I thought the screener was as gentle as she could sure there probably are better ways of screening but we want our cake and eat it too. I guess I am in the minority. Flying is a consumer luxury, you don't fly then you drive, or take a bus or take a train, or if you chose to fly and expect a safe flight then you deal with the inconvenience. Sheesh. We got a bunch a crybabys in this country.
(Crybabys) I think that I better leave that comment alone.:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

ok. let me put it this way. what if the govt reacted that way to a bombing of some football stadium and several other events where cars were used and passed laws that stated every day you drive you must go to a place to be checked so that you are 'safe'. walk? dont drive?

We are looking for ways to balance our budget and cut costs. Completely cutting the useless TSA is one way. Now that more Republicans are in, I thought this justified perversion was going to stop? We don't hear of it any longer. So, there's more useless politicians we elected in with the same ol' politics as usual. I'll bet dollars to donuts that even with a complete flip-flop of political party/power, this nonsense will just continue on. Doesn't anyone really care? Or, I thought that they were going to stop our constitutional erosion. I guess not. It proves to me they are all the same.

And the child that is sexually molested but does not scream and fight is not traumatized either? Many times a sexually molested child does not fight because it is family or an authority figure that touches them and they feel obligated to stand there and take it just like this child. If a teacher or parent touched a child like this, they`d be charged with sexual molestation. Even a police can`t touch a child like this.

As for just driving, I live overseas so I don`t have that choice, but I don`t want to put my children through stuff like this either. So does that mean, my children should be denied seeing their grandparents, cousins, and other relatives if they don`t want to be all felt up?

There was absolutely no reason to seach this child like this. And they even did a drug test on the child! Do you think that was a good use of tax payer money? This stuff has to end.

Is it just America that is doing this? I don`t think even North Korea does this in its airports!

Back